Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A %#$$@@#@ Fistful of Dragonfire! - Pyro Appreciation 2019

Our Aussie boi is back!

Pyro.jpg

This thread is dedicated to St. John Allerdyce, aka Pyro!

What are your favorite Pyro stories?

What do you hope to see with Pyro in the future?

Where will the Marauders series take this beloved X-Men villain?

Let's discuss!

Yes, come through Pyro. Loved him trying to steal the boat but falling asleep instead. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes, come through Pyro. Loved him trying to steal the boat but falling asleep instead. lol
    I'm just confused why he wasn't spending time with his boy toy Avalanche. If Pyro was one of the first mutants "experimented on" for resurrection, Avalanche can't be far off as well. If they even acknowledge that lame ass "death" of his, which I'd prefer if they didn't. Just sweep it under the rug like they did with Pyro's appearances in Iceman.

I still hear Robin Atkin Downes' glorious Pyro laugh in my dreams.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Pyro says “mutant rights!”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm just confused why he wasn't spending time with his boy toy Avalanche. If Pyro was one of the first mutants "experimented on" for resurrection, Avalanche can't be far off as well. If they even acknowledge that lame ass "death" of his, which I'd prefer if they didn't. Just sweep it under the rug like they did with Pyro's appearances in Iceman.
    No idea, but i'm glad he is here in this book. Maybe we will see Avalanche later.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It’s kinda odd that Marauders ignores the fact that Pyro has been back for a while now, having appeared both in Iceman and Weapon X and acted like he was just recently revived.

I want Avalanche to have a pirate gay bar in Hellfire bay. I need it.

I never really thought much of Pyro but he was genuinely fun and endearing in this first issue so I’m glad he’ll be sticking around. I wonder whether this means Simon Lasker will just fade from existence though (not that it’d be much of a loss). Also, Pyro isn’t canon LGBTQ+, is he? I thought the subtext in his original appearances was meant to represent him as a “limey” kinda Brit (before the Australian background was established).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s kinda odd that Marauders ignores the fact that Pyro has been back for a while now, having appeared both in Iceman and Weapon X and acted like he was just recently revived.
    Two different characters.

The Pyro in Marauders is Pyro I (original), an Austrailian > St. John Allerdyce > https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/St._J...ce_(Earth-616)

The Pyro in Iceman is Pyro II (new/2nd), an American > Simon Lasker > https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Simon_Lasker_(Earth-616)

This thread is technically about original Pyro St. John Allerdyce who may have been in a relationship with his friend Avalanche of Mystique's Brotherhood era.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Iconic

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Two different characters.

The Pyro in Marauders is Pyro I (original), an Austrailian > St. John Allerdyce > https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/St._J...ce_(Earth-616)

The Pyro in Iceman is Pyro II (new/2nd), an American > Simon Lasker > https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Simon_Lasker_(Earth-616)

This thread is technically about original Pyro St. John Allerdyce who may have been in a relationship with his friend Avalanche of Mystique's Brotherhood era.
    The scans I posted are from the Iceman series. That’s all OG Pyro, this too:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Pyro says “mutant rights!”
    God, I'm fine with Iceman bein' gay and all (though I 100% believe he should've been bi, not full on gay), but did he really have to wear that outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I want Avalanche to have a pirate gay bar in Hellfire bay. I need it.
    I need it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I never really thought much of Pyro but he was genuinely fun and endearing in this first issue so I’m glad he’ll be sticking around. I wonder whether this means Simon Lasker will just fade from existence though (not that it’d be much of a loss). Also, Pyro isn’t canon LGBTQ+, is he? I thought the subtext in his original appearances was meant to represent him as a “limey” kinda Brit (before the Australian background was established).
    John Byrne always intended Pyro to be gay, but his sexuality has never really been explored. He has never had a female love interest as far as I know (though I was always sorta rooting for him to hook up with Phantazia in the 90's).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    maybe he was. So many characters died during Rosenberg's run. Maybe we are to assumed he died during that era

BANNED

This was more of a Destiny moment, but still we got to see how ruthless Pyro can be, and I guess Destiny is like a surrogate mother to him. Maybe Mystique isn’t the only one who wants Irene back.