Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Wonder Woman Really Cancelled?

Just read on Bleeding Cool that the Rebirth run is ending in November with #83, with nothing out in December.
    I thought the 750th anniversary issue in January was just going to be another name for issue #84, much like we had for 700/34, but now it seems to be more of a stand alone issue, akin to Action #1000 and Detective #1000.

Another clue that this may be true....Steve Orlando's first arc that begins in #82 was initially promoted as a seven issue story arc....now it's wrapping up in #750.

Is this all part of the G5 nonsense?

They wouldn’t cancel her due to how much merchandise they make of her and the fact they still have the deal with the Marston family. So it probably does have to do with G5. Which is dumb. We all know this will be dropped.

As far as I understand it, Wonder Woman is switching over to a monthly schedule, so one of the earlier solicited issues gets moved from one month to the next.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

January is just an anniversary issue. Steve Orlando is already confirmed as the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    January is just an anniversary issue. Steve Orlando is already confirmed as the next writer.
    That's true....but why has his first story arc suddenly gone from seven issues to just two and a half?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    That's true....but why has his first story arc suddenly gone from seven issues to just two and a half?
    Do you have a specific source for that?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Amazing Member

It will always be published, otherwise DC loses copyright of the character to WMM's heirs

They just miscounted how many issues were needed to get to that anniversary. Issue 84 was cancelled, not the whole series!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Serpis View Post
    It will always be published, otherwise DC loses copyright of the character to WMM's heirs
    This is no longer true.

Amazing Member

Explain please

No according to the Granddaughter. She said this is still in agreement. I can't see the reason for lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpis View Post
    Explain please
    Apologies, seems I was misinformed! I was under the impression that it had expired, but I confirmed it still is valid.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Retired

Well, it's been reported many times that the agreement is no longer active, only for it to be reported later that it is still active. So I imagine different parties believe different things and this has probably been going back and forth for many decades.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Just read on Bleeding Cool that the Rebirth run is ending in November with #83, with nothing out in December.
    I thought the 750th anniversary issue in January was just going to be another name for issue #84, much like we had for 700/34, but now it seems to be more of a stand alone issue, akin to Action #1000 and Detective #1000.

Another clue that this may be true....Steve Orlando's first arc that begins in #82 was initially promoted as a seven issue story arc....now it's wrapping up in #750.

Is this all part of the G5 nonsense?
    I will get 750 but have already told my LCS I am not getting G5.

If there is a book with ACTUALLY Wonder Woman in it I will buy that, but otherwise I will be back when this latest mistake folds up and goes away.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, it's been reported many times that the agreement is no longer active, only for it to be reported later that it is still active. So I imagine different parties believe different things and this has probably been going back and forth for many decades.
    Yeah, I wish I could remember who told me it had expired (it was a trusted source), but I made a more direct confirmation this morning