View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Freaking 10/10, goddammit. I knew I was right to trust Duggan.

Kate was great and the name change felt earned, if there is such a thing. Her whole characterization is a palate cleanser after Gold, Uncanny and Age of X-Man. Iceman and Emma were the second best thing here. Nice to see the bond between Kate and Ororo being a part of this. I'm interested in seeing what will get them to what Bishop is investigating. The art was also really, really good.

Can't wait for the second issue.

It was also cute the scene where Kitty asked if Ororo would stay with her. She sounded so unsure and afraid. The dialogue was just so on point in this issue. I need issue 2 now!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just going to post this here too.

I loved it! i F(#(#ING LOVED it. Yes this issue is kitty centered but it makes sense but the writing is so good. All the characters sound like themselves. Storm freely controlling the wave the boat was riding on was really cool to see. This book is definitely for me. lol. I loved this more than X-men #1. So fun and colorful.

Also loved that Ororo repeated the "Kill no man" law for you know the people convinced mutants want to kill humans.

This is a kitty i can get behind.
    I loved this so much too.

I loved drunk Kate writing her diary entries. I loved Logan's note of the contraband he wanted Kitty to bring. Haha, Kate is going to make a fortune taking contraband to Krakoa.

I have this head canon that Emma was talking to Kate during her entire voyage to Krakoa and keeping her company. They are constantly connected now, Kate just had to say "Emma" from Russia and Emma responded right away. Lol, Emma has a friend, Kate is her best friend! Notice how Emma is the only one who knows that Kate wants people to call her "Kate". I thought it was hilarious this means at the very least Emma sees Kate as her friend. No wonder she wants to take Kate shopping, thats what you do with your friends.

Pyro snuck on the boat to get to the booze, I just know it. He woke up and came on deck mid voyage because he had snuck on board and was going stir crazy on Krakoa.

Bobby was hilarious, and fun.

I felt like Ororo came along to make sure they children didn't get into trouble. Also, to get some serious intel on what the Russians were doing to mutants. Anyone who thinks Ororo is stepping down from the council for this is mistaken, she is very much on council business here. Also, they can put a flower portal on the ship so Ororo can go back for council meetings any time.

I am really intrigued by Bishop's story. He is investigating something for the council and he is working as though he was an FBI or CIA operative for Krakoa. I think he suspects that woman is lying and trying to stir up anti-mutant hate in Taiwan.

This comic was so much fun, I loved it. It was funny and it really had a sense of family with Kate, Bobby, and Ororo. Pyro is along for the ride, but he was having fun with the group too, and I loved how excited he got when he realized Kate has a fire breathing dragon to make fire for his powers.

Lockheed having snacks on fish, crabs, and squirrels.

Kate reminding everyone that she is fully trained by the greatest Samurai in history, Ogun, and her training was completed by Logan. I loved Kate going, "I really like that sword, I think I am going to take that sword!" She proved how dangerous a phaser can be in a fight, she put that gun inside the legs of those guys and then stopped phasing it and it caused their knees to explode. She shot that one guy in the leg. She took out the tank by setting off the grenades of the operator. She tore through those soldiers like they were nothing. I always said if Kate Pryde decided to become an assassin she would be nigh unstoppable.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sina Grace used the original Pyro to fight Teen Bobby and Adult Bobby.

Thanks, Marvel.
    Let's all forget about that Iceman run and that period in gener.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it wasnt. The Pyro in the solo was the original

The original is an Australian with an accent. Gugg's version was an American without one. The original also needs a flame source to manipulate (flamethrower on back) unlike the Gold one.
    LOL well i guess they just completely ignored that run.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Any ideas on those Bar Sinister/Red Diamond gossip?
    11: Kitty was Emma's third choice (and is bisexual?)
    12: Kitty is the Red Queen
    13: Selene is mad
    14: Just generic bad guys are bad guys stuff I guess
    15: Watch out for the Sub-Mariner

We already knew Storm was the first choice, but Bar Sinister's telling us Kitty was the third choice. I wonder who was the second and why it's a ''secret''.

