Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Thread Drift: Was what happened to Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man 700 really ever resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I do miss Otto. The return of Peter Parker has for me, only proven what Otto got right in his tenure as Spider-man. A man who balanced his professional and his heroic life. A man who valued the importance of the personal relationships in his life. A man who took crime-fighting seriously, not as an excuse to escape the responsibilities of his life as Peter Parker. The Peter Parker who came back in ASM seems like a dumbed down version of the person he was before Superior and seems not have learned any lessons from the Superior era.

Well, since he's technically a cloned mind version of the real Peter Parker you can actually be happy that it isn't actually happening to the real Peter Parker...he's still suppressed/dead.

It's highly likely that the real Peter Parker would've learned some lessons from the Superior era, but since this a cloned mind version you can't really expect much since he's technically starting fresh with the memories that he has of the original Peter Parker...he really hasn't had much time to settle it all out...which would explain his dumbed downess.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-31-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Well, since he's technically a cloned mind version of the real Peter Parker you can actually be happy that it isn't actually happening to the real Peter Parker...he's still dead.
    If you want to get really specific, he's cloned mind version of an alternate timeline Peter Parker. Kind of like a photocopy of a photocopy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    If you want to get really specific, he's cloned mind version of an alternate timeline Peter Parker. Kind of like a photocopy of a photocopy.
    Pretty sure the marriage is alternate continuity now

BANNED

You lost me...when did Peter from the 616 universe suddenly become an alternate timeline Peter Parker?

You lost me...when did Peter from the 616 universe suddenly become an alternate timeline Peter Parker?
    I believe he's referencing OMD.

Yep. Until Marvel come up with way to physically alter every Spidey comic between ASM Annual #21 and ASM #545 in every house/basement/comicbook store bargain box/vault to reflect the change in the timeline, whilst also changing all of our memories too (which I'm sure they do have people working on), then we're all aware that Peter is still living in Biff Tannen's Pleasure Paradise.

Fantastic Member

Yep. Until Marvel come up with way to physically alter every Spidey comic between ASM Annual #21 and ASM #545 in every house/basement/comicbook store bargain box/vault to reflect the change in the timeline, whilst also changing all of our memories too (which I'm sure they do have people working on), then we're all aware that Peter is still living in Biff Tannen's Pleasure Paradise.
    Or you could read OMD.

The original mind of Peter Parker died in Doc Ock's body and the cloned mind of Peter Parker was already in his own body in the form of Ghost Peter.

Everyone needs to accept the truth for what it is.

The real Peter Parker is still dead.
    Answering the bold part no we don't, the real peter parker is subjective we haven't been told its a clone mind or anything else as far as the comics are concerned in publication Peter Parker is back and for those of us that didn't like the idea of superior we have our spidey back. It hasn't mentioned it and in all likely hood it won't because quite a few people simply don't care, i'm one of these.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    Or you could read OMD.
    OMD is the sports almanac. Or Mephisto is. Or possibly the pigeon. Whatever way you look at it, this Peter still lived a different life to the one we actually read about from that particular 'moment in time' (Ugh). It's not even about being pro or anti OMD or whether the new timeline erased the original or if anyone in the 616 remembers the original. This isn't me talking as a Spidey fan, but more with my sci-fi/nerdy hat on. The bottom line is that something changed in the past which reshaped the future. And that's the definition of an alternate timeline.

But I fear I'm dragging this thread off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Answering the bold part no we don't, the real peter parker is subjective we haven't been told its a clone mind or anything else as far as the comics are concerned in publication Peter Parker is back and for those of us that didn't like the idea of superior we have our spidey back. It hasn't mentioned it and in all likely hood it won't because quite a few people simply don't care, i'm one of these.

It doesn't have to be revealed in the comic when common sense reveals it for you. The real Peter Parker is still dead when you use that common sense. If you don't care then how can you consider yourself to be a true fan of Spider-Man?

Did you care when they replaced Peter Parker with Ben Reilly in the Clone Saga? This is pretty much the same thing only using a cloned mind instead. Marvel has pulled this crap too many times and I'm getting sick of it. The more we fans allow this kind of crap to take place the more Marvel will continue to do it.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-04-2014 at 08:00 AM.

It doesn't have to be revealed in the comic when common sense reveals it for you. The real Peter Parker is still dead when you use that common sense. If you don't care then how can you consider yourself to be a true fan of Spider-Man? .
    You’re really going down that road with me, I’m not a ‘true’ spidey fan because I don’t nitpick everything that the spidey writer does, I will say it once more I didn’t want f******g superior spiderman to exist in the first place that’s how I consider myself a true fan. It’s not about the costume or identity for me its simple Peter Parker is Spiderman wither it’s a cloned mind or original whatever hopefully Slott will address it but I’m not holding my breath. Slott is not in my top 5 spidey writers at the moment. For me superior was identity theft and that is actually a fact and also common sense yet no one mentioned that, I have yet to tell people who like superior that they are sending a message to Marvel that its ok to tell its readers to break the law but I don’t because I can take things extremely serious and it gets me into all sorts of bother. So I take my books at face value for enjoyment only in order to keep my blood pressure down so therefore Slott says Peter’s back then for me Peter’s back I refuse to look any further for the simple fact that I’m little use to anyone dead.

