Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yeah, and while on the subject, in fact, DC Database used to have a page about sexual assault, but has since been deleted. It was saved on the Wayback Machine though. Might as well list here what was listed there and provide the list of referenced issues. It may or may not be 100% correct, but I thought it was at least worth bringing up: https://web.archive.org/web/20190711...Sexual_assault

Female victims:

Arella was raped by the demon Trigon, leading to the conception of their daughter Raven.[1]
    Anne Pasquale was raped her freshman year in college by an unknown man who was never caught. The event caused Anne to become a cop.[2]
    Artemis Her soul ended up in Tartarus after death and there she became a figurative bride or concubine to one of the ruling Princes of Hell, Dalkriig-Hath. Diana had came to her aid, but Artemis accepted her fate. Despite being raped, beaten, and tortured at the hands of her "husband" and possibly other demons, she became accustomed to her "damnation", and adapted quickly.[3]
    Batwoman was raped by Nocturna over a period of many months due to vampiric-hypnosis, and during that time also subjected to repeated acts of emotional and psychological abuse. After Nocturna's deception was revealed by Bette, along with her intent to frame her for murder, the vampire attempted to shift all of the blame on to Kate, claiming it was what her subconscious desired all along. It didn't work.[4]
    Bleez was repeatedly raped by members of the Sinestro Corps after her home planet was overrun, which inspired her with the rage to become a member of the Red Lantern Corps.[5]
    Cellanth was kept as a sex slave by the megalomaniacal Solus.[6]
    Cinder DuBois was raped as a child by Lacey.[7]
    Cora was raped and impregnated by Dardanus and gave birth to her son Kordax.[8]
    Gypsy was raped by Baron Üman von Mauler twice, once when she was fourteen and once when she was nineteen. After the second time, she psychically battles and then kills him.[9]
    Demolitia was raped by a group of thugs after she was found under the rubble of a building.[10]
    Grace Choi ran away from her foster home and was abducted to become an underage sex slave from the ages of 9 to 12. Her abuser was a man named Tanner who held her prisoner until her powers developed.[11]
    Harriet Arkham and her daughter were both brutally raped and murdered by Martin "Mad Dog" Hawkins.[12]
    Hippolyta was drugged, chained and raped by Heracles after he simulated a truce to steal her girdle.[13]
    Judith Benoir was raped by Mathieu Arbogast and died due to injuries.[14]
    Lady Flash was raped by Vandal Savage.[citation needed]
    Starfire was raped by members of the Citadel.[15]
    Mirage was raped and impregnated by Deathwing and gave birth to her daughter Julienne.[16][17]
    Pix was beaten and raped by a gang of street thugs.[18]
    Sue Dibny was revealed to have been brutally raped by Doctor Light during the Identity Crisis storyline.[19]
    The Huntress was kidnapped and raped by a mobster who belongs to a rival family when she was a child.[20]
    The original Silk Spectre was raped by the Comedian in Watchmen.[21]
    Windfall was drugged and passed around by members of a fraternity at her college, who posted pictures online. The local district attorney was father to one of the boys, and he refused to press charges. The school used her past career as a super-villain to justify expelling her, and she ended up on the Suicide Squad.[22]
    Melissa Dugan was sexually assaulted by Lex Luthor out of spite for attempting to end their romantic relationship.[23]

Male victims:

Apollo was raped by The Commander. The rape was followed by a scene of revenge in which it is implied that The Midnighter raped The Commander with a jackhammer.[24]
    Aquaman was raped by Siren who was disguised as his wife, Mera.[25]
    Batman was drugged and raped to conceive a child with Talia al Ghul which she raised in secrecy.[26] This may be a retcon of an earlier story in which their sexual encounter appeared consensual, and took place during marriage.[27]
    Birgit Eisenmann once attempted to rape Batman in the hope of creating a perfect child, although she failed because she couldn't get him to develop an erection.[28]
    Cosmic Boy: Saturn Girl tried to use her telepathic powers to bring Cosmic Boy out of a coma. It appeared that she'd succeeded, but instead she was subconsciously animating and controlling his comatose body; during this period they began dating, and Cos woke up at their wedding. This admittedly was not treated as "okay" so much as it was forgiven because Saturn Girl did it subconsciously, not on purpose.[29]
    Edward Lawton: The son of Deadshot, is implied to have been sexually assaulted prior to being killed by Wes Anselm.[30]
    Green Arrow was raped by Shado while he was delirious with fever, believing her to be his girlfriend Black Canary.[31] This lead to the birth of their son Robert Queen.
    Invisible Man was sodomized to death by Mr. Hyde in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics, as revenge for Griffin assault and attempted rape of Mina Murray.[32]
    John Constantine was raped by Swamp Thing and his wife Abigail when Swamp Thing possessed John's body without his consent in order to conceive their daughter.[33]
    Kyle Rayner was date-raped by Bueno Excellente, who slipped something into his drink. This is only mentioned in passing and he does not remember the incident.[34]
    Mr. Majestic was raped repeatedly by Nemesis while he was in a paralytic state.[35]
    Nightwing has been raped on multiple occasions. Mirage posed as his girlfriend Starfire to deceive him into having sex with her.[36]
    Tarantula pulled his pants down and raped him on top of a building while he was going into shock after the emotional strain of participating in Blockbuster's murder.[37]
    Starman was raped by the villainess Mist II and fathered a child.[38]
    Swamp Thing was raped by an alien entity known as Technis.[39]
    Vril Dox was raped by his L.E.G.I.O.N. teammate Stealth as part of her species' mating habits.[40] This led to the birth of their son.
    Guy Gardner (New Earth) was raped by Vuldarian Empress Karine.[41]

