Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Night Court Cheers and Frasier come to mind.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

So far no one likes Mad Men?

Supernatural

South Park

Would like to include Buffy but season one is really bad. I can't believe the show ever got renewed based on how bad it was. I feel lucky that I didn't start watching til season 3 and only later worked my way back to season one because its cringe inducing. Contrary to what someone else said above I think season six is its best. Great story arc with Buffy and Willow over the course of the whole season and had some of the best episodes of the entire series.

If it keeps up next season, I would say Agents of Shield.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Trying to remember how many series actually had seven seasons is the challenge. A lot of my favourite series just miss the cut. And it seems like those that went the distance lost their way right toward the end. I recall that while always great TV, THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW lost some of its momentum toward the end, especially with the loss of Don Knotts. But I think these held up for the duration--

THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW
    SEINFELD
    COLUMBO (arguable if this counts)
    MONK
    THE MENTALIST
    PERRY MASON
    MURDOCH MYSTERIES (still going, hope they stick the landing)
    THE LITTLEST HOBO (not that I've seen every episode, but it was always something you could turn on and be sure of getting a great little tale)
    GILMORE GIRLS (but not counting "A Year in the Life")

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    So far no one likes Mad Men?
    I loved the first three seasons. But when Don & Betty split and they started the new company, it just never was as good after that IMO. And I hated Megan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Night Court Cheers and Frasier come to mind.
    Barney Miller is another one of that era that comes to mind.

Law & Order Original Flavor, SVU, and Criminal Intent. For CI, I loved the two seaons that had Jeff Goldblum.

Spectacular Member

Star Trek: Deep Space 9 is probably my best example. I grew up watching that first run, and while the first couple seasons were mostly enjoyable with a few outstanding entries ("Duet" was probably the first episode that made pre-teen me really stand up and pay attention), it just got better and better once the Dominion War went full swing.

Star Trek the Next Generation is probably close by virtue of me going against popular opinion and not disliking the first couple seasons (I at least enjoy how 80's those seasons were and some of the camp. Season 2 at least has "Measure of a Man" and I can tolerate "Shades of Gray"). I guess I also liked every season of "Voyager" too, just not into it in the same intensity as the other two series I named.

Incredible Member

Big Bang Theory and Friends .

I almost said Arrow, but I hate S3.

I could say Supernatural, but S10 bored me a lot.

Deep Space Nine, definitely. Yes, the first two seasons are not as good, but there are a bunch of great episodes in each. Frankly none of the seasons bat 1.000, but that's just the nature of 26 episode seasons. There has to be some filler somewhere. I debated whether or not to include TNG. I actually really like most of the first season, but the second and seventh season are tough to get through. Season 2 had Measure of a Man, which is probably my favorite episode of the entire show, but the rest is a big slog.

Mad Men, my favorite show of all time. Feels like I'm kind of cheating, because the seasons are shorter than a lot of the shows being mentioned. Only 92 episodes as opposed to Deep Space Nines 176. But the whole journey of that show is special to me. From Season 1 to Season 7, the arc that Don Draper goes on is spectacular and most everything that happens feels 100% earned. I can't imagine seeing a character study capture my imagination the way this show did and I try to rewatch at least once every couple of years.

Parks and Rec. Probably my favorite comedy show ever (Although it might be overtaken if The Good Place ends on a high note). A lot of people really hate the first season, but I think there's a lot to like in it and would call the last three episodes good with the last one being great. Each episode has at least one genuinely funny moment, which is not bad for a 20 minute comedy show.
    Last edited by C_Miller; 10-24-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9 is probably my best example. I grew up watching that first run, and while the first couple seasons were mostly enjoyable with a few outstanding entries ("Duet" was probably the first episode that made pre-teen me really stand up and pay attention), it just got better and better once the Dominion War went full swing.
    I'm actually watching much of DS9 right now on Netflix for the first time. I'd seen some episodes from seasons 1-3 back in the day but never anything after. I've heard so much about the Dominion War that I decided to go back and do the series. I initially thought I'd try and do all the episodes but I found quickly that a lot of the episodes are pretty generic and some aren't good. So I'm currently just hitting up the recommended Dominion War episodes in the first two seasons. Come season 3, when it apparently really kicks, off I'll see about doing them all.

Cheers
    Friends
    Golden Girls
    Will & Grace
    Superfriends
    Smallville
    Mary Tyler Moore Show
    Happy Days

I'm sure I'll think of others.

I suspect that any show that I actually watched all the seasons was one I liked all the way through. There were exceptions like Dynasty where I watched Season 6 (the aftermath of Moldavia and that painful Krystle-double story that dragged on for months) even though I wasn't liking a lot of it. Unfortunately, All in the Family is another where Season 9 (without Mike & Gloria) generally sucked, but I kept watching.

Liked every season there is alot but liked every episode I dont know.