Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

If anything Spock's mind was the cloned one. Doc Ock never left his body, he merely implanted a copy of his persona into Peter while having Peter's copied persona take over his own body. That way he could "win", since he's technically defeating Peter Parker, because he has a huge ego.

Peter Parker never left his body, as far as I'm concerned. The one that was in Doc Ock's body in Dying Wish was only a copy of his persona that overwrote Doc Ock's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    If anything Spock's mind was the cloned one. Doc Ock never left his body, he merely implanted a copy of his persona into Peter while having Peter's copied persona take over his own body. That way he could "win", since he's technically defeating Peter Parker, because he has a huge ego.

Peter Parker never left his body, as far as I'm concerned. The one that was in Doc Ock's body in Dying Wish was only a copy of his persona that overwrote Doc Ock's.
    So what was the deal with the heaven scene?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The only person you're fooling with this comment is yourself, and maybe not even that.

If you had wanted it to work, like you say, you would have simply just accepted it. You would have said, "That wasn't written as good as it could have been, but whatever. I get what they're going for," then shrugged your shoulders and moved on.

Alternatively, there's these things marvel used to have called no-prizes, where people were "awarded" for coming up with explanations of how mistakes in the book weren't actually mistakes. You seem to like explaining things, so something like this should have been right up your ally.

Instead, you rejected what the book told you, rejected other theories and ideas, and came up with a long rambling explanation for why the book, the writer, and everyone else but you are wrong.

I'm NOT rejecting what the book told me because the book reveals Peter to be a mind clone. I have to reject what the book tells me in order to accept that Peter is the real Peter.

Slott is saying that Peter is the real Peter not the book.

All the evidence points to Peter's mind having been cloned. I can't understand why other people can't see it as well.

None of what happened in the story points to Peter being the real Peter at the end of the story.

When Peter was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body that makes Ghost Peter to be a mind clone...tell me how he isn't a mind clone...if you can.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-15-2014 at 11:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    If anything Spock's mind was the cloned one. Doc Ock never left his body, he merely implanted a copy of his persona into Peter
    This is true. As revealed in Superior Spider-Man #30 Doc Ock made a mind clone of himself to upload into Peter's body.

while having Peter's copied persona take over his own body.

This isn't true...you are assuming this because it was revealed that Doc Ock made a mind clone of himself to upload into Peter, but it was never revealed that such a thing was the case for Peter. Doc Ock didn't create a mind clone of Peter to upload into his body.

While the octobot was uploading Doc Ock's clone mind into Peter's body it was downloading Peter's real mind into itself. The octobot then returned to Doc Ock and then uploaded Peter's real mind into Doc ock's body. Peter's real mind superimposed Doc Ock's real mind.

It was the only way Doc Ock could pull this mindswap off. He couldn't upload his real mind into Peter's body because it would kill his own body before Peter could be uploaded into it. The body can't live without the mind.

That way he could "win", since he's technically defeating Peter Parker, because he has a huge ego.

I won't dispute this.

Peter did leave his body because if he didn't then Ghost Peter wouldn't have had any knowledge of being in Doc Ock's body when he made his appearance at the end of Superior Spider-Man #1 he clearly had that knowledge. That not only proves that Peter left his body it also proves that Peter's mind was cloned due to him clearly being revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body.

I don't understand why such a thing isn't clear to people...I'm stating nothing outside of what was revealed in the story.

BANNED

Peter did leave his body because if he didn't then Ghost Peter wouldn't have had any knowledge of being in Doc Ock's body when he made his appearance at the end of Superior Spider-Man #1 he clearly had that knowledge. That not only proves that Peter left his body it also proves that Peter's mind was cloned due to him clearly being revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body.

I don't understand why such a thing isn't clear to people...I'm stating nothing outside of what was revealed in the story.
    I hate to interrupt, but what part of the story are you talking about?

In SSM #1, Ghost Peter says that he doesn't know what's going on or how he got there; the only thing he's sure of is that he's trying to get his own body back (and in that extreme situation, can you blame him?). In all honesty, even he has no idea of what's going on, so how can you?
    Last edited by PeterAvenger; 08-16-2014 at 01:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterAvenger View Post
    I hate to interrupt, but what part of the story are you talking about?
    Amazing Spider-Man #700 where Peter died in Doc Ock's body and the appearance of Ghost Peter in Superior Spider-Man #1.

In SSM #1, Ghost Peter says that he doesn't know what's going on or how he got there; the only thing he's sure of is that he's trying to get his own body back (and in that extreme situation, can you blame him?). In all honesty, even he has no idea of what's going on, so how can you?

If you actually read any of the past posts you will see that people are saying that Peter never left his body in the first place and that Doc Ock's mind clone just superimposed Peter's mind.

Ghost Peter having any knowledge whatsoever as to being in Doc Ock's body proves beyond any doubt that Peter did in fact leave his body and also that he's a clone mind because Peter was shown to have clearly died in Doc Ock's body.

No, Pete never left his own mind. But he did get hit with an update from the copy in Ock's brain. That's why he's got those memories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    No, Pete never left his own mind. But he did get hit with an update from the copy in Ock's brain. That's why he's got those memories.

There was never a copy of Peter's mind that got uploaded into Doc Ock's body...it was Peter's real mind.

Where in the story does it say that a copy of Peter's mind was created by Doc Ock and uploaded into Doc Ock's body? Where does it state that?

If it doesnt state it then such a thing didn't happen.

When the octobot was uploading Doc Ock's cloned mind into Peter's body it was downloading Peter's real mind into it and then it uploaded Peter's real mind into Doc ock's body. That's what the story reveals and that's how it is.