Did you care when they replaced Peter Parker with Ben Reilly in the Clone Saga? .
    No because they did it right, Peter asked Ben of his OWN FREE WILL to take over and took it back when Ben died.
    This is pretty much the same thing only using a cloned mind instead. .
    No actually it’s not because an illegal act needed to happen in order for us to be in the situation, the fact that Ock mr inferior spider-man gave peter his body back doesn’t resolve him.
    Marvel has pulled this crap too many times and I'm getting sick of it. .
    Then stop posting in the forum and stop reading if it matters that much to you. Marvel will change when the numbers force them to change.
    The more we fans allow this kind of crap to take place the more Marvel will continue to do it.
    Like I said the numbers will show what is good and what is bad, its why Dan Slott was the solo writer, why Dan Slott was allowed to make Ock spider-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens when Dr Ock's real body inevitably gets resurrected. Is Peter Parker going to still be in that body or will Dr Ock magically comes back with it?
    If I had faith in Dan then yes it would be but I think the latter will happen and Anna will end up in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    And it'll be weird because Peter knows everything Ock knows up till that point. Unless it was magically erased with the erasure in 31
    At the minute Dan might address it but the longer it goes on it will more than likely be magically erased
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 08-05-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    You’re really going down that road with me, I’m not a ‘true’ spidey fan because I don’t nitpick everything that the spidey writer does, I will say it once more I didn’t want f******g superior spiderman to exist in the first place that’s how I consider myself a true fan. It’s not about the costume or identity for me its simple Peter Parker is Spiderman wither it’s a cloned mind or original whatever hopefully Slott will address it but I’m not holding my breath. Slott is not in my top 5 spidey writers at the moment. For me superior was identity theft and that is actually a fact and also common sense yet no one mentioned that, I have yet to tell people who like superior that they are sending a message to Marvel that its ok to tell its readers to break the law but I don’t because I can take things extremely serious and it gets me into all sorts of bother. So I take my books at face value for enjoyment only in order to keep my blood pressure down so therefore Slott says Peter’s back then for me Peter’s back I refuse to look any further for the simple fact that I’m little use to anyone dead.

Look...I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you, but I don't deny the facts for anyone, and going by the facts laid out in the story I have to use my common sense and state the fact that the real Peter Parker is still dead and has not returned and we have a cloned mind of Peter in his original body now.

If I denied the facts to please you or others I'd have to call myself an idiot...I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do that.

Denying the fact that Superior Spider-Man existed doesn't erase Superior Spider-Man from existence. I didn't want OMD to exist, but it did and I'm still suffering the effects of it to this very day because I can't deny it happened even if I tried. The same should go for you in regards to Peter being still dead as a result of Superior Spider-Man.

The real Peter Parker hasn't returned as a result of Superior Spider-Man...accept it...just like I have to accept that Peter and Mary Jane are no longer married as a result of OMD.

You can't deny something happened simply because you didn't want it to exist in the first place. Accept that Peter Parker is still dead as a result of Superior Spider-Man and you will finally understand how those of us who are fans of the marriage feel since we can't have the pleasure of denying that OMD happened simply because we didn't want it to happen in the first place.

THE REAL PETER PARKER IS STILL DEAD. A CLONED MIND OF PETER PARKER NOW EXISTS IN HIS ORIGINAL BODY...ACCEPT IT. IT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN THOSE OF US WHO WERE FANS OF THE MARRIAGE HAVING TO ACCEPT OMD.

For those of us who are fans of the marriage it feels like the real Peter Parker died during OMD. If some of us are still around despite that fact I think you should be able to handle the fact that the real Peter Parker is still dead as a result of Superior Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-05-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Look...I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you, but I don't deny the facts for anyone, and going by the facts laid out in the story I have to use my common sense and state the fact that the real Peter Parker is still dead and has not returned and we have a cloned mind of Peter in his original body now.

If I denied the facts to please you or others I'd have to call myself an idiot...I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do that.

Denying the fact that Superior Spider-Man existed doesn't erase Superior Spider-Man from existence. I didn't want OMD to exist, but it did and I'm still suffering the effects of it to this very day because I can't deny it happened even if I tried. The same should go for you in regards to Peter being still dead as a result of Superior Spider-Man.

The real Peter Parker hasn't returned as a result of Superior Spider-Man...accept it...just like I have to accept that Peter and Mary Jane are no longer married as a result of OMD.

You can't deny something happened simply because you didn't want it to exist in the first place. Accept that Peter Parker is still dead as a result of Superior Spider-Man and you will finally understand how those of us who are fans of the marriage feel since we can't have the pleasure of denying that OMD happened simply because we didn't want it to happen in the first place.

THE REAL PETER PARKER IS STILL DEAD. A CLONED MIND OF PETER PARKER NOW EXISTS IN HIS ORIGINAL BODY...ACCEPT IT. IT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN THOSE OF US WHO WERE FANS OF THE MARRIAGE HAVING TO ACCEPT OMD.

For those of us who are fans of the marriage it feels like the real Peter Parker died during OMD. If some of us are still around despite that fact I think you should be able to handle the fact that the real Peter Parker is still dead as a result of Superior Spider-Man.
    The story involved technology that doesn't exist in the real world, but it does seem at the very least that readers are supposed to conclude that Peter's mind survived.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The story involved technology that doesn't exist in the real world, but it does seem at the very least that readers are supposed to conclude that Peter's mind survived.
    Clearly, Mister Mets, you lack any common sense, despite Thinker's efforts to give it to you. *solemnnod*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Peter's mind survived via being cloned.

I don't know about you, but Peter's original mind can't be in two bodies at the same time. Peter's original mind died in Doc Ock's body it happened as clear as day in issue #700 after he uploaded his memories into his body. Those memories became Ghost Peter which is Peter's original mind cloned.

I don't understand why people refuse to see the facts of that.

Also...I know the technology doesn't exist in the real world, but that still doesn't change the fact that Peter's mind has been cloned and that's how it survived.

People made a huge big deal when Peter was replaced by a clone in the Clone Saga, but they don't want to accept that the same thing has been repeated again with Peter's mind being cloned in Superior Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-05-2014 at 09:18 PM.