Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking The Seven (The Boys) vs Wonder Woman (DCEU)

The Seven from the Amazon TV show. Wonder Woman gets her lasoo, shield and sword. Who takes it?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Speed is an issue here.

Is A-Train fast enough to blitz? Is his strength enough to make that blitz stick?

Wondy is really durable and powerful and a much better fighter than any of them. She might be able to take it?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He's DEFINITELY fast enough to blitz very trivially. And with that, he ought to be able to take her sword and filet her with it, if his strength isn't enough on his own to do the trick.

On top of that, Homelander has some pretty serious speed himself, though pretty rarely seen on-screen. He's also been completely unhurt by "every weapon there is" which would seem to include nukes and things that are pretty outside of Wondy's paygrade to deliver.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

What was A-train's top speed? Did the show give a number? Because yeah, this sorta revolves around him. Taking her sword is a good idea.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Homelander would also have absolutely no compunction about heat-visioning everything and I kinda get the feeling that would hurt Diana just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Homelander would also have absolutely no compunction about heat-visioning everything and I kinda get the feeling that would hurt Diana just fine.
    Eh, she has 99 problems in this thread, but I don't think HV is one of them. Not sure it has the feats to hurt her.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What was A-train's top speed? Did the show give a number? Because yeah, this sorta revolves around him. Taking her sword is a good idea.
    The show never gives a number, but he's just flat out invisible when he's doing his thing. He's visibly significantly faster than Diana. Like "it's not even all that close" kind of levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He definitely wouldn't hesitate. Bloodlust is his natural state.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Eh, she has 99 problems in this thread, but I don't think HV is one of them. Not sure it has the feats to hurt her.
    (Smiles inside)

Hard to say - it might be given that Homelander likely has the speed to blitz her with it, and it has the feats for tearing through literally anything it has been used against. It's so hard to say with WW. Buuuuut it probably doesn't matter, as A-Train can definitely blitz, and can do things like "take all of her stuff and tie her up with her own rope" without her being to do either jack or squat about it.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Can you post a link to the invisible speed scene or whatever? The show seems to imply his top speed is below 1000mph during his race is my only thing here.
    - big_adventure

Ok, so by presentation, A-train is around mach 1.3 at his VERY best, at least with the only hard #'s the show decides to give us. He was juiced up on compound V against Shockwave and couldn't break 900mph. The announcer states that his personal best is over 1000.

Other nifty things he has done are putting cracks in asphalt from running and you can hear the occasional sonic boom. He also ran to Cuba and back but we dont have any hard numbers on how long that trip took. He also disappeared and reappeared to shoot up the V but considering he then WHEN BOOSTED doesn't break 1000mph, that feels like a sloppy "oopsie" and less of a feat. Mileage may vary for that last one.
    - big_adventure

His first scene he literally runs through a girl just about to kiss a boy (yes, a key plot point) and the boy doesn't even notice A-Train passing by. Said girl is transformed into mist and liquid. That's a STUPID amount of kinetic energy being transferred there. He also has repeated feats of literal appearance/disappearance in clear sight. It's way, way beyond Wondy's speed.

As far as strength, I don't know that he's stronger then she is, but he trains by pulling locamotives and such. He's plenty strong. He is also completely unaffected by running through that girl.

As far as the speed stuff, when he and the other dude are racing, wasn't his lap time in like the "few thousandths of a second" range? I'll have to re-watch to see but if that's the case and it's a normal track length, that's 400m in a few thousandths of a second. Lets say 10 thousandths of a second, just to make this "fair": that's 40 000m/sec, and that's just a wee bit faster than "mach 1.3." It's thousands of mach. This is so often a problem with the Flash being written or presented, for example: "I'm exerting myself, running at almost the speed of light" being clearly presented yet doing things that would require being billions of times the speed of light to accomplish. Don't get me started on Barry Allen's speed in the Flash on CW. Please, just don't.

And for all of that, he's deathly terrified by Homelander. Which he should be. Which everyone should be.

In any case, even if he's "only" a mach one level speedster, that's still classic Quicksilver level, and that's wayyyyyyyyyy beyond a mid-tier bullet timer like DEU Wondy.

He can slaughter her himself is what I'm saying. And if he can't, well, there's really nothing she can do about Homelander based on presentation and what limited feats we see.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm not sure I buy her not being able to do anything to Homelander. We see Homelander do pretty much jack in terms of not killing regular people.

He has like no real feats. Black Noir has more feats.

Homelanders brief feats are really good though. Outracing a bomb after it's exploding, and carving up a plane with HV are probably more than enough to take her.

The race clocks him at 371 m/s which is about 850 mph I think.

The disappearing/reappearing stuff is his best stuff imo but it feels weird against his overall presentation as a guy who feels he needs to juice up to beat a mach 1 opponent.

If we accept all the other stuff, then yeah, he cuts WW with her own sword.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Homelanders brief feats are really good though. Outracing a bomb after it's exploding, and carving up a plane with HV are probably more than enough to take her.
    Again, lots of problems for Wondy in this fight, just not Heat Vision. She was ground zero for Ares' blast that sent out a huge shockwave and destroyed a tower. It knocked her around but she was hardly in real danger from it.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm not sure I buy her not being able to do anything to Homelander. We see Homelander do pretty much jack in terms of not killing regular people.

He has like no real feats. Black Noir has more feats.
    What Moonknight11 says, and to add, we have the board concept of "high end feats consistent with presentation." Well, his presentation is off the charts high. But yeah, he's bad for Rumbles for now unless we go into the nebulous area of "people who are extreme badasses literally poop themselves at the thought that he's involved."

He does have speed, though, which seems pretty clearly better than hers, has Superman-type senses, has some degree of toughness, has legit superspeed flight (when he's scanning the city) and has HV that casually slices through anything it comes up against. Wondy has some really cool defensive options if she has the chance to use them, but people faster then her aren't going to give her that time.