Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    My only familiarity with Vissagio is her Dazzler oneshot where mutants were a metaphor for LGBs who hate Ts.
    Oh my, you just gave me weird flashbacks. Was that during the Inhuman mess? And mutants were big baddies while Inhumans were being discriminated?

Edit: yes it was lol sorry, I skipped a whole page of this thread somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh my, you just gave me weird flashbacks. Was that during the Inhuman mess? And mutants were big baddies while Inhumans were being discriminated?

Edit: yes it was lol sorry, I skipped a whole page of this thread somehow.
    It came out in the summer of 2018, well after the Inhumans mess (even its original release in late 2017 would’ve put it after the push ended).

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    More like he's salty about being brought on as a gay dude to write newly-out Iceman's journey of self-discovery, then the editor that brought him on was sacked, and he got saddled with someone who kept nit-picking him not to make it "too gay", not to do x, not to do y, suddenly being told that characters at Marvel can't directly reference sex, etc. Seeing a straight guy (apparently) getting more leeway to do innuendo with the same character you got hobbled on has got to grate.

All that said, I do wish he'd let it go. Sounds like he had a shitty time of it with Marvel and he knew he was burning his bridges when he tweeted about it after-the-fact. Fair enough. But taking swipes at specific writers and books doesn't do anything except feed Twitter drama.
    Sina was micromanaged. I don't even feel confortable to judge the qualitywith that in mind, it was probably not fun to write these books

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

The truth. This was a fairly PC statement I think. I loved Grace's Iceman solo and particularly the inclusion of Christian Frost proves his solo was actually quite relevant and added to the X-Mythos.
    I ti sgood that he left his mark on x-books, even if majortiy of readers doesn't know

BANNED

My only familiarity with Vissagio is her Dazzler oneshot where mutants were a metaphor for LGBs who hate Ts.
    Wait, what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Wait, what?
    It was a one-shot where mutants were terrorizing Dazzler's Inhuman fans, claiming they didn't belong in the community.

BANNED

It was a one-shot where mutants were terrorizing Dazzler's Inhuman fans, claiming they didn't belong in the community.
    This sounds like some good cringe. Sina's posts are embarassing tbh.

BANNED

It's worth a read for the lulz.

BANNED

I have a lot of sympathy for a gay writer straining to fit into a corporate box, but this is not the way to get more work. They would've almost certainly given him something else if nothing else to shore up their progressive bonafides.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I have a lot of sympathy for a gay writer straining to fit into a corporate box, but this is not the way to get more work. They would've almost certainly given him something else if nothing else to shore up their progressive bonafides.
    If he had a chance to write something, he wouldn't blow with the "akira yoshida" thing

BANNED

I mean yeah, i do sympathize with him, but he's hardly the first comic book writer to be met with editorial interference. That's kind of par for the course and doubly so with a Marvel comic. I would expect a professional writer to be able to accept reality, even the unsavory parts...rather than attempting to shade his former employer on social media like an embarassing child.

IIRC, Sina said that he kept being told they were going to find him something more to do, but, outside of a one-off, work never materialized. So I don't think he had any reason to think that was going to change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    IIRC, Sina said that he kept being told they were going to find him something more to do, but, outside of a one-off, work never materialized. So I don't think he had any reason to think that was going to change.
    It also hasn’t been that long. I hardly think Marvel is some wonderful corporate playground - we know better going back to Priest’s early days, let alone the pre-Image 90s or Stan and Jack - but showing out about the joint online is a good way to get iced out sooner than later.

BANNED

They should be embarrassing for Marvel. He was treated like shit and left to fend for himself, and Cebulski gets more awful every day.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Who's the old Nemesis? Since pretty much everyone is living on the island already, has to be Nimrod or Master Mold, right?
    Is Stryfe still out there? He has the power and motivation to take it to Summers house. Or maybe Maddie is back?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

DOCTOR STRANGE: THE END #1
    LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • FILIPE ANDRADE (A) • Cover by RAHZZAH
    Variant cover by FILIPE ANDRADE
    THE FINAL DOCTOR STRANGE STORY!
    The Sorcerer Supreme makes his final journey through a cyberpunk sprawl that forgot about magic! Reteaming the critically-acclaimed creative team of LEAH WILLIAMS (GWENPOOL STRIKES BACK) and FILIPE ANDRADE (ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: IMMORTAL HULK)!
    40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

Yana will probably be in this, right?

I wouldn't really call them an old nemesis, but the X-Men solicit might be referring to the Children of the Vault.