Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They should have given him a wig so he doesn’t just look like white painted Vin Diesel.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

My personal problem isn't that there's no comic book look. It's that this looks like a typical Sony and Vin Diesel action flick and they chose Vin Diesel to play the lead character. This is a new character from a new universe that hasn't been on the big screen before, but yet it feels like a movie I've already seen before. It's the exact same issue I had with the way Venom looked in the trailers and the same problem I might have with Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam. Both men are so overexposed in the action film genre that they're hired to play versions of themselves or versions of their popular characters on screen, instead of actually bringing a new character to life.

They could have had Diesel in white body paint and red eyes and I'd still have the same issue because it's Vin Diesel. And it's not like his movies outside of Fast & the Furious are huge box office hits. Yes he has a name, but does anyone care for him when he's not Dom Torreto?

Like, I really hope if we get that eventual NinjaK movie they just don't hire Scott Adkins and call it a day. It'll mean absolutely stunning fight scenes, sure. But it'll be such a generic pick.

Looks generic as hell. But for what’s its worth, I hope it’s a success so that more of Valiants characters can be on the big screen. Especially Livewire and Shadowman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    My personal problem isn't that there's no comic book look. It's that this looks like a typical Sony and Vin Diesel action flick and they chose Vin Diesel to play the lead character. This is a new character from a new universe that hasn't been on the big screen before, but yet it feels like a movie I've already seen before. It's the exact same issue I had with the way Venom looked in the trailers and the same problem I might have with Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam. Both men are so overexposed in the action film genre that they're hired to play versions of themselves or versions of their popular characters on screen, instead of actually bringing a new character to life.

They could have had Diesel in white body paint and red eyes and I'd still have the same issue because it's Vin Diesel. And it's not like his movies outside of Fast & the Furious are huge box office hits. Yes he has a name, but does anyone care for him when he's not Dom Torreto?

Like, I really hope if we get that eventual NinjaK movie they just don't hire Scott Adkins and call it a day. It'll mean absolutely stunning fight scenes, sure. But it'll be such a generic pick.
    Well at least then it would've looked like he was actually playing the character and not just "Vin Diesel protagonist #65."

BANNED

No mention of psiots at all and why does he look nothing like Bloodshot? this is just a Vin Diesel vehicle with the Valiant brand name, pass

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well at least then it would've looked like he was actually playing the character and not just "Vin Diesel protagonist #65."
    Seriously. What is so confusing about the concept of 'acting'?

I mean, Ryan Reynolds got all Deadpooled up and his career survived, so there's no excuse not to look the part.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I mean, Ryan Reynolds got all Deadpooled up and his career survived, so there's no excuse not to look the part.
    In fairness, I think we do see him with glowing red eyes of a sort during the trailer so there's always the possibility of him gaining a more comics accurate look later in the film. Diesel did transform himself somewhat in that movie where he played a mafia boss and he's been in movies where he didn't even need to be on screen so I don't think he'd have an issue with a comics accurate look.

BANNED

I couldn’t even finish the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    No mention of psiots at all and why does he look nothing like Bloodshot? this is just a Vin Diesel vehicle with the Valiant brand name, pass
    You might not see Psiots mention because Sony let Paramount buy Harbingers. So Valiant is split up like Marvel now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You might not see Psiots mention because Sony let Paramount buy Harbingers. So Valiant is split up like Marvel now.
    That's awful. I originally heard that Bloodshot would be the first of a franchise followed by Harbinger and a crossover of the two with Harbinger Wars.

That's awful. I originally heard that Bloodshot would be the first of a franchise followed by Harbinger and a crossover of the two with Harbinger Wars.
    That could still be the case, just Psiots wouldn't be in any of it (I'm assuming Psiots is a character? I know nothing of Valiant comics).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That could still be the case, just Psiots wouldn't be in any of it (I'm assuming Psiots is a character? I know nothing of Valiant comics).
    Psiots are essentially the mutants of the Valiant universe. In recent comics Bloodshot has been directly tied to them and the mythology of Harbinger, he’s a “psiot killer” meaning he goes out and hunts super powered adults and children that his org sees as a threat, but of course in the end wants to protect them. I just assumed they would play a big role in this if they planned on tying it to Harbinger, but I guess they aren’t

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Honestly it might be one of those things that doesn't translate well to live action. Like Wolverine's yellow and blue looks cool in 2D but trying to bring that to live action...maybe not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Honestly it might be one of those things that doesn't translate well to live action. Like Wolverine's yellow and blue looks cool in 2D but trying to bring that to live action...maybe not.
    Bloodshot would look beautiful in love action, and so would Wolverine's suit tbh. I think there are ways of tweaking it to make it look believable. For Bloodshot it's merely coloring and adding a new texture to Diesel's skin and making his eyes red.

Bloodshot would look beautiful in love action, and so would Wolverine's suit tbh. I think there are ways of tweaking it to make it look believable. For Bloodshot it's merely coloring and adding a new texture to Diesel's skin and making his eyes red.
    I was disappointed they did an alternate ending of The Wolverine with an actual live-action version of Wolverine's classic look, mask and all, but never did anything with it.