View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I do think it might just be Duggan wanting to write her that way to fit the kind of story he does. Just saying she is 'growing up' and fed up with things is easier than having people bicker about no killing like Brisson ended up having to do in X-Force to no payoff.
    Yep, Kate is more vicious now because she’s being written by the guy who did Deadpool for years, and she has phasing instead of a healing factor and rum instead of mental illness.

What if Emma was the one that prevented Kitty from going through the gate, for the express purpose of alienating her from the rest of the mutants so that she would take her offer? And what if she was actually Emma's first choice, and saying Storm was just a red herring?

I stopped reading when they re-did Age of Apocalypse, so I only have a very loose idea of what is going on. That said, this was a fun issue, and it's nice to see Kitty return to form,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What if Emma was the one that prevented Kitty from going through the gate, for the express purpose of alienating her from the rest of the mutants so that she would take her offer? And what if she was actually Emma's first choice, and saying Storm was just a red herring?

I stopped reading when they re-did Age of Apocalypse, so I only have a very loose idea of what is going on. That said, this was a fun issue, and it's nice to see Kitty return to form,
    I'm thinking that to be honest; Emma's too manipulative not to have thought it all through to that extent. She wanted Kitty from the beginning, the other two 'offers' were just misdirection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Are we having a 3 way? Meet you on Krakoa!
    First rounds on me. Whats our safeword.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Lord Claremont can go eat Russian fingers.
    You say that like he doesn’t already do that.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I'm thinking that to be honest; Emma's too manipulative not to have thought it all through to that extent. She wanted Kitty from the beginning, the other two 'offers' were just misdirection.
    It's not totally out of character for Emma to "nudge" things along. Kate felt alienated from Krakoa and I think that made her choice easier to make. It's a very important position for sure.
    Of course covers don't mean squat but Emma is pushing Kate around on that chess board. We shall see!
    Last edited by JB; 10-24-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I agree with whoever said possession by Malice is unlikely. She wouldnt act like she did in the issue and ppl would have noticed. Malice wouldnt have written that travel journal. Not to mention Malice means Sinister and I doubt he would blow away his alliance with Krakoa so candidly.

Then from a meta pov theres big emphasis on Kate's mental state rn, having it all be a decoy would be unsatisfying storytelling the same way having Xavier mindcontrolling everyone and everything would. Its bad writing.
    Depends exactly what happened and when. It also depends if Malice is acting the same as usual which was mostly bad writing.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Wow, that was a GREAT issue! I expected to like it but it completely blew past my expectations.

If the whole X-line turns out to be this good across the board, sh*t, I'm gonna be broke!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    First rounds on me. Whats our safeword.
    Chuck Austen?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Chuck Austen?
    I Feel like his name would inevitably come up during an XMen themed orgy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Why would an alien care if Earth is ruled by the right twix bar or the left twix bar? Also, Lockheed is a bro. All his favorite humans are mutants.
    Lockheed isn't neutral to allegiances and loyal only to Kitty like say a pet or a rescued tiger. The dragon is far more intelligent than it appears and was a spy for SWORD on the X-Men, so the theory that Lockheed is, by extension, now assisting ORCHIS is not without basis.

Spectacular Member

Oh hey, Gerry Duggan replied me on Twitter!

IMG_20191025_083806.jpg

"Rule of 3" referring to how something is funnier when it's repeated a third time (first being seagull wing and second being crab)...

So forget all those theories, it was a throwaway gag!

I mean...yeah, but like, no more disturbing than Kitty phasing a gun between two guys' legs...? (Or I'm just really desensitised?)
    Kind of makes you wonder if she severed an artery or not? I mean how would she know right? She just shoved it there and moved on.

And of course looking back on the issue the Lockheed think is rather disturbing as well.

I guess it boils down to possible development; for all we know, Kitty might be too pre-occupied to notice until it's a little too late, but then she surely owes Lockheed at least a modicum of trust after all they've been through? I doubt she'd sit idly by if he was about to tear the flesh off of her or her friends, after all. But we'll see; it could just be the artist felt like having a dark joke.
    Maybe he eats someone he shouldn't and gets sent to the hole and that's how Kitty finds out about it?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    humans, crippling and mutilating humans!

You don't do that to your fellow mutants of course, that would be bad!
    But it is ok to do that to human beings, asshole human beings but still, human beings or it is until you accidentally kill one when mutilating them which then lands you into a deep dark hole for eternity.