Now this is the Kitty we all know and love. Fun issue and harkened back to classic Excalibur for me. Went from a "this might be fun" to a "I'm in baby!" for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    11: Kitty was Emma's third choice (and is bisexual?)
    12: Kitty is the Red Queen
    13: Selene is mad
    14: Just generic bad guys are bad guys stuff I guess
    15: Watch out for the Sub-Mariner
    Namor, Selene, Emma and Shaw. Things will be getting messy soon. Emma has somewhat of a nice "Rogue gallery" considering that she's a team character btw.
    Last edited by Veitha; 10-23-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I loved this so much too.

I loved drunk Kate writing her diary entries. I loved Logan's note of the contraband he wanted Kitty to bring. Haha, Kate is going to make a fortune taking contraband to Krakoa.

I have this head canon that Emma was talking to Kate during her entire voyage to Krakoa and keeping her company. They are constantly connected now, Kate just had to say "Emma" from Russia and Emma responded right away. Lol, Emma has a friend, Kate is her best friend! Notice how Emma is the only one who knows that Kate wants people to call her "Kate". I thought it was hilarious this means at the very least Emma sees Kate as her friend. No wonder she wants to take Kate shopping, thats what you do with your friends.

Pyro snuck on the boat to get to the booze, I just know it. He woke up and came on deck mid voyage because he had snuck on board and was going stir crazy on Krakoa.

Bobby was hilarious, and fun.

I felt like Ororo came along to make sure they children didn't get into trouble. Also, to get some serious intel on what the Russians were doing to mutants. Anyone who thinks Ororo is stepping down from the council for this is mistaken, she is very much on council business here. Also, they can put a flower portal on the ship so Ororo can go back for council meetings any time.

I am really intrigued by Bishop's story. He is investigating something for the council and he is working as though he was an FBI or CIA operative for Krakoa. I think he suspects that woman is lying and trying to stir up anti-mutant hate in Taiwan.

This comic was so much fun, I loved it. It was funny and it really had a sense of family with Kate, Bobby, and Ororo. Pyro is along for the ride, but he was having fun with the group too, and I loved how excited he got when he realized Kate has a fire breathing dragon to make fire for his powers.

Lockheed having snacks on fish, crabs, and squirrels.

Kate reminding everyone that she is fully trained by the greatest Samurai in history, Ogun, and her training was completed by Logan. I loved Kate going, "I really like that sword, I think I am going to take that sword!" She proved how dangerous a phaser can be in a fight, she put that gun inside the legs of those guys and then stopped phasing it and it caused their knees to explode. She shot that one guy in the leg. She took out the tank by setting off the grenades of the operator. She tore through those soldiers like they were nothing. I always said if Kate Pryde decided to become an assassin she would be nigh unstoppable.
    The pyro line made me laugh out loud. He was going to steal the boat because he found out he wasn't ressurected first because he was special but because they were trying it out. But it was so comfortable he fell asleep. This book just has so many dynamic personalities and Duggan balanced them so well.

It really did have a sense of family to it, i can't remember the last time the pages oozed this much positive feelings. Mutants truly feel like a family.

That little girl had me dying with the lollipop too. Kate" And your the kid everyone wants to fight." lol classic
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

All it took was this to wash Gold Kitty from my mind. She's likable again!

BANNED

Same energy:

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Kate should get Doug to ask Krakoa whats the beef between them abt.
    This was the only plot hole for me. Why doesn't someone just ask Doug to ask the island why Kitty can't use the portals?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Remember Iron Man found out one of the X-men is not a real mutant? Maybe, just maybe, that is Kate Pryde.

Oh by the way, she is still not officially named as Red Queen????
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So is Kitty not a mutant? Think Hickman is gonna explore her Neo background that Claremont never got to?

I love that it seems like the Storm/Emma rivalry has been reignited. Storm dont f--k with her!

When did Pyro die? He was already among the living as of Iceman's solo
    I think Kitty's problem is more like the problem of not admitting precogs in Krakoa. Kitty is a security flaw she can go to places on the island where they don't want her to go (Moira, Xavier, Erik and Sinister maybe be responsiblefor this).