View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Emma didn't give Shaw a seat, that he was part of the request that Xavier and Magneto approached her with, and for being involved with Shaw again, Emma negotiated to having 3 seats. So either Shaw counts as one of her seats and she actually controls or is able to override his and Kitty's votes, or she gave Kitty a seat and someone else on the council is involved because she chose them.
    I think he gave her two seats, with the intent of her giving one to Shaw to lure him do she wanted a thirdnsonshe could give it to whoever she wants otherwise the council makes no sense imo. If one person can cast three votes what's the point. But that's just my understanding of it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And Magneto? He kept his helmet on. See New Avengers where even Dr Dooms secrets were coming out even after Emma warned them all. You're sitting on the Astral Plane with several telepaths

The oracle and the council are at 2 different areas of krakoa. For him to link with Jean he has to open her mind

Kitty will probably be left off council meetings until they fix the gate
    Magneto took his helmet off during house of x council meeting. He sat it on the table when they were judging sabretooth
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Magneto took his helmet off during house of x council meeting. He sat it on the table when they were judging sabretooth
    Hes won't allow Exodus, Emma or Sinister to link with his mind there for the same reason he won't allow Destiny back
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think he gave her two seats, with the intent of her giving one to Shaw to lure him do she wanted a thirdnsonshe could give it to whoever she wants otherwise the council makes no sense imo. If one person can cast three votes what's the point. But that's just my understanding of it.

Exactly. He did it in front of the likes of Sinister nad Exodus but god forbid he be vulnerable around Kitty

Amazing Member

I know I'm coming in late but I have to say that while I enjoyed this a lot more than X-Men #1, it's not helping me shake my "the X-Men are pod people" vibe.

I cannot believe that no-one, not Doug, not Illyana, not Rachel, said "if Kitty's not welcome then I'm not staying".

I don't care how good the parties on Krakoa are, I cannot believe that those characters would so carelessly exclude her. If she didn't want to be at the party they would be on the beach with her. It's basic decency.

I really hope something is messing with the Krakoa X-Men because I do not want to think that's what Rachel and Illyana have become.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Emma didn't give Shaw a seat, that he was part of the request that Xavier and Magneto approached her with, and for being involved with Shaw again, Emma negotiated to having 3 seats. So either Shaw counts as one of her seats and she actually controls or is able to override his and Kitty's votes, or she gave Kitty a seat and someone else on the council is involved because she chose them.
    Emma is leader of the Hellfire Trading Company, so lets say she controls 51%. As part of the deal, Erik and Charles requested that Emma bring Shaw in so she gives him a 24% stake and he gets a seat on the Quite Council. In exchange for giving Erik and Charles Shaw, Emma requested to pick a 3rd seat herself. This would give the Hellfire Trading Company 3 seats, but Emma can only vote her own. But Emma is Secretary of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade which means she has a lot of political power on the world stage. Emma also remains as CEO of the Hellfire Trading Company so she has that as her economic power.

Now, however, Emma has a 3rd seat in the Hellfire Club and the Quiet Council. She could give it to a resurrected Vanisher who would be yes man for her. Or she could seek a strong ally, who might sometimes disagree with her, but would probably be united in common cause to keep Sebastian Shaw in check. She offers it to Storm, and is turned down. Perhaps she then went to Rogue and offered it to her, and was turned down. Finally Emma decides to offer it to Kate, and Kate accepts. So now Emma will give Kate a 25% stake in the Hellfire Trading Company and the 3rd seat on the Quiet Council.

I made up those percentage stakes because I don't know how the shares of the Hellfire Trading Company are given out yet. I do know that Sebastian is a board member (Black King) and he gets a seat on the Quiet Council. We now know that Kate has accepted her position as Red Queen on the board of the Hellfire Trading Company, and she gets a seat on the Quiet Council.

I think perhaps Moira was worried about who Emma would pick for the 3rd seat, and perhaps worried that Emma is not completely trusting of the new order. Perhaps Moira was worried that Emma would pick someone strong who was not easy to control as a business partner and Quiet Council member and this would interfere in future plans that Moira, Charles, and Erik have for Krakoa.

Emma asked Storm and one other strong mutant to be her potential business partner and take the 3rd seat. So Emma doesn't want someone weak willed, she wants someone strong and decisive. Right now Kate is a bit of an outsider because of the problem with the portals, Kate is even skeptical about Krakoa.

