View Poll Results: Do you like it?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah

34 46.58%
  • Nah

39 53.42%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Mostly yeah for me. I like most of the idea. However, I think that Snyder's is kind of reaching the far-end of the Epic Justice League style. It's awesome, bombastic and epic, but I can't help but feel that it's not that different from Justice League - Rebirth, which was also mostly cosmic threats and little substance.

Of course, this impression may also be colored by the fact that has weeks passes, I feel that the Holy Trinity of DC is really left with very little interesting stories to tell if one doesn't upset their status quo like Bendis is doing on Action/Superman.Beyond empty retread, I'm not sure there is much to tell, especially about Batman as Bruce Wayne, really.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

What else do you guys actually want from the justice league? The stories actully tied into other things going in the DCU, managed to hve a lot of personal moments but still also introduced new concepts and it also had great art throughout the run..I don't know what else someone could want from this run(besides a different lineup, but that's not really a complaina about the quality of the book.)

I read the first six issues, didn't like it, and came back on with the current story because I love the Justice Society and wanted to see them back. I still don't like it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

It is a big NO for me... boring, confusing and pretentious story. I can't even recognize them as the League anymore.

I like it! It’s not deep but it’s enjoyable. I don’t get the negative comparisons to DB, what more do you expect from the JL? People complain about Snyder having them face over the top threats but when Priest had the League tackle “real” issues and WW get taken out by a bullet, people complained about that. No one is ever satisfied.

It's a big dumb blockbuster, so yeah. I really don't ask much from my Justice League -- I'm not looking for high art, I'm just looking to be entertained. Which is why Hitch's run was so offensive -- it was so boring.

It's not something I'll ever feel the need to buy a deluxe oversized hardcover of for the shelf, but it's more than passable.

It was nothing groundbreaking but I liked it for what it was. JL is supposed to be the blockbuster book of DC and I thought Snyder delivered on that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What else do you guys actually want from the justice league? The stories actully tied into other things going in the DCU, managed to hve a lot of personal moments but still also introduced new concepts and it also had great art throughout the run..I don't know what else someone could want from this run(besides a different lineup, but that's not really a complaina about the quality of the book.)
    Makes me wonder how Morrison's run would be received if it came out today and wasn't held up as a gold standard like it is.

I actually think Snyder has worked in more character moments than Morrison did. I'm not thrilled with the J'onn-Kendra thing but I also know it's not ever going to go anywhere (Kendra's a Hawk, her love life is pretty damn cemented as far as endgame goes).

Snyder's JL is doing what I want the JL to do. I can certainly nitpick the hell out of it (I still dont think Snyder gets Superman, for example) but it's doing what I want think the League book should be doing. Save the character exploration and deep thoughtful commentary for the solo titles; this is the gods damn Justice League and if they're not struggling together to defeat threats so big they defy definition, then what the hell is the point of the League?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I was here on the CBR boards when Morrison was still on JLA. A lot of people outright hated the Shaggy Man stuff, there was a ton of excitement for Crisis Times 5 because of the JSA but people thought it ended with a whimper, and people were very mixed on World War III. There was quite the clamoring for Waid when he took over for good w/ Babel.

There was also an outcry when Prometheus was beaten by Catwoman right after Morrison expanded the league.

All in all, it's not wholly different than the Snyder critiques.

Meh...Not a fan as it seems like he has his climax all written out and just throwing stuff out there to get there...

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I stopped reading Snyder since Metal came in. I feel much better now.
    Same here, so I can't speak about JL. But I suspect, if I were to read it, I would find that I don't like it.
    But Rebirth JL wasn't good in my opinion, so, eh "shrugs".

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I have really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I was here on the CBR boards when Morrison was still on JLA. A lot of people outright hated the Shaggy Man stuff, there was a ton of excitement for Crisis Times 5 because of the JSA but people thought it ended with a whimper, and people were very mixed on World War III. There was quite the clamoring for Waid when he took over for good w/ Babel.

There was also an outcry when Prometheus was beaten by Catwoman right after Morrison expanded the league.

All in all, it's not wholly different than the Snyder critiques.
    I was on the DC message boards back then, and it sounds like the reception might have been, overall, a bit more positive there. The Prometheus/Catwoman thing though? That got lots of hate. Her just being there pissed off a lot of people. So did Shazam knocking Clark out with a magic punch. But I feel like the DCMB, with a couple vocal exceptions, enjoyed the run a fair bit. But who knows, that might just be rose tinted glasses too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

i go banana with this kind of story.... big univeral threat universe destroy .... but this ? nope i try ... i really didnt... but i felt empty ... no butterflies in the belly

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I'm a pretty simple guy. I see the JSA, I'm happy.