View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Although, I could do with less of the accent and slang.
    I will say it’s a lot more tolerable than those damn French accents Leah kept using to the point of nauseating, in that Age of X-Man book she wrote.

BANNED

My first thought was not the Neo but the fact that her powers make her a liability to the real power behind Krakoa. The unholy Trinity would definitely want to limit Kitty’s access to the island’s secrets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hands down my favorite effing scene from this relaunch. The only thing that would sour this great scene is if we never get any real insight into why Storm is being hands off with Emma. I would like a better understanding of why Duggan feels Storm has reason to distrust her. I hope he takes their ENTIRE history into consideration, and not just some throwaway petty garbage.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh. OH. I forgot that happened.
    Logan dies so much my brain couldn't comprehend what Duggan was referring to.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Consider that the populating of Krakoa started to happen before Hox Pox and probably the school in Central Park was still active at the time. Being the headmistress, she might have been there during that time while other X-Men were already going to Krakoa.

Probably the scene in Central Park happened before Orchis and then she set to travel by herself while everyone had already started to settle in.
    Oh right, and she sailed out from San Francisco I believe, which means she had to hop a plane to the other side of the United States to steal a sailboat to go to Krakoa! Lol, I wonder if she drove so she could pick up all the stuff on Logan's list!

It's going to be funny if you can't bring some things through the portals, maybe organic compounds cannot pass through the portal unless they are clothing. I kind of want to see Kitty getting supply run requests from a different person each issue so we can see some of the silly things people want Kitty to bring back to Krakoa for them.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Hands down my favorite effing scene from this relaunch. The only thing that would sour this great scene is if we never get any real insight into why Storm is being hands off with Emma. I would like a better understanding of why Duggan feels Storm has reason to distrust her. I hope he takes their ENTIRE history into consideration, and not just some throwaway petty garbage.
    agreed to ALL of this. considering Emma's history with ororo there is no reason she should have in wanting to work with her. she is a snake and cant be trusted.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    It's probably a call back to X-Men Black where they were pretty angry at Emma for using the X-Men to get control over the Hellfire Club.

I was going to say IvX, but I think most of the current writers want to forget IvX even happened if possible.

I noticed a few things about Kitty (Kate) and Emma in this issue:
    • Emma is being pretty up front about everything, she isn't lying about trusting Kate, she appears to be bringing Kate all the way into the operations of the Hellfire Trading Company!
    • I think Emma and Kate were talking telepathically while Kate crossed the ocean because the beach astral plane scene seemed to imply that they were discussing this for a while.
    • I think Emma has an open telepathic link with Kate so Kate can contact her whenever she wants.
    • The whole time they were talking I had this funny thought that Emma is just happy that someone wants to play Hellfire Club with her at last. Like you finally found someone to play D&D with and you are super happy about it. Awe, Emma wants Kate to be her BFF!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh right, and she sailed out from San Francisco I believe, which means she had to hop a plane to the other side of the United States to steal a sailboat to go to Krakoa! Lol, I wonder if she drove so she could pick up all the stuff on Logan's list!

It's going to be funny if you can't bring some things through the portals, maybe organic compounds cannot pass through the portal unless they are clothing. I kind of want to see Kitty getting supply run requests from a different person each issue so we can see some of the silly things people want Kitty to bring back to Krakoa for them.
    That whole sailboat bit was cute but contrived to the point that it took me out of the story. They have jets, fliers, and teleporters. Two of Kitty’s closest friends are teleporters. Two of her other closest friends are not only fliers but can keep her aloft comfortably without even touching her.

I get the bit, but he didn’t sell it to me. It seemed more like Kitty doing whatever she had to do to get to the island rather than choosing a vision quest style journey to paradise. Why steal a boat when your speed dial is full of people who can get you there?

Lots of flimsy motivations and decisions for me, which is a little jarring coming off Hickman books where everything has weight and is either given sound reasoning or none at all, creating mystery.

This issue didn't excite me the way House of X did. The voices are fully there, but there is promise and its a great team. Too much set up. The art is standard and nothing special. Still a solid start with a great cast.

Attachment 88600 I loved this
    This seems to be the most talked about panel from this issue. haha. I can't tell if Bobby's speedo is blue or white.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LOL well i guess they just completely ignored that run.
    Not likely as this line up is essentially the cast of characters in the Iceman solo. While I appreciate more gay characters, a random second Pyro that is gay was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Remember Iron Man found out one of the X-men is not a real mutant? Maybe, just maybe, that is Kate Pryde.

Oh by the way, she is still not officially named as Red Queen????
    I forgot about that. Wonder if that will ever be followed up on. I would love if Krakoa was just pissed at Kitty for something from the Wolverine and the X-Men days.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    RIIIIGHT Bobby's a Boyicicle Bottom
    Is that an Icicle or Bicycle joke?

Remember when Midnighter bottom'd for Apollo in his solo? Fans went crazy.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Kate cannot take up her seat on the Quiet Council thus Rmma gets two votes.

Consider that the populating of Krakoa started to happen before Hox Pox and probably the school in Central Park was still active at the time. Being the headmistress, she might have been there during that time while other X-Men were already going to Krakoa.

Probably the scene in Central Park happened before Orchis and then she set to travel by herself while everyone had already started to settle in.
    The school was NOT still active. It was destroyed during UXM Disassembled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Kate cannot take up her seat on the Quiet Council thus Rmma gets two votes.
    I dont think it works like that and I definitely dont see Storm allowing Emma to speak for Kitty

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That's just Byrneface for you.
    Yeah, Byrne drew several characters with different less-than-super body types and faces that often varied from the generic square-jawed norm. His Emma Frost was a lean woman in her late forties or early fifties, not the balloon-breasted surgically-enhanced sexpot twenty-something she's turned into. Heather Hudson was similarly a tiny woman, with a girlish figure, under his pen, only to put on the Vindicator costume a year after he left the book and become a towering amazon with boobs individually larger than her head. Madison Jeffries was downright fugly, and then he started being drawn by Jim Lee and was generically good-looking.

It's not just a Byrne thing, either. The Punisher looked like a pinched version of Harry Osbourne, until he stopped being a Spider-Man villain and got his own book and suddenly was buffer, straight-haired and square-jawed.

Hang out with hot super-people, and it rubs off, apparently.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    That whole sailboat bit was cute but contrived to the point that it took me out of the story. They have jets, fliers, and teleporters. Two of Kitty’s closest friends are teleporters. Two of her other closest friends are not only fliers but can keep her aloft comfortably without even touching her.

I get the bit, but he didn’t sell it to me. It seemed more like Kitty doing whatever she had to do to get to the island rather than choosing a vision quest style journey to paradise. Why steal a boat when your speed dial is full of people who can get you there?

Lots of flimsy motivations and decisions for me, which is a little jarring coming off Hickman books where everything has weight and is either given sound reasoning or none at all, creating mystery.
    And then she would need to also rely on someone to leave the island? Also nightcrawler cannot teleport her to another continent.

Also, me and my roommate often drive to the same location in two separate cars. We could take one car. Why dont we? There are many reasons, social or not, and it does not hinge on how intimate we are.

ISnt magyk in space

(Mutant shouldnt be able to cross continents magically through x-gene powers anyway, its like if every telepath could control everyone on earth what is the point of writing a story even.)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think it works like that and I definitely dont see Storm allowing Emma to speak for Kitty
    Emma was promised 3 seats and Hickman confirmed she is control over them. Storm doesn't need to stand she can sit as she was offered a seat