Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    My only familiarity with Vissagio is her Dazzler oneshot where mutants were a metaphor for LGBs who hate Ts.
    I hated that so much. Mutants were literally being gassed to death because of the Inhumans and she decided to write them as the oppressors? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I hated that so much. Mutants were literally being gassed to death because of the Inhumans and she decided to write them as the oppressors? Ridiculous.
    But Wiccan, it was only a "peanut allergy"...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    My only familiarity with Vissagio is her Dazzler oneshot where mutants were a metaphor for LGBs who hate Ts.
    Yeah it was pretty bad. Only for Dazzler to “Peace. Love. Unity. All Lives Matter!” the whole thing in a metaphor that should’ve been handled way better

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "cebulski poo poo" is actually a strategically sound vertical career move.
    CB: thank you for reminding me that i did yellowface for several years. heres iceman vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah it was pretty bad. Only for Dazzler to “Peace. Love. Unity. All Lives Matter!” the whole thing in a metaphor that should’ve been handled way better

CB: thank you for reminding me that i did yellowface for several years. heres iceman vol 3
    Oh lord, did she really say "All Lives Matter". Oh dear lord...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Oh lord, did she really say "All Lives Matter". Oh dear lord...
    No, she didn’t say it verbatim (thank krakoa). But from an in-universe context, she throws out the trauma that the mutants in the issue may have had so it can be a “great and comfortable” place for everyone.

BANNED

And she was gaslighting people on Twitter saying there was no metaphor intended in the issue and they were just seeing things.

And she was gaslighting people on Twitter saying there was no metaphor intended in the issue and they were just seeing things.
    Well, isn't that the textbook definition of classy? Fantastic...

BANNED

No surprises here. I think comics Twitter thinks of her the same they were thinking of Chelsea Cain a couple of months ago.

I do wonder if Grace would have been called to do something else, had he stayed after Iceman was done. Probably not anything X-Men related, though, since I doubt he would feel like he fit on the whole synchrony they're trying to implement in the books.

https://twitter.com/sinagrace/status...226997760?s=21

Gah damn. I would feel worse if he and Mags Vissagio didn’t try to shit on the X-Men working as a metaphor for racial minorities.
    When did they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    When did they do that?
    https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/0...from-flamecon/

Thanks.

10 char

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    But Jean didn't went dark phoenix because of her personal issues
    Firstly, of course she did. Why do you think the DPS is such a nightmare to adapt?

Secondly, totally not the point. The issue is with Robert Drake of all freakin' people whining about it.

No, she didn’t say it verbatim (thank krakoa). But from an in-universe context, she throws out the trauma that the mutants in the issue may have had so it can be a “great and comfortable” place for everyone.
    Bonus points for the evil mutant Haterz all having visible mutations, too.

Sina Grace is salty over a character he didn't even create being used by another writer? Lol, welcome to comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Sina Grace is salty over a character he didn't even create being used by another writer? Lol, welcome to comics.
    More like he's salty about being brought on as a gay dude to write newly-out Iceman's journey of self-discovery, then the editor that brought him on was sacked, and he got saddled with someone who kept nit-picking him not to make it "too gay", not to do x, not to do y, suddenly being told that characters at Marvel can't directly reference sex, etc. Seeing a straight guy (apparently) getting more leeway to do innuendo with the same character you got hobbled on has got to grate.

All that said, I do wish he'd let it go. Sounds like he had a shitty time of it with Marvel and he knew he was burning his bridges when he tweeted about it after-the-fact. Fair enough. But taking swipes at specific writers and books doesn't do anything except feed Twitter drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    They never should’ve greenlit legacy characters of mutants who editorial (and perhaps creatives) knew were coming back IMO.
    100%

I hope you realize that nothing in X-Tremists between Bobby and the others was meant to be read as romantic. He didn’t even want anything permanent with Simon, Northstar is married, and Rictor is already with Shattybuns (besides a Rictor/Iceman relationship is weird).
    That's what was really great about The X-Tremist it was a really positive portrayal of the friendship between gay men.

The truth. This was a fairly PC statement I think. I loved Grace's Iceman solo and particularly the inclusion of Christian Frost proves his solo was actually quite relevant and added to the X-Mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    More like he's salty about being brought on as a gay dude to write newly-out Iceman's journey of self-discovery, then the editor that brought him on was sacked, and he got saddled with someone who kept nit-picking him not to make it "too gay", not to do x, not to do y, suddenly being told that characters at Marvel can't directly reference sex, etc. Seeing a straight guy (apparently) getting more leeway to do innuendo with the same character you got hobbled on has got to grate.

All that said, I do wish he'd let it go. Sounds like he had a shitty time of it with Marvel and he knew he was burning his bridges when he tweeted about it after-the-fact. Fair enough. But taking swipes at specific writers and books doesn't do anything except feed Twitter drama.
    Honestly I may not be reading X-Men or comics at all if it hadn't been for Grace's Iceman. Its be the only interesting thing to happen in the editorial mandated "nothing can change till Hickman" era.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/