View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

87 43.28%
  • ★★★★

75 37.31%
  • ★★★

25 12.44%
  • ★★

8 3.98%
  • 6 2.99%
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    And then she would need to also rely on someone to leave the island? Also nightcrawler cannot teleport her to another continent.

Also, me and my roommate often drive to the same location in two separate cars. We could take one car. Why dont we? There are many reasons, social or not, and it does not hinge on how intimate we are.

ISnt magyk in space

(Mutant shouldnt be able to cross continents magically through x-gene powers anyway, its like if every telepath could control everyone on earth what is the point of writing a story even.)
    She had better options than stealing a boat in San Francisco is all I’m saying. It’s one example of several developments that just fell flat for me. It didn’t make much sense nor did it paint her friends in a very good light. If THAT was part of the story, I may’ve reacted differently. I’d have been pissed at Storm. You watch me break my nose on this portal you promised would lead me to paradise and then leave me without a way to get there? No, ma’am.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    That whole sailboat bit was cute but contrived to the point that it took me out of the story. They have jets, fliers, and teleporters. Two of Kitty’s closest friends are teleporters. Two of her other closest friends are not only fliers but can keep her aloft comfortably without even touching her.

I get the bit, but he didn’t sell it to me. It seemed more like Kitty doing whatever she had to do to get to the island rather than choosing a vision quest style journey to paradise. Why steal a boat when your speed dial is full of people who can get you there?

Lots of flimsy motivations and decisions for me, which is a little jarring coming off Hickman books where everything has weight and is either given sound reasoning or none at all, creating mystery.
    Kate specifically mentions in her journal that she doesn't want to be Illyana's "backpack". It's a point of pride for her.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I forgot about that. Wonder if that will ever be followed up on. I would love if Krakoa was just pissed at Kitty for something from the Wolverine and the X-Men days.
    Different Krakoa, I believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to ALL of this. considering Emma's history with ororo there is no reason she should have in wanting to work with her. she is a snake and cant be trusted.
    Yes. Fully agreed. I'm thrilled that Duggan follows up this aspect of their relationship. People don't need to necessarily like each other to do good work together.
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's probably a call back to X-Men Black where they were pretty angry at Emma for using the X-Men to get control over the Hellfire Club.

I was going to say IvX, but I think most of the current writers want to forget IvX even happened if possible.

I noticed a few things about Kitty (Kate) and Emma in this issue:
    • Emma is being pretty up front about everything, she isn't lying about trusting Kate, she appears to be bringing Kate all the way into the operations of the Hellfire Trading Company!
    • I think Emma and Kate were talking telepathically while Kate crossed the ocean because the beach astral plane scene seemed to imply that they were discussing this for a while.
    • I think Emma has an open telepathic link with Kate so Kate can contact her whenever she wants.
    • The whole time they were talking I had this funny thought that Emma is just happy that someone wants to play Hellfire Club with her at last. Like you finally found someone to play D&D with and you are super happy about it. Awe, Emma wants Kate to be her BFF!
    I really like the points you've made. Just to piggyback off you a bit, I think Emma may have been banking on Kate Pryde recruiting Storm to her side. It just makes too much sense. Kate easily deduced that Enna went to Storm first. Why wouldn't she go to her first? I think Emma would recognize her as a huge political chess piece to manipulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    That whole sailboat bit was cute but contrived to the point that it took me out of the story. They have jets, fliers, and teleporters. Two of Kitty’s closest friends are teleporters. Two of her other closest friends are not only fliers but can keep her aloft comfortably without even touching her.

I get the bit, but he didn’t sell it to me. It seemed more like Kitty doing whatever she had to do to get to the island rather than choosing a vision quest style journey to paradise. Why steal a boat when your speed dial is full of people who can get you there?

Lots of flimsy motivations and decisions for me, which is a little jarring coming off Hickman books where everything has weight and is either given sound reasoning or none at all, creating mystery.
    I totally get your points. I pulled different points of greatness that held me over. I enjoyed many of the character beats. I'm anxious to see how Duggan kicks things into overdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Yes. Fully agreed. I'm thrilled that Duggan follows up this aspect of their relationship. People don't need to necessarily like each other to do good work together.

