Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So where is Hourman going to be?
    It feels so odd for him to get a movie
    I hope JSA appears

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It feels so odd for him to get a movie
    I hope JSA appears
    They probably won't play a big role in his movie, but be teased at the end. I think it's obvious they want to build up to a JSA film and are kind of doing a Marvel Avengers by giving some of them solos first.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    They probably won't play a big role in his movie, but be teased at the end. I think it's obvious they want to build up to a JSA film and are kind of doing a Marvel Avengers by giving some of them solos first.
    And to start with Housman?

Not Black Canary, Hawkman, Flash, Starman but Housman?

Who comes up thease pitches, plasticwoman movie, superpets

Sure, why not start with Hourman? Black Canary is already getting her own solo movie (spinning out of her appearance in BOP I guess, same actress), and from all signs is off the table for a JSA film because her team is Birds of Prey for now (rumor is Gotham City Sirens is happening again, which opens up the BoP vs GCS movie again). And if I'm wrong and Black Canary does wind up a member of JSA? Again, her solo film has already been confirmed, so asking "not Black Canary" isn't a good question - I'm going to assume you just missed the Black Canary movie news. Or meant her also Black Canary mom, but BOP established the older BC is dead in this continuity.

Flash is a no go because DCEU's not going to do multiple Flashes. There's Ezra's Barry Allen, so Jay Garrick isn't getting a movie. It's be confusing to audiences to have one Flash movie and then another Flash of a different name set in the same continuity. Hell, I'm not sure how well movie audiences are going to grasp having Pattinson's Batman elsewhere in the multiverse, and Affleck's and Keaton's Batman in the DCEU Flash movie, and that's relatively more straight-forward than Barry and Jay both having "Flash" movies.

Starman they might not want to do because they might want to go with Stargirl instead - she does have a show.

Again, what's wrong with Hourman getting a solo? Movie success doesn't reflect comic book success and vice versa, typical fan arguments don't work there. If they did half the MCU would've bombed.

Also Superpets makes a lot of sense for an animated movie. More traditional human heroes, just do live action.

I think they're probably going to go with robot Hourman for the movie.

Maybe because they want to start with the more unique JSA members? Black Canary is already getting a film and she’s mostly a BOP/JL member these days. No point in doing Flash since we don’t want too many doppelgänger/derivative characters in the DCEU. I can see Hawkman, Dr Fate and Wildcat getting films… maybe our JSA will be the idler generation training the new:

Hourman (Rex training Rick)
    Wildcat (Ted training Yolanda)
    Dr Fate (Kent training Khalid)
    Dr Mid-Nite (Charles training Beth or Pieter)
    Starman (Ted training Courtney)
    Hawkman (Showing Jakeem the ropes)

Then you also have Cyclone and Atom Smasher to add to the young group. Would be an interesting premise, but would they do it considering that’s similar to Stargirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe - we don't know which Hourman they're going with, just that it's Hourman. Least, I don't think they said which Hourman it was...
    But I hope you're right, because...look, no one needs a reason to want to see a robot.

I've never read anything with Hourman but he really seems like a weird choice over someone like Hawkworld and Dr Fate. What would his story be about? And powers for one hour doesn't seem that interesting of an idea for a 2 hour movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I've never read anything with Hourman but he really seems like a weird choice over someone like Hawkworld and Dr Fate. What would his story be about? And powers for one hour doesn't seem that interesting of an idea for a 2 hour movie.
    We don't know Hawkworld would be the origin they'd go with for Hawkman. His origin is a mess, and that might be what's holding back a film. Meanwhile you have to be really careful with Dr. Fate so it doesn't come across like you're ripping MCU's Dr. Strange, which might be holding him back. Due to a simpler origin and no MCU equivalent Hourman might've been chosen just because he could be viewed as a safer choice in comparison.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Maybe because they want to start with the more unique JSA members? Black Canary is already getting a film and she’s mostly a BOP/JL member these days. No point in doing Flash since we don’t want too many doppelgänger/derivative characters in the DCEU. I can see Hawkman, Dr Fate and Wildcat getting films… maybe our JSA will be the idler generation training the new:

Hourman (Rex training Rick)
    Wildcat (Ted training Yolanda)
    Dr Fate (Kent training Khalid)
    Dr Mid-Nite (Charles training Beth or Pieter)
    Starman (Ted training Courtney)
    Hawkman (Showing Jakeem the ropes)

Then you also have Cyclone and Atom Smasher to add to the young group. Would be an interesting premise, but would they do it considering that’s similar to Stargirl
    I'd rather they establish the older team and then introduce the younger generation in a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    We don't know Hawkworld would be the origin they'd go with for Hawkman. His origin is a mess, and that might be what's holding back a film. Meanwhile you have to be really careful with Dr. Fate so it doesn't come across like you're ripping MCU's Dr. Strange, which might be holding him back. Due to a simpler origin and no MCU equivalent Hourman might've been chosen just because he could be viewed as a safer choice in comparison.
    I'm only calling it Hawkworld because "Hawkman and Hawkwoman" sounds weird to me. I don't see why the comics would be an issue. Aquaman has had like 4 or 5 origins and Wonder Woman's history has been just as convoluted.

They just have to take the Justice League Unlimited origin sans John Stewart. Thanagarian cops landed on Ancient Egypt and become royalty. Shadow Thief kills them but by the magical properties of nth metal or something they reincarnate on earth for several lifetimes always finding each other.

It's just laying there full of potential. It's Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, except with magic and alien empires. You could even make it culturally relevant by exploring the idea of culture and ancestors in Egypt.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-17-2021 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope you’re right and I hope it’s based on the Peyer/Morales series.

Extraordinary Member

We really need confirmation on the actor casted for static film