Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    If Hulked out Superman had around PC Superman stats then that would make his faster than Norrin and strong enough to crush him into paste.
    Norrin has been board-ruled to be equivalent in speed to the Flash, and IIRC that's the Wally West Flash.

Other than his big "Break into the afterlife via sheer speed" feat (which IIRC was sheer travel speed and required Supes to continually accelerate in a straight line for a significant period of time) PC Supes has generally been depicted as neck-and-neck with the Barry Allen Flash as far as super-speed footraces (that require complex movement and therefore are more indicative of reaction speed) go. (And yes the "Those were for charity, Clark" quote and subsequent easy win is by Barry, but to post-Crisis Supes, so take that as you will.)

Wally > Barry. I'm not sure by how much, but overall that should quite easily put Norrin at a level where he can drain/transmute/etc. PC Superman and therefore Ban-el before either can do any crushing. If Wally >>> Barry, then Norrin can outright blitz PC Supes. If Barry's 'charity' is accpted as him being faster than PC Supes, then Norrin can also outright blitz PC Supes. If both, then it's a supremely casual blitz.

tl:dr; Norrin *fast,* yo.

Yes, but the Hulk's multiplier would also include his speed (which is regular human speed). And it's being multiplied by millions upon millions. Unless, we're talking about a statue Hulk that can't move.
    A Kryptonian who Hulks out would get Hulk like multipliers to strength/durability but still only be a little above light speed because that's how fast Kryptonians are in regards to reflexes and combat speeds.

If Banner only becomes a /little/ faster when he becomes the Hulk, why would a Kryptonian's light speed levels get boosted millions of times? Hulking out has negligible effects on speed. He would only be a tiny bit faster then regular Kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Norrin has been board-ruled to be equivalent in speed to the Flash, and IIRC that's the Wally West Flash.

Other than his big "Break into the afterlife via sheer speed" feat (which IIRC was sheer travel speed and required Supes to continually accelerate in a straight line for a significant period of time) PC Supes has generally been depicted as neck-and-neck with the Barry Allen Flash as far as super-speed footraces (that require complex movement and therefore are more indicative of reaction speed) go. (And yes the "Those were for charity, Clark" quote and subsequent easy win is by Barry, but to post-Crisis Supes, so take that as you will.)

Wally > Barry. I'm not sure by how much, but overall that should quite easily put Norrin at a level where he can drain/transmute/etc. PC Superman and therefore Ban-el before either can do any crushing. If Wally >>> Barry, then Norrin can outright blitz PC Supes. If Barry's 'charity' is accpted as him being faster than PC Supes, then Norrin can also outright blitz PC Supes. If both, then it's a supremely casual blitz.

tl:dr; Norrin *fast,* yo.
    Norrin is board ruled as fast as Post Crisis Wally. PC Barry was faster, as was PC Superman. Not that Banner-El would be that fast (he wouldn't - see above) but it's important to address.

Wally/Surfer/Gladiator are not as fast as PC Superman.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    A Kryptonian who Hulks out would get Hulk like multipliers to strength/durability but still only be a little above light speed because that's how fast Kryptonians are in regards to reflexes and combat speeds.

If Banner only becomes a /little/ faster when he becomes the Hulk, why would a Kryptonian's light speed levels get boosted millions of times? Hulking out has negligible effects on speed. He would only be a tiny bit faster then regular Kryptonians.

I still disagree but it looks like we're going in circles so I'll concede the point...for now...maybe

I still disagree but it looks like we're going in circles so I'll concede the point...for now...maybe
    Retreat is for the weak! Onward Slade1!! Too battle!!1!

How much faster do you think becoming the Hulk makes Bruce Banner?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean in some versions it makes him mentally slower. So.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fine, lets do this. Ok, the OP said the characteristics are multiplied when he hulks out by the same factor between a human and Superman. So how much more powerful is Superman vs a human; how many millions? Lets say you took an average human and increased all stats by 20 million his speed would be insane. The average human speed is roughly 30-35/kms / hour. If you multiply that by 20 million...well that's a lot of zeroes. Put that on top of Superman already crazy speed and you get the point. Now, thinking about it a bit more, I don't think it would put him in the PC Superman category but it would still make him faster than he is now.

Fine, lets do this. Ok, the OP said the characteristics are multiplied when he hulks out by the same factor between a human and Superman. So how much more powerful is Superman vs a human; how many millions? Lets say you took an average human and increased all stats by 20 million his speed would be insane. The average human speed is roughly 30-35/kms / hour. If you multiply that by 20 million...well that's a lot of zeroes. Put that on top of Superman already crazy speed and you get the point. Now, thinking about it a bit more, I don't think it would put him in the PC Superman category but it would still make him faster than he is now.
    What it says is that when he hulks out, the Hulk characteristics are multiplied by the same factor as a human to Superman.

So if you multiply Hulk’s strength and durability by the same factor as Superman is to a human, that’s huge. Because Hulk to human is also already a massive multiplier.

Hulk to human SPEED is much, much less of a multiplier (although he is slightly quicker), so the Superman ratio makes SuperHulk only slightly quicker than Superman.

Think of the equation as follows, but done on each characteristic individually:

SuperHulk Strength = Hulk Strength x (Superman strength / Human strength)
    SuperHulk Durability = Hulk Durability x (Superman durability / Human durability)
    SuperHulk Speed = Hulk Speed x (Superman speed / Human speed)
    etc.

The fact that it starts with the Hulk stat matters here. Hulk has massively superhuman strength and durability so it’s ‘Superman times a big number’ and the end number is huge. Hulk’s speed is only slightly faster than human, so the end result is ‘Superman times a small number’.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What it says is that when he hulks out, the Hulk characteristics are multiplied by the same factor as a human to Superman.

So if you multiply Hulk’s strength and durability by the same factor as Superman is to a human, that’s huge. Because Hulk to human is also already a massive multiplier.

Hulk to human SPEED is much, much less of a multiplier (although he is slightly quicker), so the Superman ratio makes SuperHulk only slightly quicker than Superman.

Think of the equation as follows, but done on each characteristic individually:

SuperHulk Strength = Hulk Strength x (Superman strength / Human strength)
    SuperHulk Durability = Hulk Durability x (Superman durability / Human durability)
    SuperHulk Speed = Hulk Speed x (Superman speed / Human speed)
    etc.

The fact that it starts with the Hulk stat matters here. Hulk has massively superhuman strength and durability so it’s ‘Superman times a big number’ and the end number is huge. Hulk’s speed is only slightly faster than human, so the end result is ‘Superman times a small number’.
    Ok, this makes sense to me.