Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Is this World's Finest? I remember another scene with Dinah topless, though with her hair covering her nipples, ya know, like a mermaid.
    In comics, hair naturally falls over the (female) nipples. Its a law of physics

I remember Grell drawing a very explicit sex scene between Dinah and Ollie when they were trying to conceiver.

In terms of publication history, who were the 'firsts' of the popular heroes? I think for Bruce, the first time we saw it on panel was him and Silver. For Dick it would have to be Kory. For Ollie it was probably Dinah. For Clark, Lois.

Incredible Member

Well, here's what I have so far for the milestones.

1974 Superboy #201 - Dream Girl wakes up in bed, and there is something next to her, clearly a hidden Star Boy.
    1976 Superman #297 - Clark & Lois have a romantic night. The next morning Lois is wearing the same dress as the day before.
    1978 World’s Finest #250 - Ollie & Dinah are shown wearing wearing bathrobes post-coitus.
    1984 The New Teen Titans v2 #1 - Dick & Kory are shown naked in bed together.

It's also interesting what was accepted back in the day. The act of sexual intercourse was taboo, but cheesecake art and total objectication of women was totally okay. Just look at that image of Dream Girl on page 2. On Star Trek, they had to slyly suggest that Captain Kirk had sex twice, but the women on each planet were always in bikinis!
    Also, before any of the above mentioned dates, in 1970, the Black Canary was kidnapped by the Penguin and stripped down to her underwear, basically just to be eye candy.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 11-08-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Incredible Member

I'd still be interested in finding Batman and other "player" characters were first shown.

The consensus seems to be that Batman was first with Silver, but when was this first shown? How about Hal?

Also, if Wonder Woman ever actually WAS shown doing it with Trevor Barnes, or it was just talked about.

And what is this Swamp Thing/Abby scene that is so memorable that's been mentioned on here.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    I'd still be interested in finding Batman and other "player" characters were first shown.

The consensus seems to be that Batman was first with Silver, but when was this first shown? How about Hal?

Also, if Wonder Woman ever actually WAS shown doing it with Trevor Barnes, or it was just talked about.

And what is this Swamp Thing/Abby scene that is so memorable that's been mentioned on here.
    Swamp Thing #34 written by Moore with art by Steven Bissette. It was a unique way to show intimacy. Abby and Swamp Thing can't physically have sex. So the way they share intimacy is that he invites her to see through his eyes. She eats a fruit ( or sweet potato ) that grows from his body and more or less has a psychedelic experience. It was symbolic way to suggest they were making loving.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Here you go. Adventures of Superman #505. Superman just knocked on Lois's window and let her know that he's come back from being dead. They kiss, and "later"...

Attachment 104394
    It was a nice 'Dallas' reference, too.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I was surprised by this...
    Martian Manhunter: Oh Im so hurt. Make love with me and I'll magically heal.
    RCO005_1469641373.jpg
    RCO006_1469641373.jpg

Incredible Member

Who/when was that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Who/when was that?
    Bette Noir in Martian Manhunter’s 1990s ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I was surprised by this...
    Martian Manhunter: Oh Im so hurt. Make love with me and I'll magically heal.
    RCO005_1469641373.jpg
    RCO006_1469641373.jpg
    Wow, J'onn .

Extraordinary Member

I don't even know what you'd call that thing with Power Girl and Arion...but there was no consent.

Incredible Member

So in another thread I came across this image from Detective Comics #471, which finally answers my question as to when Batman was implied as having sex.

silver1.jpg

So a new reel of highlights would look like...

1974 Superboy #201 - Dream Girl wakes up in bed, and there is something next to her, clearly a hidden Star Boy.
    1976 Superman #297 - Clark & Lois have a romantic night. The next morning Lois is wearing the same dress as the day before.
    1977 Detective Comics #471 - Bruce suggested to have had relations with Silver St. Cloud
    1978 World’s Finest #250 - Ollie & Dinah are shown wearing wearing bathrobes post-coitus.
    1984 The New Teen Titans v2 #1 - Dick & Kory are shown naked in bed together.

Interesting, given their reputations, that Superman was actually first suggested to have gotten some, before Batman. Unless, of course, anyone can uncover an earlier example for Batman.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I know Barry & Iris used to get it on quite a bit, but I'm just too damn lazy to pull out the issues and go hunting.
    It was AFTER they married in #165 which was in 1966. So there's a GOOD chance it will pre-date Superboy #201.

Anyone wanna go digging??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Brian Cronin has done the work for me, but doesn't give an issue number....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkeC1_5W...pg&name=medium
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally and Linda are implied to be very kinky couple bed:

Can't recall if Wally got it on with Tina, Connie or Frances.