Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Since it was never actually shown for obvious reasons we can only use the variations of "implied". It would be stupid to assume i.e. the Dibneys did not do it back in the ... 50ys? 60ys? When Ralph married Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Honestly, Superman has always had a lot of fun in the bedroom since Superman 2 at least. He has very steamy love scenes with Lois in the 90s TV show and in Smallville.

In FOR TOMORROW he sleeps with Lois.. That's 2005.
    As the OP said, after he married

That was between late 90ys and earliest 20ks. To lazy to dig out the wedding album for the exact date though :/

Although now that I think about it there might have been a few times before that too; but probably not before engagement.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Interesting. I wonder which of those is correct.
    World's Finest #250 shows Ollie and Dinah in robes after some offpanel and unquestionably implied bedroom antics.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Interesting. I wonder which of those is correct.

You're right, I was confused. Jimenez created Barnes and was talking about how Diana was going to have sex, while Rucka was the one talking about how Diana would have had a saphic history on Paradise Island.
    Yeah I think I remember Ollie & Dinah being in bed together in World's Finest. Or just getting out of bed and getting dressed.

I also remember Clark & Lois actually naked in bed together in the late 70s. But it was Earth-Two married Clark & Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Yeah I think I remember Ollie & Dinah being in bed together in World's Finest. Or just getting out of bed and getting dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post

As the OP said, after he married

That was between late 90ys and earliest 20ks. To lazy to dig out the wedding album for the exact date though :/

Although now that I think about it there might have been a few times before that too; but probably not before engagement.

Oh I missed that part. Well Superman 2 then, they were not married.

I still can't believe they showed that.. lol

Spectacular Member

In "Wonder Woman" #224 (July, 1976) Diana is shown to be sharing an apartment with Steve Trevor. The issue ends with a panel of them kissing on the couch in said apartment with the implication being things eventually progressed to the bedroom although that's not shown on the page... it was the '70s and "think of the children!" as Aunt Harriet would say. In the last Pre-Crisis issue of WW (#329, Feb. 1986) she and Steve get married and the book ends with them beginning their honeymoon.
    Last edited by The I.A.D.C.; 10-23-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Is this World's Finest? I remember another scene with Dinah topless, though with her hair covering her nipples, ya know, like a mermaid.

DC has also had some pretty awful moments with regards to sex. Like Dick Grayson in Teen Titans being raped and subsequently slut-shamed. And can't forget getting raped by Tarantula, and DC brushing it off.

Amazing Member

Way, way back in the day (the 1970's ), Lois was constantly asking Clark to come over to her place to have Beef Bourguignon for dinner. In some interview somewhere (and I'm sorry, I forget where it was), one of the main writers at the time said that this was an inside joke that she was really asking him over for sex. I don't know if this is true, but I have to admit, beef bourguignon would be a strange dish for that... given it takes hours to make... Or maybe not so strange afterall ).

As for the Dick and Kory scene in NTT vol.2 #1 (Baxter edition), I believe it was called out at the time for yes, having two unmarried "teenagers" in bed together... especially ones who were supposed to be "role models" for their readers (I remember back in the letter pages from those days, there were both pro- and con- letters) but also that they were apparently the first couple shown who were obviously nude in bed together (unlike the scene posted above with Ollie and Dinah in robes). I guess it was just too "on-the-nose" for some people at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Is this World's Finest? I remember another scene with Dinah topless, though with her hair covering her nipples, ya know, like a mermaid.
    Yes, this was the 250th anniversary issue. As a 12-tear-old back then, it made a big impression upon me. As for the implied nudity you mentioned, there seemed to be a little bit more of it (women in their undies, too) every new year during that era. Still, I kept on buying comics for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    DC has also had some pretty awful moments with regards to sex. Like Dick Grayson in Teen Titans being raped and subsequently slut-shamed. And can't forget getting raped by Tarantula, and DC brushing it off.
    Jack Knight was also raped by a woman in Starman, although I think James Robinson handled it more seriously that Dick's rape was handled.

I think the first sex I saw in a DC comic was a scene showing Dick Grayson in bed with Starfire. Probably in Teen Titans.

EDIT: Sorry. Restingvoice beat me to this. And my co-moderator, The Darknight Detective has proven me wrong. In fairness to myself, I never read that issue of World's Finest. Have to pick up a copy at my next convention.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Yeah, so far it sounds like that issue of WF is the record holder for earliest.

One has to wonder when Hal Jordan or Batman, the resident skirt chasers of the DCU, first got it on

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    EDIT: Sorry. Restingvoice beat me to this. And my co-moderator, The Darknight Detective has proven me wrong. In fairness to myself, I never read that issue of World's Finest. Have to pick up a copy at my next convention.
    Not a problem, Sandy. There may be an earlier example that middle-aged me never read.