Regardless, I don't think Emma picked Kate to be someone who could be easily controlled, I think she picked Kate as someone who would stand back to back with her and fight to defend the new homeland, and would fight to protect their people from the machinations of Sebastian Shaw.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Exactly. He did it in front of the likes of Sinister nad Exodus but god forbid he be vulnerable around Kitty
    He didn't let anyone link with his brain. And he quickly put his helmet back on. Given the secrets himself and Xavier are trying to keep I don't think they'll go down that root. Maybe she'll send lockheed instead

And it wouldn't be just kitty he'd be vulnerable around its Sinister, apocalypse, Emma, shaw, Exodus and Sinsiter and even Jean

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Emma is leader of the Hellfire Trading Company, so lets say she controls 51%. As part of the deal, Erik and Charles requested that Emma bring Shaw in so she gives him a 24% stake and he gets a seat on the Quite Council. In exchange for giving Erik and Charles Shaw, Emma requested to pick a 3rd seat herself. This would give the Hellfire Trading Company 3 seats, but Emma can only vote her own. But Emma is Secretary of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade which means she has a lot of political power on the world stage. Emma also remains as CEO of the Hellfire Trading Company so she has that as her economic power.

Now, however, Emma has a 3rd seat in the Hellfire Club and the Quiet Council. She could give it to a resurrected Vanisher who would be yes man for her. Or she could seek a strong ally, who might sometimes disagree with her, but would probably be united in common cause to keep Sebastian Shaw in check. She offers it to Storm, and is turned down. Perhaps she then went to Rogue and offered it to her, and was turned down. Finally Emma decides to offer it to Kate, and Kate accepts. So now Emma will give Kate a 25% stake in the Hellfire Trading Company and the 3rd seat on the Quiet Council.

I made up those percentage stakes because I don't know how the shares of the Hellfire Trading Company are given out yet. I do know that Sebastian is a board member (Black King) and he gets a seat on the Quiet Council. We now know that Kate has accepted her position as Red Queen on the board of the Hellfire Trading Company, and she gets a seat on the Quiet Council.

I think perhaps Moira was worried about who Emma would pick for the 3rd seat, and perhaps worried that Emma is not completely trusting of the new order. Perhaps Moira was worried that Emma would pick someone strong who was not easy to control as a business partner and Quiet Council member and this would interfere in future plans that Moira, Charles, and Erik have for Krakoa.

Emma asked Storm and one other strong mutant to be her potential business partner and take the 3rd seat. So Emma doesn't want someone weak willed, she wants someone strong and decisive. Right now Kate is a bit of an outsider because of the problem with the portals, Kate is even skeptical about Krakoa.

Regardless, I don't think Emma picked Kate to be someone who could be easily controlled, I think she picked Kate as someone who would stand back to back with her and fight to defend the new homeland, and would fight to protect their people from the machinations of Sebastian Shaw.
    I don't think Emma picked Kate solely for altruistic reasons. Yes a part of it is Kitty is trustworthy. But I get the feeling Emmas playing 3D chess here. She got Storm on board in the end via Kitty

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

@ RachelGrey

I just want to say how very much I appreciate your Strength; your Patience; your Drive; your Commitment; your Intelligence. You are really one of "the Race that knows Joseph".
    Because...
    Goddess alone knows...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    @ RachelGrey

I just want to say how very much I appreciate your Strength; your Patience; your Drive; your Commitment; your Intelligence. You are really one of "the Race that knows Joseph".
    Because...
    Goddess alone knows...
    @ Devaishwarya

Awe, thanks, I love having you to converse with on the forums so much. You are always so eloquent and poetic, you have a gift for the most lovely writing.

I know I can be a bit intense in my discussing and debating. I hope I am not making anyone angry, I just love talking about how much I love the story of the mutants (X-books) in Marvel Comics.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

My issue with this is Shaw. The reason that Shaw is involved is because Xavier and Magneto requested that he be involved in exchange for the Hellfire Club holding a monopoly on the medicine. I don't see how him being on the Quiet Council and being able to vote as he pleases gives Emma an additional seat. She did not get to select him, she does not get to control his vote. If Shaw is included in her seats, IMO it only makes sense if she has the ability to actually choose when to override his vote. Her face when they make the offer says it all, she doesn't want anything to do with him.

Okay...i have been in and out of X lore for a while...but whatbis a NEO and what should i read up on them?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

@ Devaishwarya

Awe, thanks, I love having you to converse with on the forums so much. You are always so eloquent and poetic, you have a gift for the most lovely writing.

I know I can be a bit intense in my discussing and debating. I hope I am not making anyone angry, I just love talking about how much I love the story of the mutants (X-books) in Marvel Comics.
    Are you all flirting?!?!?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I say this as an Emma fan, Emmas offer is not to be taken at face value. Or at least while apart of me hopes its as straight forward as she says here a part of me knows there wouldn't be a story if it was that straight forward.

As some one mentioned already it is possible Emma is somehow blocking Kitty from entering Krakoa. But if she is doing it it'll be for a good cause

BANNED

If Cyclops could shield his thoughts from Emma using the black box technique Jean taught him, Xavier and Magneto definitely are safe. Id kill for someone to remember Magnetos psychic defenses are the result of his own strength of will and not due to his helmet.