Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default I now own my prized Hellboy comic

It took me many years of being patient and looking for that specific comic, but I finally found it and pulled the trigger.

The lighting does not do it justice at all. The colors are amazing and vibrant.

I'm so pumped and thrilled to have this comic slabbed.

I'm still going to hang onto my raw copy but this one is now my prized Hellboy comic. All of my collection as well.

Does anyone here have any Hellboy slabbed comics or the earlier concept issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Whovian; 10-23-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

That is actually one of the few Hellboy comics I do not own. I feel like I need a few goals to keep striving for. My copy of San Diego Comic Con Comics #2 is signed by Mignola, so that would be the earliest Hellboy concept issue I have. I pretty much have all the other Hellboy (and Mignola-verse) comics as well as all the variant issues (yes, even The Fury #3).

I do not slab any of my comics. I prefer to pull them out and read them (although I do treat them with a lot of care). I do have a couple in display frames just because I like to look at the cover art.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    That is actually one of the few Hellboy comics I do not own. I feel like I need a few goals to keep striving for. My copy of San Diego Comic Con Comics #2 is signed by Mignola, so that would be the earliest Hellboy concept issue I have. I pretty much have all the other Hellboy (and Mignola-verse) comics as well as all the variant issues (yes, even The Fury #3).
    I need this one and Dime Press to complete my collection, but that won't happen for a while. Also, I have never met Mike and REALLY want to meet him someday. I live in the Midwest so it's hard to get over to the coasts for the big cons. Some day I will go to the SDCC.

I like getting key books slabbed like this one, but I also buy the trades, so I can read the issues.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nice book! These are my slabbed Hellboy comics.

20170615_142442_cropped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Nice book! These are my slabbed Hellboy comics.

20170615_142442_cropped.jpg
    WOW! Those are super cool! Dime Press is signed too! I love the Hellboy sketch cover

All-New Member

...I first fell in love with this cover when I saw it advertised on a promo poster. All those years ago, I wondered about why the red goggles on the cover characters head...….Well, now we know...Faith the issue for me has some of the best panels even to this day. Thanks Mr Byrne and Mr Mignola..

Quote Originally Posted by 9th View Post
    ...I first fell in love with this cover when I saw it advertised on a promo poster. All those years ago, I wondered about why the red goggles on the cover characters head...….Well, now we know...Faith the issue for me has some of the best panels even to this day. Thanks Mr Byrne and Mr Mignola..
    It truly is one of the best covers!

You guys seem like true fans.
    Top 5 Hellboy covers?