I really like the points you've made. Just to piggyback off you a bit, I think Emma may have been banking on Kate Pryde recruiting Storm to her side. It just makes too much sense. Kate easily deduced that Enna went to Storm first. Why wouldn't she go to her first? I think Emma would recognize her as a huge political chess piece to manipulate.

I totally get your points. I pulled different points of greatness that held me over. I enjoyed many of the character beats. I'm anxious to see how Duggan kicks things into overdrive.
    I think that Ororo not trusting Emma right now is strange. Emma has literally helped make Krakoa a nation and she has good intentions. Xavier clearly trusts her a lot.

Kitty using a boat sounded like her wanting to show the X-Men she was independent. She acknowledged Illyana.

Emma's actions in the last few years have arguably kept mutants and their population growing.

From IvX and Secret Empire where she saved all of mutant kind of a cloud and Nazis to igniting the gene in Mothervine, dismantling the Hellfire Club and buying enough time for the X-Men in Rosenbergs run. Storm is smart enough to see the end call despite hurt feelings.

And after HoX 5 there shouldn't be any of this animosity. So we will hopefully see what is triggering Storm

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma was promised 3 seats and Hickman confirmed she is control over them. Storm doesn't need to stand she can sit as she was offered a seat
    Storm is Kitty's closest ally on that council. I dont see her allowing Emma to openly defy her wishes as she'd know what Kitty would want. Besides while Kitty cant be there in person, she can be there via telepathy or hologram, so Emma wouldnt need to vote on her behalf.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think that Ororo not trusting Emma right now is strange. Emma has literally helped make Krakoa a nation and she has good intentions. Xavier clearly trusts her a lot.

Kitty using a boat sounded like her wanting to show the X-Men she was independent. She acknowledged Illyana.
    Agreed on the Emma thing.

While Kitty did acknowledge Illyana, I still fail to see how stealing a boat is a better choice than asking your ride or dies to give you a lift. I won’t harp on it though because it was a cute bit even if it was nonsensical.

Shaky start; lots of promise.

Emma's actions in the last few years have arguably kept mutants and their population growing.

From IvX and Secret Empire where she saved all of mutant kind of a cloud and Nazis to igniting the gene in Mothervine, dismantling the Hellfire Club and buying enough time for the X-Men in Rosenbergs run. Storm is smart enough to see the end call despite hurt feelings.

And after HoX 5 there shouldn't be any of this animosity. So we will hopefully see what is triggering Storm
    Yeah she's been literally keeping them alive lol why hate her. Plus their relationship wasn't that bad while they were both in the X-Men. I think they lowkey liked each other but wouldn't admit it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm is Kitty's closest ally on that council. I dont see her allowing Emma to openly defy her wishes as she'd know what Kitty would want. Besides while Kitty cant be there in person, she can be there via telepathy or hologram, so Emma wouldnt need to vote on her behalf.
    Emma having 3 seats wouldn't be a plot point stressed by the head writer if it wasn't going to be revisted. For all we know Kitty can't be there even by astral projection.

Because you think they'd keep her in the loop during the celebrations in Hox5. Its kind of mean to celebrate without her

Emma will always be a frenemy of the X-Men. (Which is mostly ridiculous). If they X-Men didn't like her when she was Cyclops trophy girlfriend then they certainly won't now that she back to be HBIC.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Hooray, Duggan has saved Kate Pryde from Guggenheim!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I love that Kitty can't get into Krakoa, and all her friends are just like "Ok, bye. Good luck!"
    The Blackbird is at the garage getting new bucket seats or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The original is an Australian with an accent. Gugg's version was an American without one. The original also needs a flame source to manipulate (flamethrower on back) unlike the Gold one.
    I’ve heard that some Americans have an accent too. Some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

Kitty went full anime on us

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I cant believe they brought back kitty bring a NEO rember that. I called this when adamatium agenda said there was a xmen who wasent a mutant.
    I must have missed this, where was this confirmed in the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I must have missed this, where was this confirmed in the issue?
    It wasn't. People are speculating.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I mean even Gorgon was there celebrating and they left hee twiddling her thumbs on a boat.

What if Doug has purposely locked her out

I mean even Gorgon was there celebrating and they left hee twiddling her thumbs on a boat.

What if Doug has purposely locked her out
    Damn Doug doing that would be hilarious.