1. Teen Titans (Volume 3) #8
    2. Vigilante #33
    3. Artemis: Requiem (Volume 1)
    4. Batwoman (Volume 2) #40
    5. Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #2
    6. Swamp Thing #21
    7. Cinder and Ashe #2
    8. Atlantis Chronicles #3
    9. Justice League Task Force #24
    10. Action Comics #718
    11. Outsiders (Volume 3) #17
    12. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    13. Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #1
    14. Beware the Creeper (Volume 2) #5
    15. Tales of the New Teen Titans #4
    16. Team Titans #8-10
    17. New Titans #130
    18. Batman: Gotham Knights #34
    19. Identity Crisis #2
    20. Huntress #1
    21. Watchmen #2
    22. Suicide Squad (Volume 3) #5
    23. Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography #1
    24. The Authority #14
    25. Aquaman (Volume 7) #44
    26. Batman #656
    27. Batman: Son of the Demon
    28. Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #24-26
    29. Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #96
    30. Deadshot #3
    31. Green Arrow (Volume 2) #11
    32. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 2) #5
    33. Hellblazer #10
    34. JLA/Hitman #1
    35. Wildcats: World's End #23
    36. New Titans #88-90, Deathstroke the Terminator #14
    37. Nightwing (Volume 2) #93
    38. Starman (Volume 2) #12
    39. Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #60
    40. L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
    41. Hawkman (Volume 3) #23
    They left out that Atmos raped Dream Girl presumably on multiple occasions after using his powers to manipulate her into being his girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ...DC has a bigger problem than I thought. And some of the ones that I know about were basically swept under the rug.

Seriously, what the hell, DC?
    I know right?

It's shocking that stories about heroes versus villains have villains doing villainous things!

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I know right?

It's shocking that stories about heroes versus villains have villains doing villainous things!

A number of those are from so-called heroes doing villainous things to other heroes though. And then brushed aside.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

A number of those are from so-called heroes doing villainous things to other heroes though. And then brushed aside.
    I suspect that Alan Moore, even if it wasn't his intention, helped popularize the idea of so-called heroes committing bad, inhuman acts to others, including heroes, when he wrote Watchmen.

All-New Member

im still waiting for the JLA S.E.X. starring ralph dibny and beatriz dacosta.

I don't recognise most of the names in that list, but the ones I do are practically all villains.

The Comedian was a villain, albeit one sanctioned by the government.

Mr Hyde was a villain who was allied with the good guys.

Saturn Girl's was subconscious.

The Swamp Thing and Abby Holland one was consensual (from what I remember) so not rape.

as far as I can tell, that leaves Stealth raping Vril Dox. I can't remember the details of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post

as far as I can tell, that leaves Stealth raping Vril Dox. I can't remember the details of that one.
    Not familiar with this one but I wouldn't be surprised if it was another case of female-on-male rape that was treated as consensual.

Incredible Member

I'd still be interested to see when Batman was first shown as getting it on. Apparently Silver St. Cloud and him were obviously sleeping together, based on a comment here.

RCO012_1478058885.jpg

From Aquaman of many years ago, from the last text very explicit
    Last edited by Goldrake; 12-30-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    RCO012_1478058885.jpg

From Aquaman of many years ago, from the last text very explicit
    When your jealous of your child next to your naked wife .

BANNED

That reminds me of reading a Batman comic as I was 8 or 9 years old and wondering what his female informant was doing walking the streets at night. Some time later I knew...

Never understood the Comic Code forbidding outright saying her being a prostitute but showing it is ok.

To say nothing of Dick and Kory sharing a pyjama^^

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When your jealous of your child next to your naked wife .
    He’s the king. Can’t he order for a wet nurse? Or make prima nocta?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’s the king. Can’t he order for a wet nurse? Or make prima nocta?
    with his wife's temper? are you joking?

Extraordinary Member

Sorry for the tacky question. But wasn’t Black Canary raped and tortured?
    That was the reason for her no longer being able to have children and lost her canary cry (until a dip in the Lazarus pit in the 1990s)

Mighty Member

'King Tut's Coup/Batman's Waterloo 1967 Lisa (Lee Meriwether) invites Bruce into her apatment for "milk and cookies". Bruce thinks to himself that man doesn't live by crimefighting alone, and accepts. Take it for what its worth.