Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Force Works Returns In New Series and Rescue Gets Solo Series!

90s "rad" wca team force works is coming back! Also looks like pepper is getting a solo series (not sure if it's a limited series or ongoing) as rescue!

So with force works back will secret defenders and clandestine follow?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

That checklist makes it clear - these are all just minis. Therefore, I don't expect Force Works to be the classic team. Instead, I'm expecting it to be the heroes involved in the current arc of Iron Man: War Machine, Wasp, Vision, Wonder Man.

And in answer to your other question, no. Secret Defenders isn't coming back as far as we know, and I don't even know what you mean by Clandestine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah figured it was mini series. Still nice to see them get a spotlight.

And in answer to your other question, no. Secret Defenders isn't coming back as far as we know, and I don't even know what you mean by Clandestine.
    You missed a fun 90s series. It's in trades.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I never understood the significance of the name “force works.”

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    If I had to guess (I never thought that deeply on it) is that if work is defined by force then it's the "force force" so maybe a cutesy way of using 90's naming conventions. Alternatively it could be Work Force, but Force Works just sounds better since it's an Iron man team who used Stark's labs as a base.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Yeah, bear in mind, the WCA book was renamed to match the Iron Man cartoon. So the reasoning for the naming is probably toyline driven.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

"Force Works" was also a punny title because it can be read as the name of the team, but also a statement that force is effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That checklist makes it clear - these are all just minis. Therefore, I don't expect Force Works to be the classic team. Instead, I'm expecting it to be the heroes involved in the current arc of Iron Man: War Machine, Wasp, Vision, Wonder Man.
    I know the title is meaningless, but Marvel's refusal to use the Scarlet Witch in anything will stick out even more when she's absent from a revival of the book which was originally mostly about her. Sigh.

And I suppose you think the same about Wonder Man not making an appearance (though he was mentioned) in Kelly Thompson's recent West Coast Avengers? He was a big part of WCA - only to be killed off in Force Works #1.

Extraordinary Member

And I suppose you think the same about Wonder Man not making an appearance (though he was mentioned) in Kelly Thompson's recent West Coast Avengers? He was a big part of WCA - only to be killed off in Force Works #1.
    Wonder Man is being used, though. Wanda hasn't been in anything for months and I was hoping "Force Works" would finally have a role for her, but I doubt it will.

Anyway West Coast Avengers means many different teams, while Force Works flopped, so when I hear the name I think of the original lineup. That's what comes of being a failed team.

I read the original series because Scarlet Witch was in it. I won't read this one if she is left out.

Marvel Comics to Launch Force Works, Machine Man, Rescue, Weapon.Exe and Ironheart For Iron Man 2020
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...iron-man-2020/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-22-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Perhaps you've heard of Lockheed's World War II Skunk Works project? Marvel simply swapped out "skunk" with "force." It wouldn't be the first time that Marvel borrowed from Lockheed. (See the X-Men's SR71 Blackbird.) These days the term skunkworks applies to just about any extreme innovation project conducted by a small coterie of experts.

The new team.

War machine, us agent, quake, and mockingbird.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-21-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The new team.

War machine, us agent, quack, and mockingbird.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quack?? It has Quack in it??

Quake's definitely out of place there. No connection to Iron Man or the original WCA/Force Works. This is the third time Rosenberg has written her though - someone's playing favourites...

Extraordinary Member

Quake's definitely out of place there. No connection to Iron Man or the original WCA/Force Works. This is the third time Rosenberg has written her though - someone's playing favourites...
    Looks more like they are putting people together who don't mind getting their hands bloody...I mean dirty.