Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Extraordinary Member

The Batman: Colin Farrell Officially Reprising Penguin Role for HBO Max Spinoff

The world of Matt Reeves' The Batman is officially expanding. On Monday, Variety confirmed that Colin Farrell is officially on board to star in and executive produce an HBO Max spinoff of the film, which is expected to revolve around his portrayal of Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin. The series was first announced to be in early development earlier this year, but it was unclear at the time if Farrell would be involved. The series would follow Penguin's rise to power in Gotham's criminal underworld, with Agents of SHIELD and Impulse alum Lauren LeFranc attached to write the script. Matt Reeves, who is directing and co-writing The Batman, would executive produce, alongside the film's producer, Dylan Clark.

This Penguin-centric series would mark the second time the character's story is prominently explored in live-action television, after the character was also portrayed by Robin Lord Taylor on Fox's Gotham. The role was also previously played by Danny DeVito in Batman Returns, and the actor has been open about his excitement for Farrell's rendition of the character.
    To read more open link below.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-ba...o-max-spinoff/

Extraordinary Member

The Suicide Squad's James Gunn Teases More Spin-Off Shows
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...pin-off-shows/

Extraordinary Member

Peacemaker | Official Trailer | HBO Max

I’m really looking forward to Peacemaker. The only thing I’m not a fan of is the fact that they seemingly turned Vigilante into a Deadpool knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really looking forward to Peacemaker. The only thing I’m not a fan of is the fact that they seemingly turned Vigilante into a Deadpool knockoff.
    Yeah...

That is either -

- Really going to work.

or

- Really not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The Batman: Colin Farrell Officially Reprising Penguin Role for HBO Max Spinoff
    Is that prosthetics or did he gain weight? I wonder how bad it might be for him to maintain that for a show... (I don't even see Farrell there - he looks like Powers Boothe)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, it feels weird taking a serious, tragic, character like Vigilante and then making him goofy and quirky, but that's kind of how Gunn operates.

The suit looks great though.

Extraordinary Member

DC's Peacemaker Bombs on HBO Max

Check out some comments inside the link above.

Oscar H quote-
    I think it has to do more that it's on HBO max and DC hasn't made a legitimate interconnected universe like Marvel. But also the lack of promotion and advertising does make it suffer too :/

Luke quote-
    Fans have no reason to care about these DC projects, they just constantly reboot in the multiverse. The more universes they do, the worse it's going to get. Worst part is we still don't have a long term universe
    However the show was barely available to most people cause hbomax and it's an unknown character and the suicide squad wasn't that popular. It's the dceu which usually puts people off watching it.
    Genuinely none of these DC projects except for the batman are getting any hype, moon knight has more hype than DC (except for the batman).

2btobi quote-
    @Luke it’s still an entertaining watch

Oscar H quote-
    @Luke I would agree, but the show is really good. Too bad Warner bros screwed up when they let Zack Snyder be the one to lead the universe. I have no issue with Snyder, but he shouldn't have been the one leading the DCEU.

Manav Khandurie quote-
    Its cause boycottwb is trending for like 2 days now and is above and beyond whatever wb has posted.
    Plus snyder fans have declared a virtual war against WB ever since the rumours about flash rebooting everything came about����
    Frankly speaking I think WB should just released a new trailer for black Adam or flash to just redirect the hate as soon as possible

Luke quote-
    @Oscar H it was never supposed to be a long term universe, zacks original plan was to reboot after a few films.
    Noone had any long term plans for DC and that's why it all went wrong, while marvel was building the MCU and building a huge fanbase and making money, DC was constantly rebooting cause they didn't know what to do.

Oscar H quote-
    @Luke damn, WB is just dumb I guess. ��

ßØSS 1417 quote-
    @Luke Marvel is in a league of its own now, even the rings of power doesn't have as much hype as moonknight. (As of now at least)

Glen Waldrop quote-
    Xion Xina is the problem.
    The character was fine on Suicide Squad, the problem entirely is John Cena kissing China's ass. He was popular pretty well across the board until that stunt.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Huh....how is it a bomb? It actually premiered to numbers ahead of Gossip Girl and behind SATC. Seeing people try to say that Snyderbros helped is laughable

That person clearly doesn't know what their talking about lol
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-20-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

That is either -

- Really going to work.

or

- Really not going to work.
    It’s working

In what universe did this show have a lack of promotion?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Huh....how is it a bomb? It actually premiered to numbers ahead of Gossip Girl and behind SATC. Seeing people try to say that Snyderbros helped is laughable

That person clearly doesn't know what their talking about lol
    Stats from Latin America
    899670D5-3511-40B7-B2A2-5FE547231E34.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Updated news for peacemaker.
    Peacemaker #1 In Demand Streaming Series In The World Over Boba Fett

So I guess it didn't bomb.

Extraordinary Member

James Gunn, HBO Max Developing Second Suicide Squad Spinoff Series

DC Extended Universe
    Untitled The Suicide Squad spin-off series: In January 2021, James Gunn announced that he was developing additional spin-off projects from The Suicide Squad.By August 2021, Walter Hamada confirmed that additional DC projects were in development from Gunn.In January 2022, Gunn confirmed that he was working on another DC Comics television series. Later that month, the studio confirmed that a second spin-off television series of The Suicide Squad was in development. Gunn stated that the project would not be as comedic as Peacemaker.
    James Gunn, HBO Max Developing Second Suicide Squad Spinoff Series
    The Suicide Squad director James Gunn teases a second spinoff series is in development for HBO Max, though details are currently scarce.
    https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-hbo-m...pinoff-series/