BANNED

Default Best and Worst shipping or pairing in DC?

You can name anything from anytime. It counts even sexual couples, besides romantic ones.

I never liked in Superman lore how some writers try and give a past to Lois and Lex. I mean, save that stuff for the out-of-continuity projects, because in a main continuity, he's an evil ******* and that's something Lois should be able to see to some degree and not be attracted to. She shouldn't need Superman showing up in town to be able to see he's a dirtbag.

Wonder Woman having a flame for Batman is the worst thing that the Timmverse ever put into people's heads.

Donna and Terry Long always had a creepy quality to it outside of him being just a boring as dirt character.

Catwoman hooking up with Slam Bradley Jr. and being revealed to be Helena's dad. I mean, did anyone care about this, at all? This is just more based on a reveal of the most epic of thuds that I resented at the time.

Just a few that I loathe. I don't really outright hate much in this arena though, so there's probably not much else I have any strong negative feelings toward.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Clark and Diana (really, any of the Trinity getting together)
    Barry Allen and Jessica Cruz (very shortlived in Justice League Rebirth, but it was a thing)

Superman and Wonder Woman. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wonder Woman having a flame for Batman is the worst thing that the Timmverse ever put into people's heads.
    I agree - thank goodness nobody picked up on Bats/Babs from his horrible adaptation of "Killing Joke."

One terrible one was Shadow Lass/Earth Man. Ew. I am glad that whole universe was rebooted just to invalidate that pairing.

Bruce and Barbara is so wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree - thank goodness nobody picked up on Bats/Babs from his horrible adaptation of "Killing Joke."

One terrible one was Shadow Lass/Earth Man. Ew. I am glad that whole universe was rebooted just to invalidate that pairing.
    Oh yes, I hated Shadow Lass and Earth Man too, I forgot about that. No issue with the idea of trying to work to redeem Kirt, but that was such a cheap way to fast track it. If they wanted that it should have been something developed slowly as Kirt started to change for the better, not just throw it at people right away for shock value.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Bruce and Barbara is so wrong on so many levels.
    Surprised I forgot about this. Or repressed it so much I forgot about it. But, yeah. Add it to my list too.

Worst
    Batman and Batgirl
    Wonder Woman with Batman or Superman. I didn't mind Diana and Clark in Kingdom Come, because those versions of the characters had lived through events that changed them so it worked, at least better than any other pairing of them.
    Batman and Supergirl/Lois Wayne from Generations III. She was an adult stuck in the body of a young teenager. She was Superman's great-granddaughter and Batman's adopted granddaughter and his lover.
    Beast Boy and Raven. Those two make zero sense as a couple.

Best - While I may ship a lot of unconventional (same sex) couples, my canon favorites are pretty obvious popular ones.
    Batman and Catwoman, Dick with Kory and Babs, Clark and Lois, Wally and Linda, Apollo and Midnigher
    Last edited by witchboy; 10-23-2019 at 12:54 PM.

BANNED

This is some of my favourites

Carter and kendera:

03237846636cb6b3c427bf8c67a87ecb.jpg

Kyle and sora:

5c89bd537f30f971c979d1f544fc78c5.jpg

Oh, that reminds me - Kyle/Carol was a terrible idea. Bad for Kyle, bad for Carol, bad for Hal. No good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oh, that reminds me - Kyle/Carol was a terrible idea. Bad for Kyle, bad for Carol, bad for Hal. No good.
    came here to post this

seriously DC, who asked for that

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Wonderwoman and any other superhero really. Nothing says “lack of faith” in a franchise more then the desire to link a franchise to another one “via marriage” so to speak.