Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah

34 46.58%
  • Nah

39 53.42%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I adore it. It's big and dumb and fun as hell.

I usually channel surf with the League and just hop in when a story seems like my vibe, but I've been picking Synder's JL up religiously.

BANNED

I thought Morrison's injustice arc where he brought all the toys and threw them at each other had a strong beginning but began to get weighed down and lost in the latter half and ultimately was a meandering storyline which hit the right spots in parts. Snyder is also seemingly on the same path.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Nay for me. I tried to like JL, I really did, but it just fell flat and I dropped the book after six issues.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Tied it up with nah, 22 a piece.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Compared with Bryan Hitch, this receives a "Hell Yeah" from me.
    The lineup is what sold me on this run. The characters are about all I need.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I found it got real old, real fast.
    Not my cup of tea.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

It's got the JSA.

I understand all the criticism the run has gotten, and I get it.

But it's got the JSA. So, Hell Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    It's got the JSA.

I understand all the criticism the run has gotten, and I get it.

But it's got the JSA. So, Hell Yeah.
    Yes! I’ll read anything with the JSA.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

This is a really bad look for this book. It would be something if just a large percentage of the people taking this poll don't like the book, but the majority of them? That's REALLY bad. Well, it's probably too late to course correct, but if I was DC, I wouldn't have Snyder involved in any Crisis thing. If he can't do the Justice League justice, I doubt he'll be able to handle something like that effectively.

Then again, it seems to me that these comics fans, which I don't really relate to (I know that sounds snooty but I really don't) are less interested in the quality of these events and more interested in how they adjust the status quo and the portrayal of their favorite characters, so he MAY be able to get away with it based on that.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-25-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Lmao if you polled people here on the BWLs I’m sure the majority would say they hate him. But he sells well, or at least his mini did. The CBR forums is just a tiny slice of the fandom. And people here didn’t like Johns, or Hitch, or Priest, so frankly it’s impossible to “course correct”. Who exactly is going to take over JL and deliver better sales with more acclaim than Snyder?
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-25-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the double shipping was what really hurt this book the most. There's not a single arc that doesn't feel like it's at least an issue or two too long and several issues that feel like treading water. As a result, when something huge actually does happen, it feels muted because it's wedged between issues that feel like filler.

It doesn't help that it feels like Snyder completely squandered his cast, with John Stewart, Hawkgirl & J'Onn really coming off as bland and uninteresting while Flash is written like the animated Wally West from JLU and the Trinity are given the lion's share of the attention, but without anything substantial happening with them.

And then there's Aquaman, who Snyder seems to be taking for granted that the audience thinks is much cooler than the average comic fan does, Mamoa be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao if you polled people here on the BWLs I’m sure the majority would say they hate him. But he sells well, or at least his mini did. The CBR forums is just a tiny slice of the fandom.
    Absolutely. CBR is a very particular subset of comic fans that sometimes share the same opinion of the average comics buyer, but, in many ways, bears no resemblance to them in many other ways. For instance, The Flash comic sells pretty well, yet you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone here who wants to talk about it unless it relates to Wally West being screwed over by Didio.

Not that I have much interest in talking about the Flash comic either...

Always Rakzo

Johns was most definitely better received in the long term around here.

Snyder pretty much has the reverse effect.

These polls might represent a little part of the fandom but it's still a representation of it since actual good books tend to get good reception from here. Also, the "it sells so it's good!" argument doesn't hold much water in an universe where Michael Bay continues to make movies.

I am firmly in the middle on this one. I like the big ideas and overall approach.
    But I also felt like early on it was too many ideas and just throwing things at the wall to see what stuck.

Didn't like:
    -Underutilization of Mera and Starman
    -Underdeveloped Perpetua

Grew on me:
    -Jarro. Hated at first, but the sheer absurdity of Jarro as a member grew to be a favorite.

Loved:
    -Expansive use of the DCU history and multiverse, especially the JSA and JL-One-Million

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I am firmly in the middle on this one. I like the big ideas and overall approach.
    But I also felt like early on it was too many ideas and just throwing things at the wall to see what stuck.
    I'm in the same boat, so I couldn't vote in the poll. I neither love Snyder's Justice League, nor hate it. It's been a mixed bag.