View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marauders [01] : Im on a boat

This was a pretty good first issue.

This is going to be a quick spoilers because I want to talk about it with everyone.

Kitty Pryde, Storm, and Nightcrawler are in NYC inviting mutants to Krakoa.

As everyone is going in Kitty gets blocked and walks right into the gate and thats how she messes up her nose.

We don't know why Krakoa doesn't let her in. Storm and Nightcrawler are shocked.

The US Navy is keeping an eye on Krakoa and they find that mutants don't litter. And a bottle with a note from Kitty Pryde. It's basically her day journal. Random thoughts.

She stole a boat from San Diego and decided to sail to Krakoa.

She gets there and is welcomed by a little mutant who says she's known as the mutant who can't get to Krakoa. That excange made me chuckle. Read it.

Iceman greets her. And Logan runs out thanking Kitty for bringing him everything he's been missing.

Iceman notices that one gateway has no traffic so he goes through to investigate and thats the Russian portal.

It's not allowing any mutants through and Bobby tells Kitty.

Kitty says lets go fight some Russians and they sail there with Storm and Pyro. Who was one of the first resurrected. I love Aussie Pyro.

He was trying to steal the boat Kitty came on but fell asleep instead. And now he's on this adventure with them.

Kitty is going back and forth on whether or not she'll take up Emma's offer to be Captain Kate Pryde.

The team handles the Russians. People will complain the Bobby and Ororo got depowered too quickly but I think that was part of their plan.

Kitty takes out a ton load of Russians. Who all happen to be aholes. And Pyro helps in the end with a big fire blast.

She realizes that this is going on in a lot of places and that mutants can't get to Krakoa. So she hastily decideds to say yes to Emma.

But not before one of the mutants that is recording her kick Russian ass. Kitty has her keep recording and saying that the Marauders will help any mutants get to Krakoa and we assume this will go viral.

Storm tells her she doesnt like the name BUT Kitty said it was the first thing she thought of.

We see Bishop in Taiwan investigating a disappearance. A lady is stating that her husband touched a Krakoa gate and disappeared.

Humans are still being dicks from Taiwan to Russia.

I didn't do the issue justice but it means I want you all TO READ IT.

Highlights:

Kitty Pryde was really likable this issue. I could not stand her in Gold.

Pyro's entrance and just Duggan capturing his voice.

Mini cameos by Logan, Nightcrawler, and Lockheed.

I'll let everyone else delve further into the issue.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-23-2019 at 05:33 AM.

BANNED

Cross-posted:

Good first issue. Loved Kitty’s log, loved OG Pyro. More brutal combat from Kitty than I’ve ever seen, though I’ve always thought about her being capable of it. Glad Ororo checked the team name.

There’s a lot of possibility here. I loved the little bits of slice of life re: Krakoa and its need for outside amenities, etc. Also liked the Central Park flashback. Couldn’t make out if there were supposed to be any known mutants in that scene along with Kitty, Kurt and Ororo but one looked vaguely like Bling.

Is it me or were those Predator X analogs glimpsed at the Brazilian gates in Emma’s astral pitch? I hated that era but it’s a cool callback.

That Iceman joke this issue was the tops. You know the one.

I thought this was great.

It felt like classic X-men stuff. The camaraderie between them all. Kitty was competent, strong and not at all whiny.

And more Bar Sinister rumors that will be interesting to pour through, but they do seem more obvious this time.

Oh and the book was fun, with some good, funny bits.

I loved it! I read it superfast so I'll probably have to get bacl to it, but it was really a delight.

Kitty was amazing. The drinking, the cursing and the dirty fighting were great. Farewell Gold Kitty, welcome (kinda) to Krakoa, Red Queen.

I wonder why Storm doesn't want to be involved with Emma at all though, she's doing a lot of nice stuff for Krakoa. And I wonder who was Emma's second choice.

Astonishing Member

I cant believe they brought back kitty bring a NEO rember that. I called this when adamatium agenda said there was a xmen who wasent a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I loved it! I read it superfast so I'll probably have to get bacl to it, but it was really a delight.

Kitty was amazing. The drinking, the cursing and the dirty fighting were great. Farewell Gold Kitty, welcome (kinda) to Krakoa, Red Queen.

I wonder why Storm doesn't want to be involved with Emma at all though, she's doing a lot of nice stuff for Krakoa. And I wonder who was Emma's second choice.
    Maybe Cyclops and that's why she chose the color red.

This probably the first time I thought to myself that I love Kitty Pryde. She was great. That feeling of friendship and warmth that makes the X-Men the X-Men are there. Pretty good.

My only concern with this new Krakoan setting is that human villains are pretty boring. You take all the mutant villains away, all you're left with is a bunch of no name humans. But let's see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This probably the first time I thought to myself that I love Kitty Pryde. She was great. That feeling of friendship and warmth that makes the X-Men the X-Men are there. Pretty good.

My only concern with this new Krakoan setting is that human villains are pretty boring. You take all the mutant villains away, all you're left with is a bunch of no name humans. But let's see how this goes.
    They could use like the Winter Guard or Avengers/FF mutants. Doctor Doom would be a great villain for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Maybe Cyclops and that's why she chose the color red.
    Ooooh it'd make a bit of sense. She was also trying to get a King at first.

So glad I was able to see Kitty kick butt without getting Gold vibes, the reason for the story to focus on her is perfect as well. Overall the premise makes sense and the characters all fit especially seeing Storm being unable to turn away from helping mutants even if she doesn't trust Emma.

BANNED

I think the Book was well overly hyped.

It wasn’t the Best, but it was Ok for the most part. The Dialogue was hit and miss for me, but for the most part I enjoyed it. I was a bit nervous of this being another Gold book, but honestly it felt well balanced.

The humor was good. I enjoyed Storms conversation with Kitty. And Iceman with his lame jokes. And Pyro too. I am curious to why Kitty can’t use Gates though.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think the Book was well overly hyped.

It wasn’t the Best, but it was Ok for the most part. The Dialogue was hit and miss for me, but for the most part I enjoyed it. I was a bit nervous of this being another Gold book, but honestly it felt well balanced.

The humor was good. I enjoyed Storms conversation with Kitty. And Iceman with his lame jokes. And Pyro too. I am curious to why Kitty can’t use Gates though.
    She's either not a mutant or Krakoa is trying to put her to test or something. Which are both weird things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She's either not a mutant or Krakoa is trying to put her to test or something. Which are both weird things.
    It be weird to all of sudden make Kitty a None Mutant. I hope this is all a test and that Kitty can finally join her mutant brothers and sisters.

NATURALLY, that bit has gay X-twitter EXPLODING, but I deeply appreciate the cheekiness of Bobby's line there, and that it can be read as straight curious (haha, wordplay is fun), like he legit wants to know who these "top men" are that are working on the problem, or it can be read as gay humorous.

I love gay Bobbers, obvs.