View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Like always, Lolli delivered on the art. Love his rendition of everyone on the cast. His Bishop & Kitty are my favorites, and it's nice the latter looks like an adult. Cover work had her looking 12. And I gotta start calling her Kate now. I always thought Kitty sounded silly, especially as an adult.
    Actually it irked me how Emma looked 16 years old.

Fantastic Member

It feels like not long ago there wasn't many mutants now there's faceless random background characters everywhere and they need rescuing. Can't we use some existing characters?

Pyro's inclusion comes to random coincidence? Seemed maybe Xavier was testing if he could resurrect people effected by Necrosha? Though maybe the Hellions would have made a safer choice.

The art seemed a bit off and made Pyro look younger? I know they are more accepting now but they were enemies for years and seem awfully accepting of Pyro who just randomly decided to stick around.

Fantastic Member

oh and the text pages felt even more useless

Hickman tries to give them a point at least but here it felt like page filler just ti fill pages

I'm not really a fan of getting so many text pages and charts

Mighty Member

Maybe Apocalypse is upset that Kitty didn’t love him enough in AOXM and told Krakoa to shut the door on her. Haha.

I actually liked Kate. This is not Gold Kitty who was awful

Wow. I was a little worried after HOX and POX didn't really impress me, but this book is off to a GREAT start. I just hope it stays that way.

And I'm really glad this isn't the same Kitty we got in Gold. Not sure how I feel about the Kate thing though. It may be what she wants but... she'll always be Kitty to me.

I liked that the start of the team wasn't really an official thing. It made the character interactions feel more natural.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Really, Logan?!

Cubanos are cool, but they're not that special, and surely, Canada has better sandwiches.
    Pomade? So, you're a silly hipster now?

Kitty: "Iceman, get in my boat."
    Robert: "You know I don't float that way."

Anyway, I still don't like the name usage, but I'm sold on the series. Really good Kitty.
    Logan is probably whiling away time by reading Agatha Christie's Poirot on Krakoa and thought it was high time he started being mindful of his appearance at his age so he took a leaf from the elderly detective.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'd prefer this usage of text pages. Hickman's use seems so cold, like I'm reading a school textbook. These were fun.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Well it's just a guess but it shouldn't be a coincidence Kitty can't get on the island. Considering her powers, some people would not want to see Kitty poking around in the most secret and inaccessible places in Krakoa .

A good first issue, I almost died laughing at Logan's list and I understand why Storm doesn't want to deal with Emma (last time didn't end well).

Well Krakoa's situation is far from perfect as we have seen in this issue missing basic things and little comforts on the island and various portals are being watched and mutants prevented from accessing them. Bishop seems to have another equally disturbing problem and Kitty will have to deal with the schism between the members of the Hellfire Club.

BANNED

Logan is embracing his inner diva.

Mighty Member

Seems like Bishop is going to be less a member of Kitty's crew and more an agent working alongside them on his own personal mission.

Just going to post this here too.

I loved it! i F(#(#ING LOVED it. Yes this issue is kitty centered but it makes sense but the writing is so good. All the characters sound like themselves. Storm freely controlling the wave the boat was riding on was really cool to see. This book is definitely for me. lol. I loved this more than X-men #1. So fun and colorful.

Also loved that Ororo repeated the "Kill no man" law for you know the people convinced mutants want to kill humans.

This is a kitty i can get behind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Logan is probably whiling away time by reading Agatha Christie's Poirot on Krakoa and thought it was high time he started being mindful of his appearance at his age so he took a leaf from the elderly detective.
    Also, pomade seems like a very stupid human thing. Mutants, in general, should be very opposed to it, imo. They should be embracing their natural appearances.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

So is Kitty not a mutant? Think Hickman is gonna explore her Neo background that Claremont never got to?

I love that it seems like the Storm/Emma rivalry has been reignited. Storm dont f--k with her!

When did Pyro die? He was already among the living as of Iceman's solo
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2019 at 07:18 AM.

I love that Kitty can't get into Krakoa, and all her friends are just like "Ok, bye. Good luck!"