View Poll Results: What Should Be Revived?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ADVENTURE COMICS

11 61.11%
  • ALL-STAR COMICS

6 33.33%
  • HOUSE OF MYSTERY

7 38.89%
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA

1 5.56%
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA

7 38.89%
  • LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES

8 44.44%
  • MORE FUN COMICS

5 27.78%
  • SENSATION COMICS

5 27.78%
  • SHOWCASE

10 55.56%
  • SUPERBOY

6 33.33%
  • SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN

1 5.56%
  • THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

7 38.89%
  • WORLD'S FINEST COMICS

9 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default The 100 Issue Club--What Should Be Brought Back? FINAL ROUND!

OK these are the final 13 based on your votes (in alphabetical order). Every one of these titles reached 100 issues or more at some point in DC history and do not currently exist (as ongoing titles). Which of these do you think should be revived and why? What would you like to see as ongoings and what would they look like? Who would be featured? (Note: in the event that a particular title changed names at some point I went with the one that lasted the longest.)

Retired

I tried not to vote for too many, so I wouldn't water down my vote. I figure that most of these have a good chance of being revived (although if they'll follow the old numbering is a question) and other posters are likely to vote for them, so I voted for my underdogs. However, I did vote for ADVENTURE COMICS (a.k.a. NEW COMICS) which seems the clear winner thus far and not an underdog.

I did vote for SUPERBOY, but with the understanding it's the 1949 SUPERBOY. Also, I picked WORLD'S FINEST COMICS because, while we'll always have Batman/Superman comics, whether that title will get revived is uncertain. I voted for HOUSE OF MYSTERY because I want to see all those old anthologies come back. And MORE FUN COMICS (a.k.a. NEW FUN) because it was the very first.

I couldn't manage to hold back and voted for everything I voted for in other rounds. MORE FUN & ADVENTURE, as DC's two original titles, should both come back as anthology titles (whatever that means now). Maybe 3 features each? MORE FUN could star some of the...er...more fun characters and features. ADVENTURE, whoever among the bigger characters that can't carry their own books. HOUSE OF MYSTERY could be a Justice League Dark book, either as a group or solos. ALL-STAR should feature the JSA and backups with JSA solos. THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD a team-up book (though not Batman-specific). WORLD'S FINEST the resident Superman-Batman team-up book. SENSATION a second Wonder Woman title. SHOWCASE a tryout book, as it always was. And JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA and LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES because they both should always have their own titles.

I'd use legacy numbering for all of them.

Retired

I would want HOUSE OF MYSTERY to come back as a horror anthology, like it was in the 1970s, where Cain and Abel introduced the stories. All the resident talent under contract with the publisher would have a place to flex their talent and try out novel ideas.

The Legion could be the lead feature in ADVENTURE COMICS, while the back-up spot(s) would go to a round-robin of different features--as was done in ACTION COMICS WEEKLY and SHOWCASE '93/SHOWCASE '94. Do the same for MORE FUN COMICS, but with funny stuff, maybe giving Plastic Man the lead position.

Given SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN became THE SUPERMAN FAMILY, maybe the latter title should be the one revived--as it would allow assorted characters to be featured.

Like I said in the previous thread, Wonder Woman should be on parity with Batman and Superman, and that means Sensation should be revived.

It's daft that there's no Justice League book so Justice League of America got a vote - though it doesn't have to be called that. JLA, just Justice League, just have some sort of JL title.

Adventure should be an anthology, using either Superboy or Supergirl (if they don't have self titled books) as the anchor since they've led the book before, and various other heroes as the two backups.

Superboy got a vote as well... Conner should definitely have a solo feature whether it's in his own book or elsewhere.

Showcase can be used to try out characters before spinning them off into their own books, much like some of the backups in books like Action currently do.

And let's have another Legion series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In the lead so far is ADVENTURE COMICS. What would those of you who voted for it (and those who didn't) like to see done with it?

Retired

My vote for SUPERBOY relies on it being a continuation of the 1949 SUPERBOY, and other titles like that which were about the young Clark Kent. This is probably pie-in-the-sky and it's more likely one of the other young Supermen would get such a title--in which case ADVENTURE COMICS would be young Clark's refuge, either in solo Smallville stories or in stories of his adventures with the Legion of Super-Heroes.

At the same time, I didn't vote for LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES because that seemed to be a continuation of the 1989 title and/or the subsequent reboots. If they were relaunching the previous LEGION titles, that would be fine with me. And the retrobooted 2010 LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES is closer to my kind of Legion--and that had ADVENTURE COMICS as a companion title.

ADVENTURE COMICS still leads, with a 3-way tie for second: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, SHOWCASE and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS!

Ultimate Member

I clicked too fast and didn't realize I could vote for more than one, but I'm okay with only voting for the Legion of Super-Heroes.

But I totally would have voted for the other leaders, particularly Showcase, since it so often provided a venue for various heroes who didn't have a title or team of their own.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I went with House of Mystery, Superboy (for my boy Kon!) and Showcase, as I like the idea of a DC based anthology that could always throw out the next big new character.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

ADVENTURE COMICS still leads, with SHOWCASE in second place. LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS tie for third.

Then we have a 4-way tie for fourth place:
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, SUPERBOY and THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.

Retired

I didn't bother voting for JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, because I figure the Justice League will alway get their own title and it's inevitable they will do a renumbering to claim 1000. But I really prefer it to be JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA. I didn't always feel that way, but I've become sentimental and I like all the "OF" names for groups: Legion of Super-Heroes, Justice Society of America, Challengers of the Unknown, Seven Soldiers of Victory, Guardians of the Universe, Birds of Prey, Secret Society of Super-Villains, Legion of Doom.

1st...ADVENTURE COMICS
    2nd...SHOWCASE
    3rd...LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, WORLD'S FINEST COMICS (Tie)
    4th...ALL-STAR COMICS, HOUSE OF MYSTERY, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, SUPERBOY, THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD (Tie)
    5th...MORE FUN COMICS, SENSATION COMICS (Tie)

Any more votes? We have some ties to break for a cleaner ranking. Vote for as many as you like!

Update!

1st...ADVENTURE COMICS
    2nd...SHOWCASE
    3rd...WORLD'S FINEST COMICS
    4th...LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
    5th...HOUSE OF MYSTERY, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD (Tie)
    6th...ALL-STAR COMICS, SUPERBOY (Tie)
    7th...MORE FUN COMICS, SENSATION COMICS (Tie)