Default Twins and their Space-Monkey Rumble...

Twins and their Space-Monkey Rumble...

Jan, Jace & Blip: Flight, invisibility/stealth, force-field, add some basic ghost-power-band weaponry; laser, heat and freezing ray.

Zan, Jayna & Gleek: Standard morphing powers, although have them use them slightly more intelligently
    (Gleek has infinite-prehensile tail (although can be a liability).

Jaina, Jacen and fellow Legends Jedi Academy trainee Lowie; Basic young academy Jedi force skills and sabers (force pull, cloud weak minds, speed, agility, deflection.

Who wins!?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-23-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

I don't really know jack about Jaina and Jacen, but assuming they have skills even remotely comparable to Trilogy Luke or Ep. 1 Obi-Wan, I think they take it. I'm also assuming the Wonder Twins are the classic Super Friends versions, including the feats from the old Super Friends-era comics, because I have no idea what DC is doing with them currently.

Zan and Jayna bite it first - the others *cannot* afford to let them transform, or they win, (Bloodlusted, Jayna can (and IIRC *has*) turn into Pre-Crisis Kryptonian wildlife with all the stupid brokenness that entails, and Zan can do insanely ridiculous tricks with his water forms. IIRC, the dude has turned into complex machinery made of ice, thunderstorms, tidal waves, etc. and controls the temperature and size of his forms, allowing him to, say, become an arena-sized cloud of superheated steam capable of boiling the rest instantly.) but the Space Ghost trio have ranged weaponry, and Jaina and Jacen can probably cross the intervening space and blitz with lightsabers to off them before they can do the "Wonder Twin Powers: Activate!" schtick, so they're dead before they can become unstoppable.

Anyways, with the Wonder Twins and Gleek out of the picture, you have a trio of invisible people with assorted lasers vs. a trio of empathic precognitives who can thereby detect invisible people and have swords that can reflect lasers. If the Jedi trainees can figure out what to use Force telekinesis on to turn off the force fields, or pull off a mind whammy, they should steamroll the Space Ghost trio.

Wasn't sure this match-up would get a reply, and actually such a well thought out one.
    Was honestly celebrating the twin Ja.. / ...an recurring quirk with these, but there was a legit fight there.
    The contrast between the Wonder Twins at normal, vs powered-up makes a pretty substantial difference., as you indicate.
    Also as shown they do take a minute to decide what they are actually going to morph into, so could be vulnerable to blitz.

How are "transforming" powers usually handled? Like the SHAZAMILY, He-Man, Power-Rangers, etc. do they come in transformed? Or as civilians?
    I'd imagine everyone is represented already at power, or what's the point.
    However the Wonder Twins do have the nuance that their transform isn't to one default, so it becomes something specific to the task., and as you describe that can take many arbitrary forms.
    From the worst choice, to the best, the ones you describe are pretty decisively amped-up.

I guess for the most compelling fight you'd have them pre-transformed, yet as something compatible with the others?

Also (though Ross has Gleek fierced-out in that portrait) are we just sidestepping the Gleek is more a liability factor?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-28-2019 at 11:11 AM.