Peter's real mind was in Doc ock's body and a clone mind of Doc Ock was in Peter's body.

That's what the story reavels and that's how it is and as a result of Peter clearly dying in Doc Ock's body it makes the mind of the current Peter to be a cloned mind...it's NOT the real Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-16-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Fantastic Member

So whose body is it actually? Is it a cloned body with a imprinted mind?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dantefrizzoli View Post
    So whose body is it actually? Is it a cloned body with a imprinted mind?

Peter's real body with a cloned mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    There was never a copy of Peter's mind that got uploaded into Doc Ock's body...it was Peter's real mind.
    No, it wasn't. No one switched brains. Ock loaded copies into each of their brains. When Pete tried to transfer his copy back into his brain, he simply got an update of what transpired in Ocks body. Ock later thought he could delete Pete's brain, but alas, could not. He then deleted the copy stored in Pete's body, once again giving control to the real Peter Parker.

Its all there this way in the comic. I suggest you re-read the entire epic, preferably in one sitting, and come back and re-analyse your stance.

BANNED

No, it wasn't. No one switched brains.
    Of course no one swithched brains because it wasn't the brains that got switched...it was their minds.

There is a difference between the physical brain and the mind you know.

The mind contains the consciousness, personality, and etc. The mind goes beyond the physical limits of the brain.

Ock loaded copies into each of their brains.
    Doc Ock only loaded a copy of his own mind (stop using the word brain because the brains were never switched their minds were) into Peter's body. He did not upload a copy of Peter's mind into his body. When the octobot was uploading Doc Ock's cloned mind into Peter's body it downloaded Peter's real mind into itself and then returned to Doc Ock and uploaded Peter's real mind into Doc Ock's body which superimposed Doc Ock's real mind.

Both of the real minds of Peter and Doc Ock died in Doc Ock's body in Amazing Spider-Man #700.

It was never revealed in the story that Doc Ock created a copy of Peter's mind to upload into his body like he did for himself to upload into Peter's body...you are assuming this. If it wasn't revealed in the story itself you can't assume that it did.

When Pete tried to transfer his copy back into his brain, he simply got an update of what transpired in Ocks body
    There was never a copy of Peter's mind in Doc Ock's body...it was Peter's real mind. Because if it wasn't Peter's real mind in Doc Ock's body then we are still getting an altered Peter (making him not the real Peter) because he has acquired memories that he shouldn't have and are not his own because such a thing never happened to him in the first place if he was never in Doc Ock's body.

Those memories that Peter would've never had if he wasn't truly in Doc Ock's body is what revealed him to be the "real" Peter to Charlie Cooper in Superior Spider-Man #31 (which is also the final reveal to the reader as well) the fact is though if Peter wasn't really in Doc Ock's body then the exact opposite would have to be the case to prove that he is the real Peter...he can't have the knowledge of what happened in Doc Ock's body if he truly wasn't in it to begin with.

Ock later thought he could delete Pete's brain, but alas, could not. He then deleted the copy stored in Pete's body,
    There were no two copies of Peter in Peter's body. There were only two mind clones existing in Peter's body. Ghost Peter (Peter's mind clone) and Doc Ock's mind clone who had control of Peter's body.

Peter's mind clone got damaged due to Doc Ock's "deletion" of it and it was rebuilt by the recoving of memories. But, it happened to Peter's mind clone not Peter's real mind because it died in Doc Ock's body.

once again giving control to the real Peter Parker.
    When Doc Ock deleted himself it gave control of Peter's body to Peter's mind clone not his real mind.

Its all there this way in the comic. I suggest you re-read the entire epic, preferably in one sitting, and come back and re-analyse your stance.
    I have...plenty of times and the story only makes sense to me when I accept the fact that Peter's mind has been cloned.

I suggest that you re-read the entire epic, preferably in one sitting, and come back and re-analyse your stance.

The whole story has been confusing people and I was confused as well until I just finally accepted what the story had truly revealed. Now, I'm not confused about it anymore because I have accepted the fact that Peter's mind has been cloned as a result of the story.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-17-2014 at 10:23 AM.

You still seem quite confused. People have poked holes in every aspect of your theory, but you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalalala!'

It's the real Peter Parker.

I've said my piece and will now withdraw.

Good day.

Fantastic Member

Where in the story does it say that a copy of Peter's mind was created by Doc Ock and uploaded into Doc Ock's body? Where does it state that?
    When it explains that Peter and Ock's mindswaps were the same, allowing Peter in Ock's body to access Ock's memories, just like how Ock in Peter's body still had Peter's memories. It was a two way street. Both Ock and Peter received copies of the others' memories and brainwaves that took over their minds, but their original personality would still be in there, even if we never saw Ock's in his own body again before his death. The explanation regarding Ghost Peter means that a Ghost Ock would eventually have popped up if Peter in Ock's body had lived long enough.

Ghost Peter had access to the memories of Peter in Ock's body due to the transmission that "Peter" in Ock's body did before dying, but he'd exist anyway even without that, considering how Ock had to erase all of Peter's memories in an attempt to make him disappear, not just the last few. Yeah, those memories, from the time Peter was Ock, would be copies, but only those. Everything before the switch are Peter's real and original memories, and those are the ones that form his mind and personality.
    Last edited by NeonZ; 08-18-2014 at 04:52 AM.

BANNED

You still seem quite confused. People have poked holes in every aspect of your theory, but you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalalala!'

It's the real Peter Parker.

I've said my piece and will now withdraw.

Good day.

What holes?

I've used nothing outside of what the story itself provided.

There was a mindswap. Peter died in Doc Ock's body revealing Ghost Peter to be a cloned mind of Peter. I don't see any holes in that...and that's what the story revealed.