73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah

34 46.58%
  • Nah

39 53.42%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao if you polled people here on the BWLs I’m sure the majority would say they hate him. But he sells well, or at least his mini did. The CBR forums is just a tiny slice of the fandom. And people here didn’t like Johns, or Hitch, or Priest, so frankly it’s impossible to “course correct”. Who exactly is going to take over JL and deliver better sales with more acclaim than Snyder?
    I don't know what a BWL is...at least not off the top of my head. And it's understandable that people here didn't like the Johns or Hitch runs, because those were bad, too. I can't speak too much for Priest, because I didn't read much of it, but my general impression was it was filler.

As for who's going to take over for Snyder with better sales and whatnot, I sure hope DC has someone to do that, for their sake, because it's not like the sales of Justice League are phenomenal. Low 50,000s if I recall. Not impressive at all for this title with one of DC's biggest writers. But if they can't get anyone better...well...too bad for them, I guess. They better go find some better talent than what they've got.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-26-2019 at 02:10 AM.

BANNED

Batman who laughs.

Incredible Member

A definite Hell Yeah from me, its far better then Hitch's run and is the best JL I've seen in a long time. I know he's going epic in scale but that's what I expect from the League

Spectacular Member

The Dark Metal/Dark Multiverse/Perpetua stuff seems less like a story and more like a mechanism to eventually do another universe reboot. But I'm tired of waiting for it and Doomsday Clock to go somewhere.

I think the roster being reminiscent of the cartoon and times past are easily the best parts. The premiere issue of the run had beautiful art and good banter. Beyond that, it is the hardest of no's for me. It is like bad fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    A definite Hell Yeah from me, its far better then Hitch's run
    By that standard almost any run would be a "Hell Yeah."

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It is like bad fanfiction.
    QFT man! 10 char
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It is like bad fanfiction.
    QFT man! 10 char
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I enjoy it. It’s not the best book on the stands, but I enjoy it more than Aaron’s Avengers.

I’m more interested in who will replace him come February. We should be getting the solicits here shortly.

When did Kendra get her metal wings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    When did Kendra get her metal wings?
    In the Metal event.

BANNED

If his run is ending in February then he can improve it with a spectacular ending, but I think it's too late to turn this thing around. It's quite the clunker of a JL run. I disliked it since the first issue. It had some pretty glaring craft problems, like slamming readers with way too much text, and way too much exposition and explanation upfront, the old telling instead of showing, and then not telling enough when needed, like when he destroyed the moon and it was pretty vague as to what happened. There were other problems, too. Despite his name and reputation, that didn't seem like the work of a particularly good writer to me.

BANNED

Going along with what I said above, I just had a thought. It's ironic to me that THIS is the guy who wants to teach people how to write. Someone needs to teach HIM how to write. It wasn't just that his ideas were dumb, and he was trying too hard, he actually displayed poor craft at writing.

I've been reading it, but I can't say I'm excited by it.

It's a BIG story and that's cool, but the moments between characters don't feel grandiose or poignant or epic given the heroes and villains involved and their relationships to one another and Perpetua and her boys.