View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Well the main X-Books were always a month apart. Hopefully once we're in November and with X-Men, Marauders, X-Force, New Mutants, and Fallen Angels. The wait won't be as bad since there always be an X-Book to read each week
    Except we have the strange situation where all the #4 books will come out together on 18 December. So who knows what the eventual schedule will be.

It also makes me wonder if there is a secret crossover thing happening on that date.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-24-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    I think people are overthinking it with the Neo speculation. Kitty’s power allows her to find Moira’s No-Place, get access to the five and the inter workings of ressurection that are security restricted, and perhaps most of all, she can get out of jail anyone they lock up. Everyone should realize that Sabretooth is not going to be the worst person imprisoned by a Longshot, and if they keep kitty away from the island, she can’t be snooping around to find out every secret area.

Don’t think they would have shown Rasputin and specifically mentioned kitty’s mutant power as part of a chimera if they were going to immediately retcon her species in the next wave.

But Moira has already shown to keeping out those that are threats to their plans, and knowing how Sabretooth is punished, she is the obvious counter to that. Seems consistent with moira’s decisions so far.
    Xavier has got anti-Kitty tech. Probably No-Space is protected by that kind of intrusion.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Xavier has got anti-Kitty tech. Probably No-Space is protected by that kind of intrusion.
    Kitty was seemingly able to overcome it when she was being mind controlled into believing her baby was trapped in a container meant to prevent her from phasing through to get the squick of Cassandra nova out. That was before Xavier ever died and she phased a ten mile bullet through a planet also said to be of stuff difficult for her to deal with.

I suspect the best defense against kitty’s snooping is keeping her preoccupied everywhere around the world rather than staying on the one island you don’t want her phasing to secret places.

Just my opinion but it lines up with things so far. She wasn’t even at the first council meeting where they imprisoned Sabretooth to get to see him being taken under Krakoa and Xavier and magneto’s plan for mystique is purely to stall on destiny’s resurrection. Stalling on kitty being a full council member until after they do the display of locking up sabretooth makes sense imo.

There’s like a million mutants with espionage abilities and dubious intent you’d worry about before Kitty.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Could be that Kate (I kinda like it), is the one rejecting Krakoa and not the other way around. Kate fights for the dream and was forced to step up in recent years, but truthfully, what she really loves are adventures and crazy ****, like her recent stint in the Guardians of the Galaxy. She digs being a superhero: She doesn't want to settle down and go back to teaching, she wants to beat up aggro humans and be a pirate! Maybe get drunk and make out with Bobby, then watch Bobby make out with Pyro. 'Sal good. Bandit Liiiiiiiiiiiife!!!

Anyway, Krakoa might be sensing her reluctance and cutting her off for her own good.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    There’s like a million mutants with espionage abilities and dubious intent you’d worry about before Kitty.
    Yeah and they've got better tech than the old days. It'd be pretty stupid for them not to think about intangibility, teleportation and such when shielding No-Space.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    It was ok.

Funny and upbeating. When I was expecting power conspiracies, economics and politics.

Maybe we get it later, but #1 usually set the rhythm of the title.
    I think this is the fun book. I loved POX, and HOX, but there's been enough world building and table setting. Now it's time to get out there and live in it! GET ON MY BOAT!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah and they've got better tech than the old days. It'd be pretty stupid for them not to think about intangibility, teleportation and such when shielding No-Space.
    Teleporting somewhere you can’t sense and have never been is a risky proposition for every teleporter. Phasing has no such issue.

Not really anyone I know of who has better espionage abilities than kitty in terms of entering without breaking. They have traditional telepathy covered by Xavier with cerebro and mind wiping which he’s confirmed to do twice already. Magneto can fortify physical locations but not from phasing. Anyone blowing up krakoa’s back can be stopped before they get too far if anyone tries to brute force their way anywhere but phasing is just a slip down and you’re gone.

We’ll see though, hopefully Marauders answers the question without taking too long on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Absolutely. There is something else going on. This isn’t about hiding Moira’s plans or some whacky decades long Neo plot that in reality everyone would rather forget about.

The dark face panel says it all. When have we ever seen Kitty threaten a kid before? Especially looking so ominous. She literally looks like she is about to eat him.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But they specifically use dna from the x-gene so wouldn't that mess up the whole idea of Chimeras? I don't know if Neo have an x-gene i looked and couldn't find anything specifically stating they had one.
    I dont remember if they have the X gene but at least they have something similar enough that High Evolutionary depowered them at the same time as mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That book above also had many other data simulations, which were implied to be a mix of deceptions and real memories - so any could be real or none. Another implied Sinister had planted another Jean clone at Jamaica Bay, that it wasn't the real Jean, and I don't believe that to be true. Point being, the above is by no means canon, but it was something Claremont was toying with.
    Yup then we also had her Neo bf from XMen #100 who insisted she was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont remember if they have the X gene but at least they have something similar enough that High Evolutionary depowered them at the same time as mutants.

Yup then we also had her Neo bf from XMen #100 who insisted she was one of them.
    I think they were Homo Sapiens Superior , just stronger than the average.

Why Kitty cannot cross the portal should be something more complicated than we think. If she were not a mutant she could pass anyway accompanied by the arm of any other. If it were any other simple reason, Krakoa could tell Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

The dark face panel says it all. When have we ever seen Kitty threaten a kid before? Especially looking so ominous. She literally looks like she is about to eat him.
    How the face is drawn is technique used in manga/anime. It is playful devious look, It happens a when a person says something they shouldn't say and in the manga uses exaggerated devious look on person to let you know that person is really heated and is thinking about or might do something wicked. It is mostly used for comedy. It is pretty surprising to see it used in american comic. They are these visual cue that show up in Manga like Kitty's angry face or this one below which is used the about same way but for a person with glasses

Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-24-2019 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why Kitty cannot cross the portal should be something more complicated than we think. If she were not a mutant she could pass anyway accompanied by the arm of any other. If it were any other simple reason, Krakoa could tell Doug.
    Maybe Krakoa is TeamColossus.

Bobby wearing flip-flops made me laughed.

I swear hipsters think they invented everything, pomade dates back to 18th century nobility and was popular among men in the 18th century straight through today. The main ingredient used to be bear fat. It makes total sense Logan uses the stuff.

Pomade rant over feel free to make fun. lol