Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I hear ya,will young justice season 4 be made?
    As far as I'm aware, they're getting as much production done as they can from home.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I hear ya,will young justice season 4 be made?
    How did season 3 end?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    How did season 3 end?
    It ended with Black Lightning leading the JL and Outsiders being a public team. They teased the Legion of Superheroes as well.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I canceled DC Universe about a year ago.

I loved Titans, and enjoyed Young Justice. I'd really like to see the other shows, but I can't justify having all these separate streaming services. I hope HBO Max will absorb DC Universe soon.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I canceled DC Universe about a year ago.

I loved Titans, and enjoyed Young Justice. I'd really like to see the other shows, but I can't justify having all these separate streaming services. I hope HBO Max will absorb DC Universe soon.
    I just hope they can figure out a way to keep their comic part of the subscription going. It's been really nice having a app like that to read DC's archive. Saves a lot of money compared to buying a ton of volumes for comics you might never re-read.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just hope they can figure out a way to keep their comic part of the subscription going. It's been really nice having a app like that to read DC's archive. Saves a lot of money compared to buying a ton of volumes for comics you might never re-read.
    I'd think as much as they've invested in their digital library at this point it would make more sense to keep the comics subscription service going....but that's just speculation, I have no knowledge of the actual business side of things. It just seems like they could keep it around as the answer to Marvel Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It ended with Black Lightning leading the JL and Outsiders being a public team. They teased the Legion of Superheroes as well.
    I get what they were doing with the whole social media/social movement thing about "Outsiders" but ... I didn't need it. If there's another season, I'd be excited about the Legion - less so the others.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get what they were doing with the whole social media/social movement thing about "Outsiders" but ... I didn't need it. If there's another season, I'd be excited about the Legion - less so the others.
    I just found it kind of funny how they have what is obviously a Teen Titans team without calling them the Teen Titans...and how they retroactively justify the Outsiders branding without using the actual Outsiders team together .

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I do an image search for random Bugs Bunny comic book covers, from Dell and Gold Key, I find covers with Bugs wearing yellow gloves or white gloves and to a lesser degree grey gloves or blue gloves. So I'm forced to conclude that yellow gloves were common enough back in the day and I just didn't remember that--or I am now in an alternate timeline where the yellow gloves existed, but I remember a timeline where they were always white.
    I'm not 100% certain but I believe WB is trying to avoid any connection to past offensive depictions. They are taking guns from Elmer Fudd and such. I read at one time the white gloves have a connection to the Minstrel Show tradition. I bet someone at HBO read the same article. When WB was a network they Michigan J. Frog signing as their spokesman. Dave Chapelle I think called them out for the same reason.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/the-bat...nt-1202982390/

Matt Reeves and Terence Winters are doing a GCPD series set in the universe of The Batman.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Matt Reeves and Terence Winters are doing a GCPD series set in the universe of The Batman.
    More than solid writing credits: Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire... amazing. Michael Pitt's character from Boardwalk Empire felt a lot like Jason Todd to me back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

I wonder if this is going to actually feel like a police procedural in Batman's universe or a police procedural that just happens to be set in a world where Batman exists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this is going to actually feel like a police procedural in Batman's universe or a police procedural that just happens to be set in a world where Batman exists.
    Can’t it be a little of both?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I am confused by HBO Max. DC is the WB franchise in which I am most interested but the availability is weird. No HARLEY QUINN and none of the TITANS seasons equals what the--?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Can’t it be a little of both?
    I guess...but I just want it to justify existing in a Batman universe by acknowledging Batman, his impact, and having comic-book stuff like Supervillains be relevant.