Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Coates winter king seems a poor substitute for Ymir.
    I think I have had enough of Ghost Rider racing everyone. I wonder if anymore street levelers will be doing the armor. Here comes War Devil the machine man without fear. It's eerie how Brood Thor looks exactly like Beta Ray Bill.
    Man Slaughter sounds like something out of the nineties. At least he isn't being turned into a paranoid environmental loving survivalist who guards his swamp with his vast arsenal.
    Dr Strange facing the Wrecker after his damaged hands have been healed from his car wreck seems symbolic.I guess he will be especially fearful of losing/damaging his hands again in combat or reality altering shenanigans.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

DareMachine
    WarDevil
    lol

What the hell is going on in Savage Avengers? Why are they rehashing Atlantis Attacks?
    "Cable was right!"

X-Men and Immortal Hulk for me. I'll wait for Comixology to put have a future sale and pick up a lot of this stuff in cheap trades (the rest of the Dawn of X line, ASM, Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, Thor) but there's just not a whole lot I need to pick up right away.

Oh yeah, and Ennis' Punisher.

So uninspired, uninteresting and boring

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It looks like Iron Man is no longer in the Avengers lineup.
    Yeah, he's already gone. Read the ending of this week's issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Only one Fantastic Four related book (and the Doom solo). Feels bad man.
    Considering that for the next eight weeks, we're getting at least one FF book a week, I don't think a sparse January is anything to worry about. 12 books in the next two months and two after that in January (counting Doom, which, come on, makes sense).

30-Oct FANTASTIC FOUR GRAND DESIGN #1 (OF 2)
    INVISIBLE WOMAN #4

6-Nov DOCTOR DOOM #2
    FANTASTIC FOUR #661

13-Nov FUTURE FOUNDATION #4

20-Nov FANTASTIC FOUR 2099 #1

27-Nov FANTASTIC FOUR GRAND DESIGN #2 (OF 2)
    FANTASTIC FOUR: NEGATIVE ZONE #1
    INVISIBLE WOMAN #5

4-Dec DOCTOR DOOM #3

11-Dec FANTASTIC FOUR #662

18-Dec FUTURE FOUNDATION #5

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So uninspired, uninteresting and boring
    There have been worse eras for Marvel (like another management shakeup year, 2000: also uninspired with a ton of miniseries, but the X-Men line was mostly terrible), but few eras that had as little to interest me. At least a few years ago during the Axel Alonso era, while weak in bread-and-butter superhero comics, had some interesting alternative approaches.

I can't believe we're now going to have to pin our hopes on Kevin Feige to save the part of Marvel comics that isn't X-Men related. I mean, things might get better once the new management structure in place but there's no reason to believe they won't get worse.

Best-case scenario is they look at the X-Men line and see what can be achieved if you invest a lot of money and resources in promotion on a part of the line, and do that for everything instead of just the X-Men (now) or the Avengers (a few years ago).

Worst-case scenario is... basically now, but with the bloom off the rose for the X-line two or three years down the road.

I can get excited for our one actual Avengers ongoing again, God Ewing is coming to save everything Cosmic, X-Men stuff is done laying groundwork, and I'm about to be flooded in Iron Man content. This is already a massive improvement over 2019. Even if they did kill a lot of books I really liked, the main spine of the line looks better.

And Spider-Man exists.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Considering that for the next eight weeks, we're getting at least one FF book a week, I don't think a sparse January is anything to worry about. 12 books in the next two months and two after that in January (counting Doom, which, come on, makes sense).

30-Oct FANTASTIC FOUR GRAND DESIGN #1 (OF 2)
    INVISIBLE WOMAN #4

6-Nov DOCTOR DOOM #2
    FANTASTIC FOUR #661

13-Nov FUTURE FOUNDATION #4

20-Nov FANTASTIC FOUR 2099 #1

27-Nov FANTASTIC FOUR GRAND DESIGN #2 (OF 2)
    FANTASTIC FOUR: NEGATIVE ZONE #1
    INVISIBLE WOMAN #5

4-Dec DOCTOR DOOM #3

11-Dec FANTASTIC FOUR #662

18-Dec FUTURE FOUNDATION #5
    Didn't realize it will be one a week. That's great. 2019 has been really good for me on the FF side of things, lets see how 2020 goes.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I can get excited for our one actual Avengers ongoing again, God Ewing is coming to save everything Cosmic, X-Men stuff is done laying groundwork, and I'm about to be flooded in Iron Man content. This is already a massive improvement over 2019. Even if they did kill a lot of books I really liked, the main spine of the line looks better.

And Spider-Man exists.
    Iron Man stuff might turn out to be good and X-Men books don't look bad but the rest are a huge meh for me.

Avengers line has never been this boring, ever, imo. I just want multiple avengers books again. Being back uncanny and at least one more Avengers team that actually are avengers...

Uncanny's status quo, Avengers team that promotes the X-Men's co-existence philosophy, is no longer compatible with the X-Men's. They should launch one or two new books though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

There's nothing new that I want to get, I might get the doom book in trade depending on the price point ( I find marvel overpriced in trade generally)

Just about holding on with avengers but if Tony's gone long term and of Thor stays as he has been it's gonna be at risk of being dropped

FF still doing okay for me, but nothing special

Gonna prank Marvel when they get all those Avengers out of limbo

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uncanny's status quo, Avengers team that promotes the X-Men's co-existence philosophy, is no longer compatible with the X-Men's. They should launch one or two new books though.
    I'd like to see them bring back Uncanny Avengers and make it a sort of refuge for mutants who can't go along with the X-Men's new philosophy. Justice could lead the team.

Astonishing Member

There's nothing for me, a first.