Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Bruce Wayne Revealed in New "Batman V Superman" Footage

Unofficial behind-the-scenes footage of "Batman V Superman" shows Bruce Wayne's new look as he rushes to save civilians.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

A lot of places are speculating that Batman will be in his 50's... really?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    A lot of places are speculating that Batman will be in his 50's... really?
    Judging by the leaked footage from Comic Con and the Bat-armor Bruce is wearing in that, it seems they will be taking elements from The Dark Knight Returns.

Incredible Member

Ben Affleck is near or at 50+ so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Ben Affleck is near or at 50+ so yeah.
    Ben Affleck still has a ways to go before he is 50+ seeing as he is only 41.

No way is the DCCU Batman going to be 50. Just like how Rises took things from the dark knight returns batman v superman is doing the same thing.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    No way is the DCCU Batman going to be 50. Just like how Rises took things from the dark knight returns batman v superman is doing the same thing.
    Like how MCU took things from Ultimate Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Well, from the start of this thing, they've been saying it's "an older Bruce Wayne." And in the pictures I've seen so far, it looks like his hair on the sides is pretty gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    Well, from the start of this thing, they've been saying it's "an older Bruce Wayne." And in the pictures I've seen so far, it looks like his hair on the sides is pretty gray.
    You are absolutely correct that they have been saying from the start that Ben will be playing "an older Bruce Wayne". But just because he has gray doesn't mean he is going to be playing a 50+ geriatric Batman. I know plenty of people in their 30s who are pretty gray. Hard living takes its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    You are absolutely correct that they have been saying from the start that Ben will be playing "an older Bruce Wayne". But just because he has gray doesn't mean he is going to be playing a 50+ geriatric Batman. I know plenty of people in their 30s who are pretty gray. Hard living takes its toll.
    While I don't think he's going to be geriatric by any stretch of the imagination everything they've said points to us having an older Bruce Wayne than we're used to. I see 40's or so for the character.

BANNED

I agree that I don't think he'll be 50, but I always have thought the idea of an "older Batman" was a bad idea as it kind of paints you into the corner for any future sequels or movies until another reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    While I don't think he's going to be geriatric by any stretch of the imagination everything they've said points to us having an older Bruce Wayne than we're used to. I see 40's or so for the character.
    All right you caught me. I may have been exaggerating, slightly. I just find it interesting how so many are now taking it as fact that BvSoJ is a direct adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns ever since they showed the comic-con teaser.

Obviously there will be borrowed elements form the story and designs but it could never be a direct adaptation. It would just make for a terrible Justice League starting off point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    I agree that I don't think he'll be 50, but I always have thought the idea of an "older Batman" was a bad idea as it kind of paints you into the corner for any future sequels or movies until another reboot.
    Well, just like with the comics, I would assume the characters would be eternally stuck around the same ages they were introduced as. Unless of course the movies specifically tell us otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    All right you caught me. I may have been exaggerating, slightly. I just find it interesting how so many are now taking it as fact that BvSoJ is a direct adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns ever since they showed the comic-con teaser.
    Wow that's an interesting auto correct. It should have read BvS: DoJ

Batman could be on his 50's for BvS but his solo movies could be prequels.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Batman could be on his 50's for BvS but his solo movies could be prequels.
    Or they could be setting up for Nightwing.