Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, Hawkman and Hawkgirl Kendra Saunders, Carter relationship with Kendra is so toxic for both, better pairing him with Shayera

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its another instance of it being said it was something people hated about a change to Superman, but it barely registered in any practical application of evidence. Outside of the concepts fans complaining and that will always happen . It of course has fans so they'd voice their displeasure, just like with any other idea. And I respect that, I do the same thing with things I don't like. I hate this 5G stuff upcoming but if it doesn't ruin the line, Beyond my distaste I won't be able to say the changes have any proof of rejection. But again its not at all something only the New 52 utilized. Lots of other media adaptations since the marriage first became a thing in the comics all the way up to today have worked without the marriage, just a strong connection, and its quite fine. Heck, the DCAU Death of Superman film, which was a hit, didn't even have the two engaged in this incarnation, much less married. But it hasn't occurred yet and it hasn't been a source of applied angst. Can even go as far back as to the old TAS, where they were not married or engaged. That worked out okay.
    The evidence that people didn't like the marriage being erased is, well, the automatic negative response (there were articles written up about the move) and the fact that the marriage is back and they've erased their time apart.

And the example of the Death of Superman is kind of missing the mark. They weren't even married in the original story. Engaged, but not married. They even split up for a time after that. However, the animated movies still showed them as a couple, in a full-fledged and serious romantic relationship. That's the point. Regardless of whether they are married, its now become the iconic status quo that Lois and Clark are at least in a relationship with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Thank You!!!
    Please explain to me why you don't like Batman and Catwoman? Their relationship was central to the first Batman comic I read as a kid

A lot of people don't like the relationship as Tom King writes it. And it admittedly is very weird.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ollie and Dinah, they've both developed in different directions and there's no reason to keep bringing them back together.

Couples who should never be broken up: Ralph and Sue, Lois and Clark.

I guess Oliver and Dinah. Garth and Lilith too if that's still a thing.

I'm surprised that people are saying Ollie and Dinah. If I recall, people were quite upset when they weren't together in the New 52. I, personally, was very happy and excited about them getting back together in Rebirth.

To be on topic, if I had to pick a couple I would be Ok with breaking up I don't think I would pick anyone. I love all (I can think of) of DCs most iconic couples and their complicated relationships.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 10-23-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Bat...Cat...
    Preferably before they spawn a new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I'm surprised that people are saying Ollie and Dinah. If I recall, people were quite upset when they weren't together in the New 52. I, personally, was very happy and excited about them getting back together in Rebirth.
    Was it more that their history was erased in the New 52? (I don't actually remember what their status was in the reboot.) I like them having a relationship in the past that they've both amicably moved on from.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Was it more that their history was erased in the New 52? (I don't actually remember what their status was in the reboot.) I like them having a relationship in the past that they've both amicably moved on from.
    I remember there being a decent amount of internet buzz regarding Dinah and Ollie's rekindled love in Rebirth or lack thereof in the New 52:

https://www.inverse.com/article/2633...omance-rebirth
    https://screenrant.com/green-arrow-b...comic-romance/
    https://www.cbr.com/percy-reintroduc...ry-in-rebirth/

If people don't like them being in a relationship that's totally fine and I think I can understand why. I also acknowledge them being in a relationship as probably being more rooted in history of the characters and nostalgia rather than it being good for them as individuals. But I was surprised that they were mentioned a few times already in this thread, because I, personally, do not think of their relationship as being toxic or necessarily detrimental to them either.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 10-23-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Batman and Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Existence

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Harley Quinn and Existence
    I second this. Harley and existence should have split by now. Where is the big blue naked guy when you need him?

Somehow turns into another Harley bashing thread....

Anyway I think Clark and Lois and Diana and Steve both have been run into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    The evidence that people didn't like the marriage being erased is, well, the automatic negative response (there were articles written up about the move) and the fact that the marriage is back and they've erased their time apart.
    Of course there was automatic negative backlash, there are fans of the marriage and fans will complain - doesn't mean all fans are hung up on the marriage, just that a certain segment is and got vocal about it. And the fact the marriage is back is also not proof of anything at all. Yes some people didn't like the marriage being erased, but some people did, and honestly it's not like we have concrete numbers on which is the greater faction. Could be that the greater portion of the fandom just want them to be close but couldn't care less about their actual marital status, we don't know.

Basically, there's no reason for you or me to assume that our assumptions are the correct ones, and your evidence is just more of an echo chamber of a certain part of the fandom.