Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If you ask me, every season of Marvel Netflix could have done with losing at least three episodes.
    very True.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Daredevil = Two godly seasons, one ehhhhhh season
    Luke Cage = Two godly seasons
    Jessica Jones = Three godly seasons
    Iron Fist = One godly season, one "you okay, babe?" season
    Defenders = Okay
    Season 2 of Daredevil is honestly still much better than those supposedly "godly" seasons of Iron Fist and Luke Cage tbh.

Yeah, wasn't it a surprise that Iron Fist even got a second season? I don't have Netflix so haven't watched it, but I certainly remember reading lots of negativity about that series. Seems like it wasn't most people's favourite.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Season 2 of Daredevil is honestly still much better than those supposedly "godly" seasons of Iron Fist and Luke Cage tbh.
    As Adam and Eve walked into the garden, a serpent appeared. It came to them and presented two choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto
    Hssss... You have two choicessss... Take the apple on the right, and you will get Shadessssss, Misssssty, Bushmassssster, and sssssexy Ward... Take the apple on the left, and you will get MCU Elektra, and generic ninjassss led by the guy who already died in Sssseason 1 that we're sssssupposed to pretend is sssstill threatening even though we won't even try to build him back up again.
    Adam took the apple on the left, and let Eve take the first bite. And that is the origin of original sin.

also i always forget punisher those were really good too
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Agreed, the Netflix run had three great seasons - one JJ and the bookends of Daredevil. Punisher's seasons were solid. Mostly everything else ranged from "meh" to "eye gouging". The Gifted sucked. Legion had one good season, etc.

I don't think Loeb should get all the blame, but his oversight has hardly lead to much of a track record to be proud of.

I know people think killing Cottonmouth was a mistake and Diamondback lacked gravitas, but honestly, I loved Diamondback. Dude chewed scenery like nobody else, and I love me a hammy villain.

Season 2 of Daredevil... I think everything in that with Elektra, the Hand, the Chaste, etc, was genuinely terrible. Just... not good at all. And not even not good in a fun way. Defenders at least had some of that.

Fantastic Member

I have mixed feelings about this. He gave us Daredevil and Jessica Jones; he also canceled Avengers: EMH.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. I guess it depends on what comes next.

I wish him well in his future endeavors, but I'm also okay with some new direction when it comes to Marvel T.V.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Honestly, I always felt like the Daredevil show reminded me more of early 2000s superhero adaptations where they tried to distance themselves from being superhero stories. Obviously that vibe is perfect for Jessica Jones. Luke Cage was actually surprisingly onboard with embracing the cheesier elements of the character. But Daredevil always kinda seemed a little embarrassed to be a Daredevil show. They were to shy about having him in costume and way too shy about having the name "Daredevil" actually get used. It contrasted really strangely with the general MCU attitude of embracing the superhero genre without shame.

Ultimate Member

Although according to reports Loeb had already planned to leave, i doubt Marvel TV will continue in its current form.

With Feige taking over the entire enterprise, I suspect a lot of current tv and/or planned projects will be canned in favor of stuff that connects directly to the MCU.

Amazing Member

After he killed my ultimate universe I could care less if he come or go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    After he killed my ultimate universe I could care less if he come or go.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. All these years later and Ultimates III/Ultimatum still hurts...
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Main problem of Daredevil was insisting on calling him The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, like that isn't a freaking mouthful and way more embarrassing. Then they let that go in season 3, which was pretty great, but would be above most Marvel series if it was just those sweet minutes of fight between Matt, Dex and Fisk. Matt screaming on Fisk's face is the definition of catharses.

I still need to see the other seasons of JJ and Luke Cage and will never touch Iron Fist's season 2. Hope whatever is Loeb's next endeavors, he makes better decisions than hiring people like Scott Buck.

I think it's time. Loeb's time with Marvel TV has been mixed, but let's not take away from what he accomplished. We have shows like Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD because of him. And those shows definitely had their moments.

But lately, Marvel TV just hasn't been that compelling. It feels like it's been years since Loeb was behind a certified hit. With all the recent shake-ups at Marvel and Disney, he has just fallen behind. And I think Marvel TV will benefit more by having more links to the MCU than trying to exist as its own thing. With Feige running the show, it's probably best that Loeb move on.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Marvel animation hasn’t been the same since Avengers EMH. I liked the continuity between the shows but it was never as good as EMH.

The Marvel tv shows are hit and miss. Also they felt like they just didn’t matter in the greater scheme of things. If the Defenders had shown up in Endgame, it would have been a huge payoff, IMO.