Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's up with Nocturna these days?

Just curious...
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Incredible Member

Nocturna, whom New 52 used inspiration from the rejected Paul Dini Batman Animated Series script and decided to make her into a vampire, Last seen, messing up with Batwoman, New 52 but pre-Rebirth.

Meaning, I do not know how much of the New 52 "continuity" stuck Rebirth - beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    and decided to make her into a vampire,
    Well at least they didn't go for the obvious
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Hopefully rotting in Arkham with her teeth still kicked out.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I loved the Detective Comics COIE tie-ins that featured Nocturna

Spectacular Member

I wonder if she's being considered to be adapted into the CW Batwoman show.

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    I wonder if she's being considered to be adapted into the CW Batwoman show.
    For now, they've said they're staying away from supernatural things. Maybe next season.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Just curious...
    All I know about her, is that she was a surrogate mother to Jason Todd way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    All I know about her, is that she was a surrogate mother to Jason Todd way back when.
    She was a thief, as far as I recall, with a somewhat tragic backstory. Not a burglar like Selina. And that she was some astronomer? I may be remembering wrong. I can see them turning her a vampire but, eh, not very original. I prefered the take they gave her with pre-COIE Jason.

When she inevitably returns, they need to retcon everything that happened between her and Batwoman.

Attachment 88598

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    When she inevitably returns, they need to retcon everything that happened between her and Batwoman.

Attachment 88598
    Why so ? Vampires and rape or at least the sexual act have been linked for a long time now.

Incredible Member

I’ve never really cared for Nocturna. Not sure why. She just always seemed bland. Nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Why so ? Vampires and rape or at least the sexual act have been linked for a long time now.
    How about having her NOT be a vampire in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    How about having her NOT be a vampire in the first place?
    Maybe Nocturna could be mentally ill and just think she is a vampire. Perhaps even have a dental defect that gives her the appearance of fangs. Alice is inspired by Alice in Wonderland. Perhaps Nocturna could
    have been inspired by Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe Nocturna could be mentally ill and just think she is a vampire. Perhaps even have a dental defect that gives her the appearance of fangs. Alice is inspired by Alice in Wonderland. Perhaps Nocturna could
    have been inspired by Dracula.
    There's a famous literature work with a female vampire: Carmilla.

I, too, prefer her as a human. I'm not really excited with the idea or her as a Vampire. I've grown tired of vampires as a whole long ago, mostly because I rarely find an original and fresh, good story featuring them. Or, well, at least, I rarely do (I can think of three or four in the last 5-10 years).