Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Columbo (I'm counting it)
    Hill Street Blues
    Cheers
    ST-DS9
    Barney Miller
    The Carol Burnett Show

TNG, DS9, VOY... but as a kid, Trek could do no wrong for me. I even liked the sillier episodes.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I'm actually watching much of DS9 right now on Netflix for the first time. I'd seen some episodes from seasons 1-3 back in the day but never anything after. I've heard so much about the Dominion War that I decided to go back and do the series. I initially thought I'd try and do all the episodes but I found quickly that a lot of the episodes are pretty generic and some aren't good. So I'm currently just hitting up the recommended Dominion War episodes in the first two seasons. Come season 3, when it apparently really kicks, off I'll see about doing them all.
    There's a lot of skippable episodes on that show. Each season has good episodes, and while they might not matter to the bigger picture, they add to the characters.

I skip all the ferengi episodes. ha!

Retired

The Ferengi are key for me. Quark is the star of DS9. It's Casablanca in Space and he's Rick.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

PSYCH. I don't know if there's a single episode I don't find enjoyable.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah, I'd include Columbo if it counts.

And Murdoch Mysteries (forgot about it).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The Ferengi are key for me. Quark is the star of DS9. It's Casablanca in Space and he's Rick.
    I like them in the context of DS9. Quark is essential. It’s the episodes that focus solely on the Ferengi that I dislike. Profit and Lace comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I wanted to say Mystery Science Theater 3000... but Pearl Forester and Bobo really, REALLY killed the series for me. after Trace Beaulieu AND Frank Conniff left the old MST3k really nose-dived for me. I would just skip through the skits and watch the films. but, after awhile, I just couldn't be bothered with it.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm never gonna tell someone that they should like what I like, but I really found it endearing that the Jonah era brought back Pearl, Bobo, and Observer. Sure, they're in measured doses, but they ended up playing rather important roles in the arc (as loose as it was, of course), and it was a big move on Joel's part to honor the Mike era that way, even though Joel had almost nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I loved the first three seasons. But when Don & Betty split and they started the new company, it just never was as good after that IMO. And I hated Megan.
    In fairness, I don't think anyone was supposed to like Megan, including everyone else other than Don. His co-workers and Sally both disliked her.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely Mary Tyler Moore

You would think the show would go down in quality when Rhoda left, but those three final seasons are superb. If anything, it got funnier with the addition of Sue Ann Nivens (the amazing Betty White).

Forgot Stargate. I even liked the Farscapers and the Ori.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I continued to like all the seasons of MST3K despite the eventual departure of every original cast member. Yes, I even liked the Pearl Forrester years... I thought Bobo and Brain Guy were hilarious. I was skeptical about the Netflix relaunch, even though I backed it... but after a slightly bumpy first episode I'm now all on board with that, too.

Mighty Member

Blues Clues never made it past 6 seasons... and although I didn't like Joe even half as much as I liked Steve Burns.... I never saw a truly bad episode. can't say that I was won over by the spin-offs like "Blue's Room", though!

but with the original Blues Clues, with Steve Burns, it's almost like the carefully crafted and thoughtful work dedicated to the amusement and growth of children I originally saw in Fred Rogers had been passed on to another generation.

and although I couldn't have possible watched every season of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" I can't think of an episdoe I watched that I didn't enjoy... even when I went back and watched a few episodes randomly in my teens and 20s. there was just something about Fred Rogers that I thought was cool. he was like that kind-hearted neighbor that I never had. and things that escaped my notice became more interesting later on... like, after I started studying classic music in college, it finally occurred to me that Mr. Rogers was actually a pretty good pianist and had a knack for getting fantastic musicians on his show.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    PSYCH. I don't know if there's a single episode I don't find enjoyable.
    It's such an underrated show. The dialogue is hilarious. Well-developed characters. The actors obviously had a blast. I didn't watch it much when it aired, but fortunately it's on Amazon
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I had dropped cable before psych and Monk, but I'm grateful for syndication.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

how could I forget Monk. Ran for 8 seasons.