View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Honestly this was only ok to me. Guess my expectations and hype were a little bit too high. Definitely hope Bishop joins the rest soon or I may be checking out of this series.
    Second that, I think making this book the "Kitty show" to start with sets bad precedent for trying to look at this as team book...unless the same energy is kept when Bishop, or Pyro is the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Gurl, look at those arms. Built that twank ain't.
    It's Lolli drawing everyone to be real slim. Kurt looks on the verge of starvation lol.

I always saw Bobby as being pretty buff. Look at that Dauterman cover.
    But I didn't know what a twunk was until right now lol.

Really enjoyed this issue. This is the Kate I know and love. Not overly confident/borderline arrogant - capable but still young and unsure of things. I would like to go drinking with her.

Everyone sounded great to me and I loved Kate's half-drunken journal, Logan's list (pomade? Ha!) and more of the Sinister Secrets. Ororo agreeing to stay by Kate's side was super sweet. And Pyro is looking kinda young and hot, for Bobby (who needs to be depowered more often). Adventures on the high seas indeed. ;-)

Looking forward to Bishop joining the group and very curious what that woman in Taiwan is up to. Also why Kate can't go through the gates.

Excellent stuff. So fun.

"On Krakoa you will love and be loved".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Logan, who died at the Orchis station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    The team who took out Mother Mould in HoX 4.
    Oh. OH. I forgot that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I kinda love the thought of Kitty being stuck behind a desk while the core mutant leaders were building paradise on Earth.
    Yeah XD Emma even told her that she doesn't get out much. She was probably filling out forms to deal with the mess of a Central Park property now being part of another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Which scene was that?
    The three weeks ago scene in house of X where she is sitting watching the white house in DC. There is a krakoan plant behind her next to lockheed and she has short hair. But the marauders flash back starts with a little while ago and kitty has long hair and before trying to go through the portal she goes "I can't believe this is real" But by that point there is already a habitat established at the school because we see Jean walking through it with the green girl in HOX.

Kitty's trip seemed to have only taken about a week to get to Krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

As someone who usually finds Pryde rather boring, I found her charming here. This was solid.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-23-2019 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah XD Emma even told her that she doesn't get out much. She was probably filling out forms to deal with the mess of a Central Park property now being part of another country.
    She did drop a private estate on public land like the entitled brat she is, so she deserves the headache of a mountain of paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This was very enjoyable. Fun set up issue, and I enjoyed learning that Logan has an affinity for Rendezvous ribs in Memphis. Which they will FedEx to you.

As for Kitty not being able to pass through the gates, I figured it was obvious. No precogs on Krakoa, remember? As per Moira X. If you recall how Kitty used her powers to phase her consciousness through time in Days of Future Past, well, if she can go backwards she can probably go forward too. That’s my theory anyway.
    Rachel sent Kate's consciousness back in time. As far as I know Kitty never showcased nothing similar to that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was just really damn fun. Sharp writing, great art, and an intriguing mission statement with lots of potential.

From the initial announcement, Pyro was the cast member I was least excited about, but he was great in this issue. Although, I could do with less of the accent and slang.

This was awesome, love the art. Lots of exposition but that was all set up.

We learn how everyone gets a house and how Emma got a palace?

Also a mutant is violating Krakoas laws and kidnapping humans. Selene?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

haha great

But how many issues until Ororo is BFF with Emma?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This was very enjoyable. Fun set up issue, and I enjoyed learning that Logan has an affinity for Rendezvous ribs in Memphis. Which they will FedEx to you.

As for Kitty not being able to pass through the gates, I figured it was obvious. No precogs on Krakoa, remember? As per Moira X. If you recall how Kitty used her powers to phase her consciousness through time in Days of Future Past, well, if she can go backwards she can probably go forward too. That’s my theory anyway.
    The movies are not comics canon peeps. Rachel used her chronoskimming powers to switch minds with the Pryde women in Uncanny X-Men 141.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Rachel sent Kate's consciousness back in time. As far as I know Kitty never showcased nothing similar to that.
    Nope never. Marvel Comics Kitty, even when powered by that cosmic mirror, could not phase herself through time. She needs Ray for that.

But I'm interested in the theories put out on why she wasn't allowed entry. It could be due to the security feature, in combination with her better than normal TP resistance, which makes her less susceptible to whatever whammy Xavier/Krakoa might have on people. or that the island needed Kitty for this so it kept her out on purpose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    haha great

But how many issues until Ororo is BFF with Emma?
    LOL, Yeah that's not happening.