Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Marvel January 2020 Solicitations

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...-january-2020/

Wow, aside from Guardians, Ms. Marvel, Miles, New Mutants and Runaways, I've never been so unhyped for a solcitis in a long time.

So much minis. So little things to be hyped about. IM 2020 will depend on how Stark ends so maybe that'll get added at some point.

Doesn't help that there's no surprises. Most of it was revealed either at NYCC or in the last couple of days.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We did it, guys. We've defeated Conan.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Only one Fantastic Four related book (and the Doom solo). Feels bad man.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Good news: The Scarlet Witch is finally in something for the first time since April 2019. Bad news: It's a miniseries set in the past (and why call it "Tarot" instead of "Avengers/Defenders?")

Marvel is just pretty dismal at keeping characters "employed" these days if they're not in the X-Men or Spider-Man. So it's not only my favorite character who's MIA for a long time, of course.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Dang, Marvel's teen line is just down to Miles, Kamala and Runaways. Feels bad man.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, we need more books. In the last few months we've lost Champions, Unstoppable Wasp, Ironheart, West Coast Avengers, Future Foundation, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Ironheart is getting a 2020 mini in May, but we do need more than that. I expect Champions to relaunch at some point (we know there's plans for the teens), and Moon Girl will probably relaunch in time for her cartoon starting. Young Avengers is rumoured as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if a new Squirrel Girl book came along at some point too. Being down to four titles (Ghost-Spider being the fourth one) is surely not a long term state of affairs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So excited by all the Cap! Marvel is really going after my pocketbook in January.

Banking on Ravencroft minis and Wasteland Avengers is so idiotic to me. I wonder if things will get clearer once the one shots stop and X Men calms double shipping.

Mostly New/Old Stuff:
    TRUE BELIEVERS: THE CRIMINALLY INSANE – BULLSEYE #1
    INCREDIBLE HULK #180 FACSIMILE EDITION
    FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #6 FACSIMILE EDITION
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE SECRET OF THE PETRIFIED TABLET TPB
    MARVELS X #1 (OF 6)

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Pretty interesting that the new IH arc seems pretty stand-alone, besides the whole "end the human world" plot.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Really excited for the GotG and Thor relaunches. Happy to see a second Immortal Hulk OHC.

Is Scream: Curse of Carnage an ongoing?

It looks like Iron Man is no longer in the Avengers lineup.
    There is much to enjoy for a fan of Black Widow.
    I don't think this new version of Star Wars will do as well since Han Solo isn't in it.

Thoughts:

- I'm actually cautiously excited for Cates' Thor run. It's nice to see Thor looking like Thor again and it looks like we're going really cosmic with it.

- "Once, they were a team of misfits." Well, yeah, but before that they were strikeforce...although I guess they were still misfits. "but who will accept the mission?" Pretty much the same people who did it before, it turns out .

- Cammi and Cosmic Ghost Rider? There's a random pairing.

- Didn't we just do an Iron Man replacement story? And isn't this just Slott repeating himself from Superior to some degree? I'm also not crazy about the 2020 Iron Man armor .

- I like Ravencroft but I'm not sure it needs such a major push unless Marvel is really planning to make it their Arkham Asylum equivalent.

- Was not expecting the return of "The End," though some of the stories look interesting.

- Was anyone really asking for a Star mini-series? I get Thompson is planning to expand her run and a new major villain for Carol, so I get that, but she's only been around for five minutes...

- What's Marvel doing publishing a Swamp Thing book with that Weapon Plus one-shot?

- Looks like they're finally bringing the dark saga of the Wastelands to a close, not that I expect it will stop "Old Man _____" storylines from being told.

- A surprise Avengers/Defenders mini with classic rosters is a nice treat. Diablo is an unexpected but welcome villain choice as well.

- Jessica Jones didn't really suck as a Superhero. She was a rookie, but she seemed fine up until she ran into the Purple Man, and he gives most major heroes trouble.

- Does Black Widow really need a War Machine armor? Then again, Aaron thought putting Odin in an armor was a good idea, so..."Rule of Cool." And what's with that She-Hulk costume ?

- Looks like they're finally doing something with Ronin post-Endgame. I liked how Rosenberg wrote Clint enough in Tales of Suspense to at least be cautiously optimistic for a new Clint mini, although I'm not a major fan of The Hood. I hope Kate isn't in it.

- Agents of Atlantis vs. Atlantis? Sounds like some of the team will turn traitor and help Namor.

- So there was a "Hulk" before the actual Hulk? Knowing Ewing, he's probably mining obscure Marvel continuity. Spider-Man Hulk is so random though.

- Sounds like the "Steve Rogers on the run" storyline is coming to a climax. Will we get to finally see him as Captain America again?

- The Wrecker being able to bend reality? I guess it was about time he got an upgrade. Although doesn't seem like Strange is doing much surgery...

- Considering how unhelpful the spirits of the past Black Panther's have been...I don't think T'Challa should feel too bad about getting rid of them.

- T'Challa and Wade, reunited again! And count on Zub to be the one to remember Livewires, of all things.

- Deadpool vs. NuKraven? Will this be his first proper appearance post-Hunted?

- I recognize every doctor on that Valkyrie cover aside from the guy on the bottom left. Saving Death though? I'm not expecting that to end well.

- Matt and Elektra working together again? I can't see that not ending in something sexy.

- Wanna bet Gert finds out something insidious about Doc Justice while she's sitting at home?

- So now the Star Wars books have finally hit the post-Empire Strikes Back period, which gives them plenty of freedom to mine for stories, and I trust Soule to make something really interesting out of it.

BANNED

Looks like a good month. Not as crazy as some recent ones but that's fine. After Absolute Carnage and the X-Men relaunch, I could use a more low-key month to settle down.

Still plenty of cool stuff, though. I'm hyped for the new Avengers arc. Sounds fun. The just-completed GR arc was decent but if I wasn't a GR fan I would have been underwhelmed. The Avengers could use a more Avenger-y storyline after that Hell-centric one.

Also, can't wait to see what Ewing does with GotG and Cates and Thor should be fun. And I'm all in on the goofy awesomeness of Man-Slaughter.