Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default jeph Loeb apparently out at marvel

https://www.cbr.com/report-jeph-loeb...el-television/

Saw him mentioned in the X-Men animation thread and here ya go. Never happy to see someone unemployed but happy he is out and hope he finds great success elsewhere
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I saw this too but I'm not sure how I feel about it, he seemed a big booster of both The Gifted and Legion, he was even wanting Gifted to possibly crossover with AoS at some point. Why are we celebrating his departure?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Thanks for the Netflix meals, dad.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I saw this too but I'm not sure how I feel about it, he seemed a big booster of both The Gifted and Legion, he was even wanting Gifted to possibly crossover with AoS at some point. Why are we celebrating his departure?
    Good riddance imo if I'm not being pc. Maybe finally marvel will really look like the world outside my windows.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good riddance imo if I'm not being pc. Maybe finally marvel will really look like the world outside my windows.
    ... Did you watch either show?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

... Did you watch either show?
    Yes I did watch the gifted. It was a good show. Agents of shield not so much a good show. But I still stand by it didn't look like outside my window. I'm just not going to turn another thread into a diversity thread I'm starting to get annoyed with myself lol. I'm glad he's gone and yeah that's pretty much it.

Personally with him out I feel we will get a wider breath of shows. Maybe a shuri TV show. Or another female lead series or more variety. I know that's important to what feige is trying to do.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-22-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The cartoon were apparently not good under his purview. I didn't watch them so I can't comment.

Legion was certainly good – but that's to Noah Hawley's credit, not Loeb's.

I felt like the Netflix shows were generally overrated.

Also, people here still remember how bad his Hulk, Ultimates 3, and Ultimatum were.

marvel TV have some hits, but the misses are complete bombs. He hired scott buck for Inhumans and Iron fist, they are the worse shows ever LOL

AOS, runaways and cloak$dagger are the best.

AoS lost me midway through the second season, when it went on break and Agent Carter aired. And then I liked Agent Carter so much more that I didn't feel like continuing with AoS.

Love Runaways though.

Daredevil = Two godly seasons, one ehhhhhh season
    Luke Cage = Two godly seasons
    Jessica Jones = Three godly seasons
    Iron Fist = One godly season, one "you okay, babe?" season
    Defenders = Okay
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    AoS lost me midway through the second season, when it went on break and Agent Carter aired. And then I liked Agent Carter so much more that I didn't feel like continuing with AoS.

Love Runaways though.
    For me 4 and 5 seasons were pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For me 4 and 5 seasons were pretty great.
    Season 6 was a hot mess. If not for netflix i wouldn't even have wasted the time.

The rest of those shows he picked the right show runner but i don't give him any credit.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Daredevil = Two godly seasons, one ehhhhhh season
    Luke Cage = Two godly seasons
    Jessica Jones = Three godly seasons
    Iron Fist = One godly season, one "you okay, babe?" season
    Defenders = Okay
    DD S2 would have been a lot better if they'd cut Elektra out. (Or, just done Elektra better, I suppose)

Honestly I got burnt out on the Netflix shows so I still haven't watched JJ S3, DD S3 or Punisher S2...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    DD S2 would have been a lot better if they'd cut Elektra out. (Or, just done Elektra better, I suppose)

Honestly I got burnt out on the Netflix shows so I still haven't watched JJ S3, DD S3 or Punisher S2...
    May be an unpopular opinion but S3 of jessica Jones wasn't that good as season 2. It was kind of repetitively tedious. If they cut out a bit of stuff and just made it 6 episodes it would have been astoundingly magical. But those meaingless hours dragged down the whole season.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    May be an unpopular opinion but S3 of jessica Jones wasn't that good as season 2. It was kind of repetitively tedious. If they cut out a bit of stuff and just made it 6 episodes it would have been astoundingly magical. But those meaingless hours dragged down the whole season.
    If you ask me, every season of Marvel Netflix could have done with losing at least three episodes.