View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Unless that psychic link is what is corrupting him. When Kitty was drunk she was screaming about how she was ready to fight some humans. Also it has been shown Lockheed disappears when he wants for long periods of time. How can she reign him in if she's not addressing her own internal hate?
    I guess it boils down to possible development; for all we know, Kitty might be too pre-occupied to notice until it's a little too late, but then she surely owes Lockheed at least a modicum of trust after all they've been through? I doubt she'd sit idly by if he was about to tear the flesh off of her or her friends, after all. But we'll see; it could just be the artist felt like having a dark joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I guess it boils down to possible development; for all we know, Kitty might be too pre-occupied to notice until it's a little too late, but then she surely owes Lockheed at least a modicum of trust after all they've been through? I doubt she'd sit idly by if he was about to tear the flesh off of her or her friends, after all. But we'll see; it could just be the artist felt like having a dark joke.
    Definitely a bad joke given the climate of the book and how we're told every cover tells a story, that can easily extend to the art as well. But your absolutely right in only time will tell but it's not a good thing for the artist to take control of the story if that isn't the intent.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Definitely a bad joke given the climate of the book and how we're told every cover tells a story, that can easily extend to the art as well. But your absolutely right in only time will tell but it's not a good thing for the artist to take control of the story if that isn't the intent.
    I think it was just a joke. Lockheed is an highly intelligent alien, isn't he? He should know better than to go around eating people. But it could be cool if Kitty was corrupting him.

BANNED

Based on the data pages, those are probably Squirrel Girl’s fingers.

BANNED

I definitely get what ya mean, but speaking as an artist myself...sometimes we get bored. It probably made them giggle to think how over the top they could take it without getting copped by editorial; I wouldn't worry too much. Bad taste, you're absolutely right, but still.

Spectacular Member

Link doesn't work but i scanned it in photoshop and yeah those are definitely human fingers but i don't think any of the x-men know he is eating human meat. It disappears very quickly. Oh boy, move over Game of Thrones.

Attachment 88656
    Not just that panel. He's got a finger in his front paw here:

IMG_20191024_230408.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I definitely get what ya mean, but speaking as an artist myself...sometimes we get bored. It probably made them giggle to think how over the top they could take it without getting copped by editorial; I wouldn't worry too much. Bad taste, you're absolutely right, but still.
    Oh i definitely understand, i draw as well. And as an artist it bothers me more. I get the bored part, it happens but there are a million other way the artist could have done so. When it comes to supporting a writer with your art in my opinion personal amusement should never take control of the story trying to be told. Especially since if this isn't the intent of Duggan, which if it is i think it could be a really interesting story, but if it's not, the main story has now been derailed. I want to know why lockheed has human fingers in his mouth, i feel this is a plot now right or wrong. And imo it will gain traction.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Not just that panel. He's got a finger in his front paw here:

IMG_20191024_230408.jpg
    Oh for the love of---

Lockheed.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    As everyone is going in Kitty gets blocked and walks right into the gate and thats how she messes up her nose.

We don't know why Krakoa doesn't let her in. Storm and Nightcrawler are shocked.
    Maybe Cypher asked Krakoa not to let her in since she has hardly spoken to him since he was resurrected by Selene via the TO-virus.

BANNED

seagulls, humans, squirrels....it’s all more or less the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    seagulls, humans, squirrels....it’s all more or less the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And if it was the severed hand, well... it was just going to rot and get all maggoty anyway. Best not to let anything go to waste. There are starving cannibals in the hills that would love to eat that hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    And if it was the severed hand, well... it was just going to rot and get all maggoty anyway. Best not to let anything go to waste. There are starving cannibals in the hills that would love to eat that hand.
    hey, when you are a hungry dragon protecting your favorite girl and you need to eat, you find the food where you can!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    hey, when you are a hungry dragon protecting your favorite girl and you need to eat, you find the food where you can!
    Agreed with all of this.

But the fact that it was so highlighted, and yet hidden in plain sight, at the very end of the book now has me raising a brow. Thanks JKtheMac, I believe you're onto something. I loved Kate in this but yes, there were moments that were strange. Shooting the guy in the kneecap after he tried to shoot her in the head didn't raise any alarms for me, but I did find the phasing of the gun into the two men a bit extreme. And I'm all for Kate having fun but she sure seemed to be drinking a lot. And ready to fight humans.

Something is up with Miss Pryde. Krakoa knows. It would be a real kick in the pants if Malice were involved and pushed for choosing the name Marauders, as someone mentioned.

EDIT: According to Marvel wiki, Malice's real name is unknown. I would fall to the ground if her name was Katherine.
    Last edited by JB; 10-24-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If this is a more major plot development, I'd love to see it stem from Kate (even the Kitty to Kate thing can play into this) and not Lockheed. She's going to be forced to grow, has some valid resentment and other 'darker' emotions that need to be integrated, and we see these start to bubble to the surface, not only in her increased ruthlessness but in the actions of Lockheed. He could be a manifestation of her Id.

It was probably a humans hand not a mutants at least. #humanfoodforaliendragons
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules