Extraordinary Member

Default City Boy #3 Preview

City Boy #3 Preview
    Writer: Greg Pak
    Artist: Minkyu Jung

Greg Pak finally writes Superman again!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Greg Pak finally writes Superman again!
    So great to see. I loved his Superman run.

Hah, Supes hears “fire pits” and he immediately knows what’s up.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

All the Metropolis dragon stuff looks awesome. Esp Superman eventually going the “let’s talk it out” route after the initial beat down.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Pak can still write a great Superman, it’s a very different take from his hot head young Supes but good all the same. Looks like the plot for the next three issues is Kim tracking down his mom. Since Themyscaria was mentioned I wonder if they’ll actually have his mom be an Amazon?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pak can still write a great Superman, it’s a very different take from his hot head young Supes but good all the same. Looks like the plot for the next three issues is Kim tracking down his mom. Since Themyscaria was mentioned I wonder if they’ll actually have his mom be an Amazon?
    I can only imagine what it's like speaking to Themyscira .

It was a decent issue.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-01-2023 at 12:52 PM.

That was the most centered Superman I’ve read in a while. Kal El, the Zen Master.

Pak did great young Superman and surprise, surprise he did a great grown up/mature Superman. I hope that he somehow manages to continue writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To me it felt like Pak just name dropping major cities/places where Kim could go, but you never know.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Really enjoyed this issue, Superman was great. I loved when he said to the dragon, "Hey friend. You're Metropolis aren't you?"

I also really like the relationship Cameron has with his friend Fujimoto and loved how he left the dragon with him at the conclusion.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm really enjoying the series so far, but I kinda wish he kept the dragon .