Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you could only watch One TV series forever

If you could only watch one TV series for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

For me hands down STAR TREK because is a fantastic premise about the future of the human race exploring the universe and learning to be better and to get along. The stories can be about many things, different tones and focus on different characters alien or human. It includes the movies as well. It's never ending and open-ended.

Now when you say Star Trek, you talking original series or Next Generation or Deep Space Nine or Voyager or Enterprise or Discovery or the animated series or...?

The West Wing.

The Big Bang Theory. I still laugh at their antics even though I have just about every line of dialogue memorized.

Definitely Dexter's Laboratory:

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Now when you say Star Trek, you talking original series or Next Generation or Deep Space Nine or Voyager or Enterprise or Discovery or the animated series or...?
    All of it, show and movies because they are connected in different ways. It's one big universe.

Think DC Comics or Arroverse or DCAU.

1st - ER with most of the old cast that's still alive.

2nd - Batttlestar Galactica (Ron Moore version) In my version, they never found Earth to settle on.

3rd - The Americans - The Jennings never would have gone back to Russia. They would have gotten American protection for secrets and new identities.... yet the Russians are now searching for them to kill them off.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    All of it, show and movies because they are connected in different ways. It's one big universe.

Think DC Comics or Arroverse or DCAU.
    Feels like that's cheating...

In which case I pick the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Big Bang Theory. I still laugh at their antics even though I have just about every line of dialogue memorized.
    ^^^Solid choice.

It would definitely need to be something humorous.
    Also, going by stargazer01’s shared continuity loophole, BBT would also get you YOUNG SHELDON.

I was personally thinking FRASIER. It was a fantastic show, had a healthy 11 season run, and would also get me access to 11 seasons of CHEERS, 8 seasons of WINGS, 6 seasons of ST. ELSEWHERE, 30 seasons of THE SIMPSONS, 4 seasons of THE JOHN LARROQUETTE SHOW, 4 seasons of CAROLINE IN THE CITY, 5 seasons of BOSTON LEGAL, 12 seasons of BONES, 1 season of THE FINDER, 4 seasons of SLEEPY HOLLOW, 9 seasons of THE MIDDLE, 14 seasons of ITS ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, and one season of...ugh...THE TORTELLIS.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 10-21-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I would just not watch anything, rather than run something I loved into the ground.

Smallville. Not because quality but because of Nostalgia. I have such a strong emotional connection to that show and it has more to do with that show just being something my family watched together at a certain point in my life. And by the time I was an adult it was still on and I was hooked already. But I I literaly watched the first 2 episodes in a hospital bed with my mom after I almost died from misdiagnosed appendicitis. So happens 9/11 also happen at that time so it left an impact. I still to this day rewatch the whole series once a year. I do skip some episodes though

Incredible Member

The Muppet Show

A diverse cast, cameos aplenty and can be somewhat experimental in the content, while being absolutely hillarious.

Transformers G1. In a lot of ways the granddaddy of modern action cartoons.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Still flying

Boston Legal. Because... well... Denny Crane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    I would just not watch anything,
    For me, that would be inconceivable!