View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Lord Claremont can go eat Russian fingers.
    Blasphemy!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Oh hey, Gerry Duggan replied me on Twitter!

Attachment 88686

"Rule of 3" referring to how something is funnier when it's repeated a third time (first being seagull wing and second being crab)...

So forget all those theories, it was a throwaway gag!
    He also liked a tweet mentioning how the comic turned into a manga for a single panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder if she severed an artery or not? I mean how would she know right? She just shoved it there and moved on.

And of course looking back on the issue the Lockheed think is rather disturbing as well.
    She probably knows to inflict non lethal injuries. Inuniverse it makes sense due to her training. And the writer made a point of reminding us of the dont kill humans rule . Now if they lose a leg or two I dint see how thats her problem.

If Marvel Russia can make talking bears and mecha suits but can't fix some fingers and tendons, they should take issue with their mysterious leader instead of the pirates.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Oh hey, Gerry Duggan replied me on Twitter!

Attachment 88686

"Rule of 3" referring to how something is funnier when it's repeated a third time (first being seagull wing and second being crab)...

So forget all those theories, it was a throwaway gag!
    (1) There's a severed hand floating in the sea - this is hardly newsworthy: https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ttle-vancouver

(2) A dragon picks it up for a snack - also totally in character.

Nothin' to see here, folks, move along...

Nothin' to see here, folks, move along...
    Famous last words. :-)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Same energy:

EHpEPn_VAAAgwQw.jpg

Fixed it for you.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-24-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Famous last words. :-)
    Well, when the writer says he legit forgot to wrote that gag in as the 3rd time Lockheed's seen munching on something, I rather think his clarification is the last word on whether we should keep speculating whether the dragon's been corrupted through its mind link with Kitty etc etc, or we should just move along...

Well, when the writer says he legit forgot to wrote that gag in as the 3rd time Lockheed's seen munching on something, I rather think his clarification is the last word on whether we should keep speculating whether the dragon's been corrupted through its mind link with Kitty etc etc, or we should just move along...
    Well do you really think the writer would reveal such a thing after issue 1? It's obviously a stretch and I doubt it's the case but it's fun to speculate and I don't think a writer would blow up their own spot like that.

I'm enjoying the ride either way and I prefer to see things unfold than asking the writer such things.
    Last edited by JB; 10-24-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wait, isn't Sage in charge of the Krakoa transit system? Would she try to block Kitty?
    Wouldn't Beast or Trinary find out?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am aware of the Manga tradition but an artist would be ill-advised to use tradition out of context and I very much doubt that this is just that. This is a nod to that whilst doing something else. Showing that Kitty is acting unusually. That her deep desires are being twisted, not that they are themselves twisted.

This is also a character that seriously maimed people with her powers. She has been unleashed. And her ‘pet’ is getting some decidedly shocking tastes too. Hmmm.
    Yeah, stay away from ESU, Kate, or a certain someone's going to be eating nuts and kicking your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think Emma would block Kate from using the portal. Especially when you are trying to build a long term business partnership with someone. Plus Emma offered the position to people who already could come and go to Krakoa through the portals, so she was burning through a list of names of potential partners and hoping someone would say yes.

So I think Kate's reason for not being able to use the portal has nothing to do with Emma. But it could have something to do with either Kate's either being a NEO, being modified by the Black Vortex, or someone on Krakoa is trying to keep Kate out of some places.
    Wouldn't Archangel be blocked too if the Black Vortex was involved? Warren should still have his cosmic power - the wing amputation just prevented him from manifesting that power, and in theory he could regain the fire wings at some point (after all, his feather wings were amputated once and they grew back).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Krakoa... true Brah to Colossus.

Can't Believe I missed that. What the hell is wrong with that creature? Didn't it use to have a family of sort, and some moderate decorum around human beings? Now it's munching on human flesh like it's Nothing. Disgusting.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

The fact that it is a three stage running gag was already obvious. The fact that the last part is human fingers is still ominous regardless and clearly thematically linked to Kate the anti-hero.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Can't Believe I missed that. What the hell is wrong with that creature? Didn't it use to have a family of sort, and some moderate decorum around human beings? Now it's munching on human flesh like it's Nothing. Disgusting.
    Duggan confirmed it was just a joke.