Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Movies where guns make things WORSE?

Joker (2019) - He's given a gun for protection and it starts a chain reaction of events.

The Strangers (2008) - gun kills someone who was trying to help them

others?

Taxi Driver. DeNiro's character is driven to action after he buys a gun. It gives him confidence and that turns him into a vigilante.

(no surprise that that movie has parallels with Joker)
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BrightBurn - Yeah, we all knew he was screwed the moment he took aim...

Free Fire. About an arms deal in a warehouse that gets out of hand.

Not a movie but promotion video the moment you realized you just messed up.

Oh man, I just remembered one, A Christmas Story! Mind you it was a bb gun, but still that moment.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Juice-When Bishop gets a gun.

Day of the Dead when the crazy doctor teaches zombie "Bub" about his past as a military guy, gun use and all. It didn't end well for one particularly annoying guy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I read somewhere ages ago, that Vincent shooting Marvin in the face in PULP FICTION changed the course of his day just enough to get him (Vincent) killed later on.
    I only bring it up to see if anyone here can see how that might be, cuz I couldn’t see it.

At the very least, Vincent’s gun definitely made things worse for Marvin...

Deliverence
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Love And A .45

That said, it is sort of a lesson that is taught right off of the bat in that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I read somewhere ages ago, that Vincent shooting Marvin in the face in PULP FICTION changed the course of his day just enough to get him (Vincent) killed later on.
    I only bring it up to see if anyone here can see how that might be, cuz I couldn’t see it.

Yeah, I think I see it. Vincent and Jules are just supposed to take Marvin to Marsellus Wallace, but because they shoot him, they have to go take a detour to the cleaner, which results with them having the diner/robbery where Jules is able to reflect on what happens and decides hes going to quit. Which then results with them meeting with Bruce Willis later before the fight. Because of this they have a brief interaction where Vincent insults Willis and everyone goes their separate ways. Later when Wallace puts a hit on Butch for not taking a dive, Jules is hired to do it and goes to Butch's house where he goes to the bathroom and leaves the gun on the counter. It could be argued that when Butch sees Vincent, he remembers the insult and shoots him, or even that the food he ate causes him to go to the bathroom, or that he went alone because Jules decided to quit. But I could see it.

As for the OP question, The Dark Knight, Joker gives dent a gun. Not a good movie, but one of the stories in Crash. The tv show Justified, first episode comes to mine, 8 mile, Swingers, Reservoir Dogs(The lady in the car shooting Mr.Orange), Unbreakable (his son grabs the gun to prove his dad is bullet proof), The Game(David Fincher movie), The Iron Giant(sort of), Edward Sicsorhands. Lots of movies.

not a movie, but 100 Bullets the comic, every story arc is basically giving someone a gun and then watching it spiral out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Day of the Dead when the crazy doctor teaches zombie "Bub" about his past as a military guy, gun use and all. It didn't end well for one particularly annoying guy.
    Ooh, a variation on this -- in one of the more recent Dead movies, one of the heroes gets a chainsaw on a bus to fight the zombies. But the bus swerves and so does the guy with the chainsaw, which doesn't bode well for another party member.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Ooof, this should be the prime example of this thread.

Dakota giving her son the gun for self-defense in Planet Terror.