View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Lockheed had himself a little snack.

Is that sinister twinkle in Kitty's eye a clue about her exclusion from Krakoa?
    Or just artistic charm for that exchange between she and that....youth?

I thought it was kinda meh. I'm really only in it for Pyro and Storm.

I wonder why Pyro was hanging out alone on the boat instead of with his boyfriend Avalanche and his BFFs Blob, Phantazia, Mystique, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Dont know much about the neo expect that they are supposed to be very strong. Does Pryde's power equal that of the neo?
    Duggan had Kitty guest star in his Hulk run a couple years ago where Hulk said she's much more powerful than she knows.

BANNED

*Bobby makes joke about top men*

*cuts to Logan*

Hmmmm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Dont know much about the neo expect that they are supposed to be very strong. Does Pryde's power equal that of the neo?
    we've seen her phase massive structures through planets, she has good precision control, and I'm assuming they could upgrade her to not needing to touch somting to phase it/ copy ultimate kity and add density control. She should fit the power level

Nice bit of levity after weeks of seriousness.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I'm guessing Emma's new ship is not the Conquistador, but jeez wouldn't it be cool if it was?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Really, Logan?!

Cubanos are cool, but they're not that special, and surely, Canada has better sandwiches.
    Pomade? So, you're a silly hipster now?

Kitty: "Iceman, get in my boat."
    Robert: "You know I don't float that way."

Anyway, I still don't like the name usage, but I'm sold on the series. Really good Kitty.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Honestly this was only ok to me. Guess my expectations and hype were a little bit too high. Definitely hope Bishop joins the rest soon or I may be checking out of this series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Really, Logan?!

Pomade? So, you're a silly hipster now?
    Logan was probably using pomade for his sensational hair long before it was a hipster product.

This was honestly perfect for me.

I don't deny that Hickman has excellent writing skills, but I'm a bit too tired of seeing the X-Men be so serious all the time. Tone wise, this reminded me of something straight out of Claremont's early run. Duggan's Kitty is already the best the character's been portrayed in the last decade. Also, I never really cared for Pyro, but I feel like he's going to be one of the standouts in this.

Storm was... there. lol If someone were reading this title for her, I can understand why they wouldn't be too pleased with this issue.

I'm definitely sold. I think the first arc will mostly deal with establishing the tone and characters, which I'm fine with.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Like always, Lolli delivered on the art. Love his rendition of everyone on the cast. His Bishop & Kitty are my favorites, and it's nice the latter looks like an adult. Cover work had her looking 12. And I gotta start calling her Kate now. I always thought Kitty sounded silly, especially as an adult.

Overall it seems Duggan has the voices down and I think he will be fair to all the characters. If his Deadpool & Avengers is anything to go on, he will do the team justice where everyone has their arcs, failures, and accomplishments.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well, yes and no. Part of their thing was that they were mutant enough to be hurt by High Evolutionary's anti-mutant thing (and later the Decimation). However, they weren't mutant enough to escape the Evolutionaries culling.
    But she could still be a Neo. Kitty was off-world in a magic bullet when the Evolutionaries came a calling and culled most of the Neo on Earth. Only those off world (Kitty and the Crimson Pirates) were spared. And as Neo are a strain/off-shoot of mutants, it would still be fine with the world-building Hickman has done seeing that the Rasputin chimera had Kitty's dna in her genome...which would not have happened if she wasn't a form of mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    They were a different, 'more evolved' strain or some such nonsense. Claremont was never very clear.
    Yeah he was trying to do something with it, but he left the books again before it got fleshed out...per usual.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Logan was probably using pomade for his sensational hair long before it was a hipster product.
    I have trouble seeing him so conscious of his appearance. He's too natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But she could still be a Neo. Kitty was off-world in a magic bullet when the Evolutionaries came a calling and culled most of the Neo on Earth. Only those off world (Kitty and the Crimson Pirates) were spared. And as Neo are a strain/off-shoot of mutants, it would still be fine with the world-building Hickman has done seeing that the Rasputin chimera had Kitty's dna in her genome...which would not have happened if she wasn't a form of mutant.
    Indeed. That's what I'm alluding to. There's something un-mutant about Neo. Whatever it is might be why she can't go to Krakoa.

Or maybe it's even a subconscious psychological thing on her part, and deep down she doesn't want to be part of it.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 10-23-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier