Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ninja is hardly the same as the other two though - you can be campy and a ninja, or grim and a ninja. Nina is more how you operate combat and stealth wise, while grim and campy are more personal descriptors.
    Well Ninja was just the name I was thinking of when I imagine three different faces of Batman: Smiling batman (campy), angry Batman (grim), Batman hiding in the shadows (Ninja).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A more balanced Bronze Age/BTAS take would be preferable.

Adam West is great but I wouldn't want that on the regular. And the shift to grim/dark ruined the character, IMO, I don't care how overwhelmingly popular it is with the masses. It sucks ass.
    He and Superman are BFFs, I have no time for this "uneasy allies" BS.

I really should have said a more balanced Bruce, and referenced BTAS, but too late for that now.

Edit: Was just over at quora, and someone there posted a question almost identical to this (and it wasn't me). The more you know.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 10-23-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm also going to support those that already said a cross between BTAS and the Bronze Age version. I can imagine him being more BTAS like during the early Bat years, but I think this far along being Batman, especially after recent things Damian coming into the picture and Tom King's Bat and Cat stuff, he'd definitely be in a more balanced state of mind.

I know Bronze is part of the 70’s and the few stories I’ve seen from that era have been pretty bad. I think the way he’s portrayed now is pretty good.

In between, Adam West was too goofy for me.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Of the two options presented? Adam West.
    But in reality AW was (and will be) a bit goofy.
    Between the two would be a good fit.
    The movie versions have always had a nice balance...irrespective of what you may think of the movies themselves.

Incredible Member

Of the two options presented? Adam West.
    But in reality AW was (and will be) a bit goofy.
    Between the two would be a good fit.
    The movie versions have always had a nice balance...irrespective of what you may think of the movies themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    In between, Adam West was too goofy for me.
    What did you think of Batman and Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    What did you think of Batman and Robin?
    I liked it when it came out but I really young, don't care for it now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I find B&R more entertaining than most modern CBMs.
    it's terrible, but never boring and is certainly memorable.

I'm pretty open to any take on Batman though the lighter takes seem to kind of ignore the mystique of Batman being sort of an urban legend(like during the silver age, Batman 66, Superfriends), though I suppose that's something that fades away over time once it becomes obvious that he's just a guy in a batsuit with training and gadgets.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'm pretty open to any take on Batman though the lighter takes seem to kind of ignore the mystique of Batman being sort of an urban legend(like during the silver age, Batman 66, Superfriends), though I suppose that's something that fades away over time once it becomes obvious that he's just a guy in a batsuit with training and gadgets.
    Batman as an urban legend only really works right at the start of his career, when he spends his days beating up muggers and low-level mob enforcers. Once he starts taking on organized crime, and big-name gangsters start to feel the impact of his crusade, it'll be extremely difficult for anyone to deny the existence of the guy outright. And by the time he starts taking on the likes of the Joker, Scarecrow, Penguin etc. on a regular basis, I think pretty much everyone in Gotham will have a general idea of what Batman looks like and what his MO is.

Actually, for all the talk about him being an urban legend, there are hardly any stories which really delve into that aspect when he's starting out. Burton's first film is a notable exception. BvS somehow has him remain an urban legend two decades into his career (though mostly to people outside Gotham). I think The Batman cartoon had him as an urban legend before the events of the series premiere, where he takes on the Joker. But apart from these, Batman's existence usually becomes known to the public fairly rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Batman as an urban legend only really works right at the start of his career, when he spends his days beating up muggers and low-level mob enforcers. Once he starts taking on organized crime, and big-name gangsters start to feel the impact of his crusade, it'll be extremely difficult for anyone to deny the existence of the guy outright. And by the time he starts taking on the likes of the Joker, Scarecrow, Penguin etc. on a regular basis, I think pretty much everyone in Gotham will have a general idea of what Batman looks like and what his MO is.

Actually, for all the talk about him being an urban legend, there are hardly any stories which really delve into that aspect when he's starting out. Burton's first film is a notable exception. BvS somehow has him remain an urban legend two decades into his career (though mostly to people outside Gotham). I think The Batman cartoon had him as an urban legend before the events of the series premiere, where he takes on the Joker. But apart from these, Batman's existence usually becomes known to the public fairly rapidly.
    And that's not even getting into when you see him palling around with the Justice League .

Yeah, never been a fan of the whole "Batman is an urban legend" thing over a long period of time. When he first pops up? Sure. But you can only hide a 6'2 200lbs guy in a big batsuit with a cape for so long. Especially once a kid in red, yellow, and green starts swinging around the city with him.