Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloodshot Trailer

This is a very solid trailer imo. The trailer didn't have oh crap moment but it explains the concept of Bloodshot pretty well. This is going to be interesting because the budget probably isn't super high and they made sure it wasn't R movie so if it doesn't get murdered in the reviews. It has a solid chance to be successful because it has good date and probably doesn't need to make ridiculous much to make it budget and make a profit.

Feb 7 Harley Quinn
    Feb 14 Kingsman, Sonic the Hedgehog,Fantasy Island
    Feb 21 Bloodshot
    Feb 28 Nothing worth mentioning( I guess the Invisible man counts)
    March 6 Nothing worth mentioning( Kids movie Onward)

I am rooting for it to do good so other valiant properties can get a shot.

Know nothing about Bloodhsot other then the music basic of info. That said this trailer looked ok. Not amazing but not bad either. I need to see more before I can really say if ima see it or not in theaters

Ultimate Member

The movie looks like all of Vin Diesel's movies wrapped into one.

Ultimate Member

Eh, looks okay.

Dunno why they couldn't have gone with the comic book look instead of Vin's usual mug. Do they think we'd forget what he looks like?

Extraordinary Member

Def gonna check this out! Hard to believe it's not R with all that gore. Maybe the Rock will show up as the big bad lol.

well, as an old days vailiant comics fan, i always thought bloodshot was one of their weakest titles.
    he is generic action formula incarnated. a bit of the punisher, a bit of wolverine, a bit of some others and loooots of hardcore violence. which the trailer heavily reminds us of.
    only thing that sliightly interests me, will there be vailiant cinematic universe building?
    give me a&a, solar, shadowman, harbinger, eternal warrior, magus&rai

edit
    oh and ofc GIVE me harada, my fav 90s villian
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-21-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, looks okay.

Dunno why they couldn't have gone with the comic book look instead of Vin's usual mug. Do they think we'd forget what he looks like?
    Yeah...is he not going to look like he does in the comics or do they not want to spoil it?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The film looks okay (granted I know nothing about Bloodshot), but Sony really doesn't know how to make trailers (or they should get a new studio to cut it for them). They show way too much. And considering how intense marketing is for blockbusters these days, these trailers will be viewed by multiple people multiple times.

The 'repeating' gimmick shouldn't have been in this trailer. When people finally see the film, it's not going to feel special anymore. Tease the characters, the action, the stakes and the synopsis but don't layout the [frick]ing plot or specific plot points. It ruins the surprises.

It's what Disney/Marvel and WB/DC do so much better than Sony and why the formers' films are so heavily speculated. Speculation is basically free advertising. If you tell people everything, they have nothing to speculate. Interest wanes.

That being said, it does look okay. Not terrible or anything, though I'm not a fan of Vin Diesel being Vin Diesel in this. Would have liked a fresher face. Diesel is too stale for the immersion of a new character to feel authentic.

Like some others here, I never read the Bloodshot comic, so I know nothing about the character.

However, the trailer tells me that this is the usual 90s indy comic formula -- a mashup of the creator's favorite pop culture trappings.

This looks too derivative for me to make a trip to the theater, so I'll likely streamwait this.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The movie looks like all of Vin Diesel's movies wrapped into one.
    Pretty much.
    I’m not a Valiant fan to begin with, and generic look doesn’t help sway me. If it looked like the comic i’d Be way more interested.

Vin just needs to give us what we -really- want, a live action Groot series on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The film looks okay (granted I know nothing about Bloodshot), but Sony really doesn't know how to make trailers (or they should get a new studio to cut it for them). They show way too much. And considering how intense marketing is for blockbusters these days, these trailers will be viewed by multiple people multiple times.

The 'repeating' gimmick shouldn't have been in this trailer. When people finally see the film, it's not going to feel special anymore. Tease the characters, the action, the stakes and the synopsis but don't layout the [frick]ing plot or specific plot points. It ruins the surprises.

It's what Disney/Marvel and WB/DC do so much better than Sony and why the formers' films are so heavily speculated. Speculation is basically free advertising. If you tell people everything, they have nothing to speculate. Interest wanes.

That being said, it does look okay. Not terrible or anything, though I'm not a fan of Vin Diesel being Vin Diesel in this. Would have liked a fresher face. Diesel is too stale for the immersion of a new character to feel authentic.
    Well, if they haven't leaked him actually looking like Bloodshot...well, they've saved some of the surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if they haven't leaked him actually looking like Bloodshot...well, they've saved some of the surprise.
    he got bloodshot eyes at the end of trailer though. as good as it may get?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Seriously? He looks nothing like Bloodshot and looks like just another Vin Diesel action flick. Not a good start for the Valiant cinematic universe.

Now I don't think Vin Diesel is necessarily the first choice I would have picked for Bloodshot but he is big enough name to pull an audience and he has proven success with XXX, Fast and Furious and Riddick. I understand why a studio would pick him isn't the A list but he is the solid B Tier like Jason Statham, Mark Wahlberg, Channing Tatum, Gerard Butler who are going to get an audience attention enough to say I know that guy and hey the movie looks like kinda interesting let me go and see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah...is he not going to look like he does in the comics or do they not want to spoil it?
    In the last couple second of the trailer you catch small glimpse of with the pale skin red eyes if you pause at 2:06

Attachment 88565

As with most things nowadays the toys already spoil it

I think it is pretty funny they are holding back the comic look as a "big surprise" and they are being rip for it.