Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm waiting for some new cartoon news.
    This is all I want, I've had enough of live action
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I just clicked on the link and it says it's not found. Not sure what that means. I really hope the Superman rumors are true. I assume both this and the MM show will be Supergirl spinoffs.
    Weird. I'll try to replace it with a working link.

Extraordinary Member

I said before Blue beetle and Green lantern might be shows instead of movies and it looks like i might be right.

So the only Superman show rumored is a CW spin off?

Hard pass. Wake me up when HBO decides to do a Golden Age series set in the 40's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm desperate for new Superman content, especially in live action, but I won't watch that watered down CW Superman show if true. I hate that version with a passion.

I would watch a Routh Superman show on HBO max, however, and hoping it was well written like the character deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So the only Superman show rumored is a CW spin off?

Hard pass. Wake me up when HBO decides to do a Golden Age series set in the 40's.
    Exactly. Have less than zero interest in a CW-helmed Superman show. Especially if they want to utilize the Arrowverse version. A Superman who's confirmed second fiddle to his cousin, and probably with a kid who will inevitably overshadow him in his own right like the comics are getting ready to do? Hell freaking no.

Beggars can be choosers in this instance. Been two decades since a Superman show, but if that's what the offer is, I'd rather not have it at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-25-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Exactly. Have less than zero interest in a CW-helmed Superman show. Especially if they want to utilize the Arrowverse version. A Superman who's confirmed second fiddle to his cousin, and probably with a kid who will inevitably overshadow him in his own right like the comics are getting ready to do? Hell freaking no.

Beggars can be choosers in this instance. Been two decades since a Superman show, but if that's what the offer is, I'd rather not have it at all.
    I know a lot of people haven't lived the Supergirl fight down, but if he were to get his own show I imagine the impetus would be to once again present Superman as the greatest hero since he would not be their as a supporting player to Supergirl.

At least that's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know a lot of people haven't lived the Supergirl fight down, but if he were to get his own show I imagine the impetus would be to once again present Superman as the greatest hero since he would not be their as a supporting player to Supergirl.

At least that's my take on it.
    But the damage has been done, though. Things have been said that have ruined this version of the character forever for me and other fans.

I can't just ignore his past.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Oh come on, no love for DC Universe? And HBO Max is going to be prohibitively expensive, too... yuck!
    The amount of content HBO Max is offering is a lot, it definitely wasn't going to be cheap.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Here is the deal with Greg Berlanti.
    We all want a T-bone steak and a baked potato but no one wants to give us that
    Greg Berlanti is offering us cheeseburgers and fries because they won't give him money to give us T-bone steaks
    We either take what Berlanti is giving us or go without. I am sure Greg would love to give us T-bones if he could.
    Really he is giving us a buffet. Think back before he came along how few superhero shows there were on TV.
    Now we are so spoiled that we get to complain about how "terrible" they are, when they are actually far superior
    to anything back in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s. Look back on shows like Adventures of Superman,
    Wonder Woman, Lois and Clark, even Batman if you want to see cheap looking.
    You have a point that Berlanti is impressive with his position but the majority of his shows are bleh to me. However, I had no idea about DP being under him. If bigger budget makes him churn out better shows then I hope he gets them.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But the damage has been done, though. Things have been said that have ruined this version of the character forever for me and other fans.

I can't just ignore his past.
    I didn't see anything other than Clark being humble. Of course he'd say she beat him fair and square - he's Superman. He might even believe it, doesn't necessarily make it true.

Glad they’re moving in this direction. They no longer need to totally rely on movies to create good live action superhero content. Instead of waiting in vain for WB to make movies about their great mid tier characters, we could hopefully get some great shows instead. It would be a dream come true to get a Blue Beetle show.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm desperate for new Superman content, especially in live action, but I won't watch that watered down CW Superman show if true. I hate that version with a passion.

I would watch a Routh Superman show on HBO max, however, and hoping it was well written like the character deserves.
    If they did a Superman show with Routh as a Kingdom Come-like Superman I’d be so down.

Which shows caught your attention besides Superman?

For me it’s Blue Beetle. I think his setting has major potential, and not just for “diversity” but the unique story of a superhero operating in El Paso. Not to mention the dynamic between Jaime, Paco, Brenda, and the Scarab (they should get a talented character actor to portray him as a comedic sociopath). Hope they get Traci 13 in there too, she would be a cool character to have in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Which shows caught your attention besides Superman?
    The Question - all the way. One of the few actual letters I've ever written to a comic book company was telling DC that the character would be amazing on tv.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They haven't decided about TITANS? That show is the best thing they've done in ages! A Hawk and Dove spin off would be rad.

I'd like to see a Ian Glen led BATMAN show too, honestly.

If there's a Superman show I want it to be a high quality HBO joint, or something spun off of the DCU Titans world. A CW helmed joint with the dude from Teen Wolf is a hard, hard pass.